Search This thread

methosivanhoe

Feb 9, 2009
London
oh, my mistake... the annoyingly stupid blue mesh is still there for wallpapers, but not for lock screens... so it's a 50% fix really lol

M

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
To be daring, I installed over AOKP after running Jbroid. Changed LCD Density to 200. Enabled AdAway.
Camera works great and it's fast.
Video recording works.
SMS works.
Audio works.
Accelerometer doesn't work, gives an error that none was found.
Apps that forcibly rotate still do, but you can't manually rotate, so you'll get stuck in Landscape mode and be unable to open notification drawer until you reboot.
UI seems pretty snappy to me.
Not sure if GPS is working. Compass isn't,but I need to move before I can be sure about GPS.

So far, so good. It's not too far off from where I sit.

Last edited:

Piksou

Feb 27, 2012
Thanks, that is great.
On FM Radio, is it the same as CM9 (i.e. no support for it, but hooks available for Spirit FM) or is it worse ?

thechints

Nov 30, 2011
Guys at XDA shud ready just build their own hardware now! Skills!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
I'm really liking the look of Google now, should be very interesting. All in all considering its a preview, this is long way there... sensors need adding, GPS, but the main functionality is all there.

To downgrade back to paranoid, I flashed a cwm zipped cm9 kernel in cwm, then restored using nandroid backup successfully.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Last edited:

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
For anyone who may have had issues returning to ICS.
I tried to restore Nandroid and just got boot loops to recovery at the boot splash image.
Tried installing CM9 kernel, no luck.
Tried wiping cache/dalvik, no luck.
Tried restoring Nandroid from the CM9 kernel, no luck.

What I had to do was flash an AOSP ICS ROM from the CM9 kernel. I was then able to boot, but it took longer than normal.

I went through this entire test of CM10 without wiping data/factory reset just to see if it was possible.

Reactions: xdacob012z

mburrieza

Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for giving us JB. Going to try it now.
CM did it again. Congratulations

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

jbounours

Feb 27, 2012
London
Lowering DPIs ****ed up the lockscreen for me (280). Google Now looks great though!

Amazed by the stability of the ROM already. Wow. Congrats. Good days ahead thanks to you guys.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

rlaw

Jul 13, 2011
Works pretty damn well.
As noted, orientation is borked. Not too sure on GPS, yet.
Modifying LCD density can result in some strange things.

The lockscreen ring is off center, which is thrown into sharper relief the more you lower the density.

Besides minor niggles, it's still smoother than ICS for me, more fluid and prettier. Can't wait for the official nightlies to start!

Oh. Installing C3D drivers will cause your device to freeze. Lay low on those for now.

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
Another thing I found out... the lock icon on the Lockscreen isn't exactly in the centre.

If it's possible, someone here who regularly checks the thread, should start creating a bug list. Even the very 'lil bugs which xplodwild may miss by mistake -- not that he will, but still. :)

Reactions: LordManhattan

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Another thing I found out... the lock icon on the Lockscreen isn't exactly in the centre.

If it's possible, someone here who regularly checks the thread, should start creating a bug list. Even the very 'lil bugs which xplodwild may miss by mistake -- not that he will, but still. :)

WHY did you have to mention that? That'll drive me crazy! Thanks Honey B :( It's a sad day LOL :p

Moving on,

I stress tested it (both CPU and GPU) to see if it would reboot or explode into my face, but it's rock solid. I also played Dead Trigger to see if it lagged, but it's running just fine :)

ipguy

May 8, 2007
if anyone is brave enough to put up a youtube of cm10 it would be greatly appreciated

i'm a little hesitant to flash as i need this phone to be stable !

or just ignore this :)

ahalford

Sep 24, 2011
עץ החיים
Great news, great preview, every stated here compliment is true.

Can we start with a bugs list?:eek:

**When using "long press back key to close the app", any custom wallpaper resets back to JB default.
**GPS is not working - sad,but true.

Great work, XpLoD, just great. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: itsfragi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- FMradio doesn't work
    - Not butter smooth but still nice

- Make sure to run CM9/CM10 or an AOSP-based ROM : FLASHING FROM STOCK ICS OR ROMS BASED ON STOCK ICS WILL RESULT IN A BRICK! - You're warned!
    - Download the zip
    - Download Gapps
    - Install the update zip from recovery
    - Install gapps
    - WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    - Reboot

cgRT5.png

Google Apps 20120726: http://goo.im/gapps

Nightlies:
    http://get.cm/?device=n7000

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#n7000/cm10.1/next

If you're encountering a bug that isn't listed above, make sure to attach a logcat with your report. If you don't know how to do it, then refrain from posting.

If you like the work done by Team Hacksung, feel free to do a donation by hitting the donate button at www.teamhacksung.org webpage or hit the Donate to me button up ahead. Thanks to all donators!

You can check out #teamhacksung-support on Freenode for live support.
    Preview #4 has been released
    Preview #3 available
    Just to clarify, I'm not interested in releasing my own flavour of cm10. I've merely built it from source because Xplod appears to be AWOL and I'm impatient.

I'm sure there are lots of others like me, so I'm happy to make my build available for download, at least until Xplod returns. I just wasn't sure if it would be frowned upon to post a link since none of this is my work obviously and all credit remains with the cm team.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

A new build is coming tomorrow.
    Thread Cleaned

Once again i have been forced to clean this thread, warnings have been posted by the moderation team and they appear to of been ignored. This is a development thread, only post if you have something to help with the development. Dont post just to moan or *****, do not post to just confirm the same info over and over this has already annoyed Entropy512 (and myself) Also read the OP and following posts properly before posting anything! I would close the thread, but that would spoil it because of the minority, so the fairest thing to do is start handing out infractions for those who repeatedly ignore the moderation team warnings. Please dont respond to these posts, it usually makes things worst, just report the post entering as much info as you can to help the acting moderator.

I will also contact the OP about the discussion thread in the general section, this may well take some of the junk out of this thread.

Final warning here people!

Edit: No more excuses, the OP has endorsed the discussion thread in the general section, use it!​