[Q] Galaxy S i9000 as an wireless access point hot spot

Search This thread

DamianGto

Sep 17, 2010
I did use this alot.
But you can't hook up more the 4 devices.
And it will drain your battery.
Need to change often.
That made the phone hot.
So i gave up.
Put the simcard in the usb and setup a router with wife.
So i route the inet from use to the router.
Works good

Sent from GT-I9000 Jpm OS kernel with z4mod

faizalr

Oct 31, 2007
Jakarta
I am living ib Indonesia, I can use AP before with DXJF4 firmware, but it is no longer available after moving to froyo JPM. My pc can recognize sgs but internet can't connect.
Is it caused by JPM firmware which is for europe?
Anyone please help me

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

xavierzutafun

Oct 4, 2010
Leeds
I've used wireless AP for a month, or so, as I have unlimited data plan (I was actually sharing HSDPA from O2) and I moved to a new flat, where I had to wait for BT line connection for a month or so. The AP worked fine, with latency around 100ms, it was quite reliable and even if 2 laptops and one PC were connected, everything went fine (except the phone was bloody warm and the battery went flat in a very short time), but I was happy that it worked.

Darkstriker

Oct 19, 2009
i9100
OnePlus 2
I am living ib Indonesia, I can use AP before with DXJF4 firmware, but it is no longer available after moving to froyo JPM. My pc can recognize sgs but internet can't connect.
Is it caused by JPM firmware which is for europe?
Anyone please help me

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

It's still there unless you applied a custom rom that removes it or your localized CSC blocks it...

mshakeer

Oct 24, 2010
[Q] Galaxy S i9000 as an wireless access point

I have a samsung galaxy S i9000, and the mobile access point is activated, I can successfully connect to it using my laptop but when I try to connect using my other mobile (ex: Nokia) to the Galaxy's mobile access point on the target device it says the wireless connection is lost and on the Galaxy the mobile access point is deactivated automatically, is this a limitation that the other device cannot be a wifi mobile? OR is this a bug in Galaxy's mobile access point. Any help much appreciated.

OldMike60

Dec 6, 2008
Santa Clara, CA.
[Q] Galaxy as Wifi Hot Spot?

I am considering switching from an HTC Tilt2 to an Android machine, likely the I9000. The one feature I must be able to implement is to put the phone in Wifi hot spot mode, using the ATT Unlimited Data plan (I am grandfathered in), NOT tethered mode. In WM6-Land WMWifi did the deed, but I don't see an equivalent for Android. My understanding is that, unlike the Tilt2, this requires rooting, not just a software app. That's fine, I just need to know if it can be done or not before I switch. Otherwise might have to go with WM7, but fear it will die a quick death with no apps (and the WMWifi folks say they are "considering it", which probably means "no.").

OldMike60

Dec 6, 2008
Santa Clara, CA.
Maybe wrong device?

Now I see that the ATT Samsung Android phone is a Captivate. Not sure if it is the same as an I9000, but think it best to repost in the Captivate Forum. If the moderator wants to kill this post that's fine.

Emexrulsier

Oct 27, 2008
the i9000 works like wmwifi turning your phone into a wireless AP. And since 2.2 update it got better in that it now supports upto 5 connection compared to 3 in eclair.

b3navides

Dec 24, 2010
Hi guys ! I have the i9000 here in Mexico with an unlimited internet access, but whenever I use the phone as modem to get internet access in my laptop the server provider (TELCEL) charges me an extra fee. Is there any application or program which does not display to the provider that I am using the phone as a modem ? Thanks !