Help. Unbootable N4

Search This thread

Threadz

Apr 1, 2013
I accidently formatted my internal storage and system partision through TWRP recovery. Now im stuck with an unbootable Nexus 4 since there is no rom installed. How can i push a zip into my device? I can only access TWRP and Fastboot. and never really used ADB. I used a Toolkit to Root my phone (WugFresh's Toolkit) cant really use that since i cant boot my device to turn on USB Debugging. Any help?

Update: Searched several hours on xda, i cant manage to set up adb. Redownloaded Android SDK. Installed/updated adb (v). Tried multiple drivers (from official google usb drivers to univeral usb driver from Koush). Every time i open cmd and type "adb device" and long list of adb commands and other stuff appear. every time i type adb and any word infront of it, that happens. adb doesnt want to run or something. This is getting fustrating. and when i run adb.exe (from toolkit folder) it closes really quickly. only odd thing i see is under device manager my Nexus 4 is being displayed as Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface???

Last edited:

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
I accidently formatted my internal storage and system partision through TWRP recovery. Now im stuck with an unbootable Nexus 4 since there is no rom installed. How can i push a zip into my device? I can only access TWRP and Fastboot. and never really used ADB. I used a Toolkit to Root my phone (WugFresh's Toolkit) cant really use that since i cant boot my device to turn on USB Debugging. Any help?

Update: Searched several hours on xda, i cant manage to set up adb. Redownloaded Android SDK. Installed/updated adb (v). Tried multiple drivers (from official google usb drivers to univeral usb driver from Koush). Every time i open cmd and type "adb device" and long list of adb commands and other stuff appear. every time i type adb and any word infront of it, that happens. adb doesnt want to run or something. This is getting fustrating. and when i run adb.exe (from toolkit folder) it closes really quickly. only odd thing i see is under device manager my Nexus 4 is being displayed as Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface???

Hi the command is 'adb devices' if it's showing you the commands adb is set up correct. You don't actually need adb for this though, get your phone in fastboot mode and type 'fastboot devices' with your phone connected. If it outputs anything you're ready to flash a factory rom and fix your phone.