Note 3 - GPS Issues

Search This thread

akbar11

Sep 10, 2012
Hi,

I have been having an issue lately with my GPS. The GPS is not able to find any satellite. I am using the stock rom (non-rooted) and my GPS cannot find anything just keep saying "Searching for GPS".

I have tried the following:

- Using an diffrent rom (CM 11)
- Clean Wipe & reinstalled stock rom
- Tightening the screws at the back
- Opening the note 3 and making the contacts of the note 3 better

Yet, I do not get any lock on my GPS. My Note 3 is the LTE Variant. Running the latest "United Kingdom BTU" Firmware.

Anyone got suggestions? Other than take it an repair shop etc... please post very appreciated!

finalzero

Dec 2, 2004
www.finalzero.com
Hi,

I have been having an issue lately with my GPS. The GPS is not able to find any satellite. I am using the stock rom (non-rooted) and my GPS cannot find anything just keep saying "Searching for GPS".

Yet, I do not get any lock on my GPS. My Note 3 is the LTE Variant. Running the latest "United Kingdom BTU" Firmware.

Anyone got suggestions? Other than take it an repair shop etc... please post very appreciated!

Hey dude I am having the same issue as you, noticed this is a problem ever since the new Samsung ROM came out (4.4.2 or whatever the latest is).

I know in the US AT&T users had major issues with it but I think the problem is with the Samsung ROM as they tried to save power but in doing so they screwed up the GPS.

I am hoping someone has an answer as I think this issue is more common than most people want to admit.

finalzero

Dec 2, 2004
www.finalzero.com
Gps not issue.s5 port rom, make issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dude you probably have an issue with the S5 ROM but I am pretty sure akbar11 has the same issue as I have:

Clean Wipe & reinstalled stock rom

I can confirm there is an issue as it appears Samsung have now released the an updated (I switched to the stock ROM and it prompted me to upgrade to a new version so I searched for the correct Firmware).

akbar11 you need this firmware dude:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TcUxRLgT!AvHOsV92itQL8l3daG_GuF_LC10erdOlNuCN4D408YQ

Apparently a few issues are resolved including GPS with some enhancements to the OS and I am pretty sure the current ROMs based on 4.4.2 have the GPS issue.

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Bad news, seems the GPS issue is present and I believe most ROMs using this new version of the firmware still have the issue.

WTF did Samsung do...4.3 was great, GPS worked first time but now it's a shambles.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi,

0) Clarify what phone you have and in what region and on what provider you are using it.

1) Use a simple program like "GPS Test" (the free version should be fine) to see quickly what kind of problem you encounter.

2) Do some tests in parallel with another phone in the very same spot at the very same time.

3) Test with Note 3 connected to mobile data exclusively.

4) Wait a little more, without AGPS the GPS-lock can take 10-15 minutes.

uf21

Jun 5, 2012
I myself had issues with GPS on every rom. Wasn't finding any satellites. I followed the below steps and now it is working fine. Credit goes to whoever originally wrote it.

Follow these steps:

On you dialer type in this *#0011#
Press menu key > press back
Press menu key > press key input > Q
Press menu key > press key input > 0000
Wait for a few seconds and the screen options will change
Press on UMTS
Press on Common
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on System, Protocol, GPS, IMS
Wait for 30 seconds and then shutdown your phone
Power On phone
GPS should work fine now
Recommend to use GPS STATUS app to reset and download AGPS Data

ziotom2

Jul 22, 2008
Milano
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey dude I am having the same issue as you, noticed this is a problem ever since the new Samsung ROM came out (4.4.2 or whatever the latest is).

I know in the US AT&T users had major issues with it but I think the problem is with the Samsung ROM as they tried to save power but in doing so they screwed up the GPS.

I am hoping someone has an answer as I think this issue is more common than most people want to admit.
same for me. tryed cm11 but the behaviour is the same. extremely
slow fix and not stable.

mtrax

Nov 24, 2008
I myself had issues with GPS on every rom. Wasn't finding any satellites. I followed the below steps and now it is working fine. Credit goes to whoever originally wrote it.

Follow these steps:

On you dialer type in this *#0011#
Press menu key > press back
Press menu key > press key input > Q
Press menu key > press key input > 0000
Wait for a few seconds and the screen options will change
Press on UMTS
Press on Common
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on System, Protocol, GPS, IMS
Wait for 30 seconds and then shutdown your phone
Power On phone
GPS should work fine now
Recommend to use GPS STATUS app to reset and download AGPS Data

I'm getting satelite lock but every 5 mins or so its dropping again, what does the above procedure do?
ie will it provide a stable GPS connection

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gps not issue.s5 port rom, make issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app