[FIRMWARE] Is it possible to downgrade to 4.3 from 4.4.2?

Search This thread

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Just turned out that i need to flash my carrier's RO, but on 4.4.2, it's stucked on VIP CSC instead of ATL, so I must flash 4.3 ATL ROM and then upgrade from it.

So, my question is: how to do it? :silly: is it possible with KNOX already tripped at 0x1? I am very aware of flashing with ODIN risks are, and not afraid of them.

If something goes wrong could I just reflash generic Nordic 4.4.2 ROM?

Thank you for watching folks! :good:

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
Just turned out that i need to flash my carrier's RO, but on 4.4.2, it's stucked on VIP CSC instead of ATL, so I must flash 4.3 ATL ROM and then upgrade from it.

So, my question is: how to do it? :silly: is it possible with KNOX already tripped at 0x1? I am very aware of flashing with ODIN risks are, and not afraid of them.

If something goes wrong could I just reflash generic Nordic 4.4.2 ROM?

Thank you for watching folks! :good:
Once bootloader upgraded, you cannot downgrade. ATL is for Spain Vodafone. Even after flashing the ATL CSC you will still have VIP CSC. This happens because this Csc is for multiple countries.

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Maybe downgrading without bootloader?

Anyway, VIP rom is not bad at all, but at least on sammobile's package is not multi CSC, so I don't understand nothing!

I can't change it!
If you, any of you, are so kind to give me correct directions, I would be really grateful :)

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
Maybe downgrading without bootloader?

Anyway, VIP rom is not bad at all, but at least on sammobile's package is not multi CSC, so I don't understand nothing!

I can't change it!
If you, any of you, are so kind to give me correct directions, I would be really grateful :)

Use the Nordic Firmware. It works just fine and it doesnt have that Vodafone crap. I am using the Vodafone ATL version, but my CSC is VIP. That´s how it is. The ATL version is the same with the VIP version for Checz, i think. It doesnt affect you. So even if it say that you are on VIP CSC, it´s the same with the ATL CSC.

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
ATL seems to be different behaviour in what battery is related, and smoother.

That's why i want it, without croatian trash LOL

SoRiNuS

Oct 28, 2009
Bermeo
Already know what titanium backup is and stands for. I've been using it since my Xperia X8 days, back in 2010

OK, the final word is that... you can´t change your CSC from VIP to ATL :), You can change it to NEE if you want. I´ve tested a lot of CSC included Orange France, and i can say that i´ve didnt notice any difference is battery life or speed. The only difference is that NEE version is bloatware free :)

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
I will figure the way to extract CSC files from hidden.img and putting them on Nordic hidden.img files...

The perspective looks promising! LOL

Top Liked Posts