[GUIDE] How to Have 750 MB Internal Menory in SGY (dualboot mod)

Search This thread

aemier

Dec 14, 2013
blitar
WARNING: THIS MOD IS INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USER
this mod is difficult to applied. for an easier method, you can use my guide here about increasing internal memory without dualboot kernel. if you want a NEW-BETTER-FASTER-BUGLESS method to save your internal memory, you can use my akuro mod in this thread

anyway, this is only one of dualboot implementation based on irfanbagus's work. I actually doing this for fun. this mod is actually intended for rom development for any rom dev who want to develop a custom rom without a risk got a bootloop in his device. please feel free to discuss all stuff about dualboot mod or how to enhance it but don't ask about how to install it on your device. if you don't know how to install it, it means this mod doesn't suitable for you. don't worry. there's a lot of alternative method to save your internal memory space as I've stated above.

let's get straight on how we do this. first of all, in this mod the second ROM will installed on sdcard with modified partition size. we'll make bigger partition on data and system partition. please look into the picture below.

attachment.php

requirement:
1. know how to customize a rom.
2. know how to install a custom kernel
3. know how to partition sdcard, and of course
3. a sdcard minimal 8gb class 6.

what you'll nedd:
1. a custom rom to be modified.
2. a dualboot custom kernel. you can get it here. http://www.mediafire.com/?6zrkh6a872036x7
3. a modified rom installer script. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nxgiz0993brp9re
4. a partition tools.
5. all things needed to modify a rom.

the steps:
1. >>>SDCARD PARTITION<<<
make 4 partition on your sdcard. all partition is primary. my recommended setting for all partition is. 6gb fat32 on first partition, 300mb ext3 on 2nd partition, 300mb ext3 for 3rd partition, and the rest ext3 for 4th partition. you can modify the the 1st and 4th size but don't change the 2nd and 3rd partition size.

2. >>>install irfan's dualboot kernel<<<
feel free to use any method to install the kernel. you can use mai77's, faqbly's method or odin to install the kernel.

3. >>>ROM preparation<<<
extract your custom rom. replace meta-inf folder with the one I've give to you. this script will install your rom to your sdcard partition. re-zip the rom, then copy it to your formatted sdcard (in the 1st partition of course). if these script didn't work check irfan's original post for detailed guide on modifying installer script here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598803

4. >>>dual boot setting and ROM installation<<<
create a blank file in sdcard named 'bootsdcard' then go to recovery mode. install your custom rom. wait till it finished then reboot. the first installation will take a longer than the usual. be patient.

finish. enjoy your 2nd rom with larger /data and /system partition

========

there are several possibilities on installing the new rom. in most cases, it have succesfully installed the rom (I've got no report on installation failure till this moment). but if the rom doesn't work, you'll need to modify the rom and the installer script.

DISCLAIMER:
1. DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK.
2. the succession rate is depend on your custom rom and your sdcard quality. do your best to modify it.
3. don't use a2sd or link2sd
4. don't install the app on sdcard when you use the 2nd rom.
5. it will get laggy if your sdcard is not fast enough. you'll need a faster one.
6. this mood will make your battery drains faster. please be cautious.

credits:
1. myss ROM developer. my installation script is based on it.
2. irfanbagus, for the dualboot kernel and his helpfull guide.
3. all XDA member who have share their knowledge for us.

I'm a chemist student. another mid-user here. no need to give thanks. give them to the dev instead.

UPDATE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hw9jgrui1ga4akg
this is another updater script which automatically delete your sdcard's /data partition.

savie have made another kernel with dualboot support. if you feel this kernel doesn't fit with your necessity, you can use savie's one you can get his kernel in dev section [url="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1761166]here[/url]

please help me.. how install dual boot stock rom & costum rom jellyblash for Samsung galaxy young. i use costum kernel irfan bagus n instal script kurotsugi.. but don't sukses dualboot.
please help me.

Nov 6, 2013
How To create a blank file in SD card...

Hello,

I got the method as mentioned by you..It was very easy....But I could not understand the 4th point.

>>>dual boot setting and ROM installation<<<
create a blank file in sdcard named 'bootsdcard' then go to recovery mode. install your custom rom. wait till it finished then reboot. the first installation will take a longer than the usual. be patient.

What does that exactly mean...How to create a blank file in sd card named bootsdcard...Is it a text file or some folder or anything...Couldnt understand...Could you please tell me how to create a blank file in sdcard...

Please tell me...I am fed up of 190 MB in my phone....

One more thing...Which ROM is good which you would suggest to apply on this IRFANS kernel...!!!!Please reply.....The Creeds Kernel is good but is a bit boring....

It would be helpful if you create a video guide for this...

Thanks
Will be waiting for your reply....

Last edited:

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
this isn't irfan's kernel. it's just a stock kernel with dualboot capability. it's only intended for rom testing. if you want to increase your memory capacity, akuro is what you're looking for.

Nov 6, 2013
Hello Guys....

I have updated dual boot KERNEL on my SGY but after updating the KERNEL my phone was not able to make calls or connect to network.The wifi was working fine....

Is there any other method to install this KERNEL....
Can anyone tell how this KERNEL is installed on the SGY or if any other ROM supports increasing the internel memory please suggest me that KERNEL.....

I have flashed stock ROM again....

Please suggest me KERNEL or tell me how to install KERNEL correctly so that I do not face any issue with any functionalities of the phone....

Thanks...

Last edited:

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
this kernel was based on dxla kernel and didn't work on newer stock rom. you need to modify your build.prop to make it work.

Nov 6, 2013
Currently i have installed CREED4.0.Can i now install the KERNEL so that it works efficiently...???

Can you suggest any custom ROM on which we can install this KERNEL...Please suggect the ROM on which we can install this KERNEL....???

Thanks

kurotsugi

Feb 12, 2012
yogyakarta
there's no rom suitable for this kernel on a daily basis. this is a kernel intended for rom development in other words don't use this kernel if you're not a rom developer if you want to get larger memory space akuro is the thing you're looking for.

I won't respond to any kind "how to use this kernel" anymore.

Reactions: saurabhkolhe17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: THIS MOD IS INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USER
    this mod is difficult to applied. for an easier method, you can use my guide here about increasing internal memory without dualboot kernel. if you want a NEW-BETTER-FASTER-BUGLESS method to save your internal memory, you can use my akuro mod in this thread

anyway, this is only one of dualboot implementation based on irfanbagus's work. I actually doing this for fun. this mod is actually intended for rom development for any rom dev who want to develop a custom rom without a risk got a bootloop in his device. please feel free to discuss all stuff about dualboot mod or how to enhance it but don't ask about how to install it on your device. if you don't know how to install it, it means this mod doesn't suitable for you. don't worry. there's a lot of alternative method to save your internal memory space as I've stated above.

let's get straight on how we do this. first of all, in this mod the second ROM will installed on sdcard with modified partition size. we'll make bigger partition on data and system partition. please look into the picture below.

attachment.php

requirement:
    1. know how to customize a rom.
    2. know how to install a custom kernel
    3. know how to partition sdcard, and of course
    3. a sdcard minimal 8gb class 6.

what you'll nedd:
    1. a custom rom to be modified.
    2. a dualboot custom kernel. you can get it here. http://www.mediafire.com/?6zrkh6a872036x7
    3. a modified rom installer script. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nxgiz0993brp9re
    4. a partition tools.
    5. all things needed to modify a rom.

the steps:
    1. >>>SDCARD PARTITION<<<
    make 4 partition on your sdcard. all partition is primary. my recommended setting for all partition is. 6gb fat32 on first partition, 300mb ext3 on 2nd partition, 300mb ext3 for 3rd partition, and the rest ext3 for 4th partition. you can modify the the 1st and 4th size but don't change the 2nd and 3rd partition size.

2. >>>install irfan's dualboot kernel<<<
    feel free to use any method to install the kernel. you can use mai77's, faqbly's method or odin to install the kernel.

3. >>>ROM preparation<<<
    extract your custom rom. replace meta-inf folder with the one I've give to you. this script will install your rom to your sdcard partition. re-zip the rom, then copy it to your formatted sdcard (in the 1st partition of course). if these script didn't work check irfan's original post for detailed guide on modifying installer script here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1598803

4. >>>dual boot setting and ROM installation<<<

finish. enjoy your 2nd rom with larger /data and /system partition

========

there are several possibilities on installing the new rom. in most cases, it have succesfully installed the rom (I've got no report on installation failure till this moment). but if the rom doesn't work, you'll need to modify the rom and the installer script.

DISCLAIMER:
    1. DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK.
    2. the succession rate is depend on your custom rom and your sdcard quality. do your best to modify it.
    3. don't use a2sd or link2sd
    4. don't install the app on sdcard when you use the 2nd rom.
    5. it will get laggy if your sdcard is not fast enough. you'll need a faster one.
    6. this mood will make your battery drains faster. please be cautious.

credits:
    1. myss ROM developer. my installation script is based on it.
    2. irfanbagus, for the dualboot kernel and his helpfull guide.
    3. all XDA member who have share their knowledge for us.

I'm a chemist student. another mid-user here. no need to give thanks. give them to the dev instead.

UPDATE:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hw9jgrui1ga4akg
    this is another updater script which automatically delete your sdcard's /data partition.

savie have made another kernel with dualboot support. if you feel this kernel doesn't fit with your necessity, you can use savie's one you can get his kernel in dev section [url="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1761166]here[/url]
    seems like i need to buy a new sd card ;)
    it mostly will work but for your own good sake you'd better don't use this mod. this one is intended for advanced user. the safest method might be akuro http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1766856 or if you prefer similar method described in this thread you can use this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622052
    you can use usb storage mode just like as you use your first rom.
    there's no rom suitable for this kernel on a daily basis. this is a kernel intended for rom development in other words don't use this kernel if you're not a rom developer if you want to get larger memory space akuro is the thing you're looking for.

I won't respond to any kind "how to use this kernel" anymore.