[=v=] DOMINATE YOUR LG-OPTIMUS-L9-P769 - \m/ (>_<) \m/

Search This thread

ciris

Sep 13, 2009
I say use CWM and Titanium to back your phone up and try again with unlocking the bootloader. Flash Euro V20B rom, get superuser and cwm mod on there to flash the required radio/baseband version, setup and connect to wifi, and also make sure you have data signal on your phone and wait at least 30min. I followed this video for a little help. There is an important step missing in regards to using adb to push superuser to the phone. That can be found in another tutorial. Hopefully you can get it unlocked. The second time worked like a charm for me, though the main difference this time was that I setup/connected my wifi and flashed the correct baseband with v20b.

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
I say use CWM and Titanium to back your phone up and try again with unlocking the bootloader. Flash Euro V20B rom, get superuser and cwm mod on there to flash the required radio/baseband version, setup and connect to wifi, and also make sure you have data signal on your phone and wait at least 30min. I followed this video for a little help. There is an important step missing in regards to using adb to push superuser to the phone. That can be found in another tutorial. Hopefully you can get it unlocked. The second time worked like a charm for me, though the main difference this time was that I setup/connected my wifi and flashed the correct baseband with v20b.

Do you have a T-Mobile P769? I tried this about three times last Friday and nothing. Which kdz did you have before flashing 20b?

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ciris

Sep 13, 2009
Do you have a T-Mobile P769? I tried this about three times last Friday and nothing. Which kdz did you have before flashing 20b?

Yes I have a Tmobile LG-P769 with the LG logo on the upper left corner of the phone. I dont remember which KDZ I had before flashing but I remeber I was on ICS which I think was V10G and that was what I flashed back to when I failed the first time. But again the first time I failed on it, I didnt flash the corresponding radio when I kdz'd to V20B. The radio version SIC 1227 is the one needed for V20B. After getting that connect to your wifi, make sure data is on and hopefully youll get lucky with the unlock command.

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Yes I have a Tmobile LG-P769 with the LG logo on the upper left corner of the phone. I dont remember which KDZ I had before flashing but I remeber I was on ICS which I think was V10G and that was what I flashed back to when I failed the first time. But again the first time I failed on it, I didnt flash the corresponding radio when I kdz'd to V20B. The radio version SIC 1227 is the one needed for V20B. After getting that connect to your wifi, make sure data is on and hopefully youll get lucky with the unlock command.

Hmmm. I may just try this. I have a feeling that since yours shipped with ics, it may have fastboot to get to the bootloader.

My P769 shipped with jb. I'm not a dev or anything. I just read what LG does with other midrange phones and they always remove access to the bootloader after a firmware update.

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
sorry to bump such an old thread guys (and it seems you guys have the unlock down pretty well these days?)..... I was just going through my profile and looking to change some things since I'm going to start releasing builds of cyanogenmod for some devices (once with a community still hoping for support that have had some support for the devices at least) and some klte varients of my s5. When going through my profile I came across all these p769 threads as most thanked , mentioned etc and had to reread a few! Having learned a lot since this time period I thought it would be nice to look back at what I was discussing with others. This issue this guy had here was gsc issues would of likely been resolved (and time consuming) by trying different builds of Ubuntu or other Linux systems. Seems these days the gsc guys favor specific Linux environments! Looking about about what he was posting about a unlock with usb ..... He had some good ideas but those would of likely need to be of done over a jtag connection where you have an advantage at security implements. Anyways, seems you guys even have a cm13 build now (I came here to see if you did and if not to see if it was a device I was interested in showing some love to depending on how recent, previous builds have been). Congrats to everyone, I'm sure this phone can run cm13 amazing!

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
sorry to bump such an old thread guys (and it seems you guys have the unlock down pretty well these days?)..... I was just going through my profile and looking to change some things since I'm going to start releasing builds of cyanogenmod for some devices (once with a community still hoping for support that have had some support for the devices at least) and some klte varients of my s5. When going through my profile I came across all these p769 threads as most thanked , mentioned etc and had to reread a few! Having learned a lot since this time period I thought it would be nice to look back at what I was discussing with others. This issue this guy had here was gsc issues would of likely been resolved (and time consuming) by trying different builds of Ubuntu or other Linux systems. Seems these days the gsc guys favor specific Linux environments! Looking about about what he was posting about a unlock with usb ..... He had some good ideas but those would of likely need to be of done over a jtag connection where you have an advantage at security implements. Anyways, seems you guys even have a cm13 build now (I came here to see if you did and if not to see if it was a device I was interested in showing some love to depending on how recent, previous builds have been). Congrats to everyone, I'm sure this phone can run cm13 amazing!

I'm not sure what you're asking for, people don't have to unlock anymore. We have the LG key to sign images

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i can not help those who see no need for help. good luck with life. thread closed.
    as much as @omgbossis21 doesn't like getting excited: this device can be unlocked over usb.

because i can't get gcc to compile, due to a configuration problem there is a lack of documentation for, i decided to do a quick bit of research into i2c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I²C
    http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/usb_i2c_tech.htm
    http://svn.peeklinux.com/trunk/peek-build/m23/csw-system/drv_app/i2c/i2c_hw_functions.h

those tools that @LaDY Vengeance linked to may be using the same method (see, i told you they might help some one in the future ;)).

i opened a hex editor and created a binary file to send instructions over usb, and haven't gotten it to work so far, but, i've never written to a usb socket/tty before, either...

i think the slave register's (OMAP_I2C_SA_REG) address offset is 0x0b or 0xac, depending on which struct is being used (neither of which make since, if they are 16-pin registers, the address of the 2nd register should be 0x10, which i HAVE seen in code, but, i2c.h suggests differently). the internal address SHOULD be 0x00 0x00, since it's an instruction, and not a reference to a data payload in memory, and the byte length SHOULD be 0x02, and the data payload, or, "command", itself, is 0xaa 0xdc. i don't know what the BASE memory offset would be, if any, and, i don't know if there is a protocol setup required, or, if it is accepted raw data as instructions/payload. perhaps a more experienced systems programmer might know how to put all that together to create a hack.

the unlock hack may end up being some thing like:
    Code:
    cat /storage/software/android/villan.hack > /dev/ttyACM0

and the contents of hack should be in instruction format, which should look some thing like this:
    Code:
    0x56 0x10 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xAA 0xDC

but i2c.h defined the I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_WRITE_WORD_DATA command to be 0x00400000, so, it COULD be like this:
    Code:
    0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xAA 0xDC

okay, i'm in over my head with this stuff... i'm going to get back to the "easy" way, of trying to compile a damned u-boot... if i can get gcc to resolve my damned path...
    So this rom your compiling from source (without x and u partition source) is gonna unlock the bootloader on second install? By installing a ported Loki image? By a modified x and/or u partition with the LG signature that you cracked (nope). Because you found a Backdoor in to omaps secure storage(doubt it)? BC you found a way to set the unlock flag or efuse and will only share it via your rom? Lets not hype people up, if you actually do it just release it. If you come across important info and wanna share please do.

1: no trolling
    2: read the thread
    3: if you know some thing i don't know, please share, as every one else is doing

now, in case you missed it, or, didn't catch what my intentions were, i found the place in the code where the bootloader gets unlocked. i don't know how to write it into a c-binary that can access the kernel on a rooted phone, nor a java apk, AND, we NEED a newer STOCK rom any way, so, i'm just going to compile a new stock rom, with the bootloader hack in it. as far as "signing" it, i assume since it's LGs source code, it will have the tools in it to sign each image, or, it will be bootable because the build process has tools for signing it. it should end up like the v20b that @cyanogen prepared for LG. this should be the pretty much same as the previous "b" rom, just, updated for the 769s, and with the bootloader hack in it. if you don't think this can be done, then tell me why. don't just "troll", try "helping" instead.