No video option in Camera app?

Search This thread

jasonk910

Dec 25, 2010
I just noticed that the camera app on my rooted M8 doesn't have video mode, only camera and selfie. I can't tell you if was there before it was rooted, because gaining root was the first thing I did with this phone. Has anyone else seen this, or have any advice for me? Thanks!

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
Screenshot?

Should look like this:
y2edareq.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Last edited:

jasonk910

Dec 25, 2010
This happened to me after using Themer and a one click theme. And this oddity came about by clicking the camera icon on the home page, not the actual Camara app.

Message delivered via three eyed raven

That was it. Running from a shortcut in the Google Now launcher. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
That was it. Running from a shortcut in the Google Now launcher. Thanks!

I don't know about the Google now launcher but in themer i had the option to change which icons launched what apps. I noticed my icon was set to open camera but i just selected to change it and set it to cam manually and for some reason, that worked for me. I also had to do the same with gallery

jasonk910

Dec 25, 2010
I don't know about the Google now launcher but in themer i had the option to change which icons launched what apps. I noticed my icon was set to open camera but i just selected to change it and set it to cam manually and for some reason, that worked for me. I also had to do the same with gallery

Actually, I just deleted and recreated the shortcut and it works properly now.

smatizio

Jan 30, 2015
YES! This was driving me CRAZY and I wasn't having any luck fixing it. So glad I came across this because my next step was a factory reset :)