Guide for newbies - LG OPTIMUS P500

Search This thread

lwk523

May 24, 2011
May I know is it the same method for me to update my custom recovery ? And how to check my current version of custom recovery ? Newbie here. Anyway, Big thank first :)

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...

lwk523

May 24, 2011
Thank shhbz..
Doesn't matter as I switch from AmonRa to ClockworkMod and Vice versa. Btw, I flash with ZIP file right ?

signumized

May 10, 2011
As long as we're talking about recoveries, does anyone know where the recovery software itself is stored on the phone? On a separate partition? I'm asking because I don't want to erase it by mistake or anything like this (when i would wipe the system, cache etc)
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Jaani

Apr 25, 2011
Thanxxxxxxx a lot friend...its all bcoz of u...Everything went fine..got CM7..thanks given... :)

mihir287

Apr 4, 2011
You don't need to flash a custom rom to flash a kernel. Yes you can flash that kernel, just make sure it is the CFS version and make sure to take a nand before flashing it.

mihir287

Apr 4, 2011
You can try them all, it is easy to switch between roms. I, for one keep switching between devoid, openOptimus and mik's CM7.

Last edited:

mentalityx

Jun 27, 2010
Jville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Help with Clockworkmod

1z33vr4.jpg

Boot into clockwork recovery.
go to backup and restore -create a backup of your current rom (Note:If already backup has been done then avoid this step, backup created using amonra or thunderg wont support restoring using clockwork)
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe dalvik cache
mount and storage-format system
go to mount and storage-format sd card
advanced-partition sd card-choose 512 mb (preferable)or 1024 mb (it automatically creates ext 4 partition, class 6/4 is preferred)
mount and storage-mount usb storage (make sure usb debugging is enabled)
copy the rom zip file to the root of your sd card
unmount
install zip from sd card-choose the rom zip and install
flashing takes 3-5 min
reboot

This is where I am having problems. I was trying to flash openOptimus build 1.172.1 yesterday. I followed these instructions and looked over ciaox instructions and they were nearly identical.
Prior to yesterday I have RevOidOptT build with francos kernal 2.6.32.41.
I followed the instructions and booted into ClockworkMod Recovery. When I went to "select zip from SD card" nothing was there because I had wiped everything per the instruction. That makes sense to me since I had to "wipe data/factory reset". What am I doing wrong so I can flash over openOptimus??

seshsud

May 15, 2011
easier procedure to flash?

newbie to flashing with custom rom on Optimus T (have done this on Nook color)...can someone please point to more step by step instructions? Phone is already rooted with gingerbreak..want to apply CM7 (Mlk OS)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SORRY GUYS I AM NOT UPDATING THIS THREAD ANYMORE IF U HAVE ANY QUERY LEAVE ME A PM! THANKS

16av41w.png
    Hi All! After huge search in the forum i found the guides scattered ,so i decided to put it in 1 thread helping all the newbies to install custom rom.

PROCEDURE INVOLVED

1.DOWNGRADING YOUR PHONE TO 2.2
    2.ROOTING THE PHONE
    3.CUSTOM RECOVERY
    4.A2SD SUPPORT (NOT MANDATORY)
    5.FINALLY INSTALLING CUSTOM ROM​

I WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH ALL THE PROCESS IN DETAIL

1jejp.jpg

GREAT NEWS : NO NEED DOWNGRADING JUST USE THE APK IN THE LINK AND ROOTING IS DONE IN ANDROID 2.2.1 AND LATER STILL I AM KEEPING THE DOWNGRADING DETAILS IF IT DOESNT WORK FOR SOME

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044765
    INSATALLATION PROCEDURE :
    here are the procedure to install gingerbread root.
    -copy all files from sd card to pc(backup)
    -now format sd card fat32
    -place the gingerbread apk 1.20 in sd card.
    -now enable usb debugging settings-application-development -usb debugging (check the box)
    -install gingerbread apk using file manger .
    -press root and wait .the phone will reboot if it doesnt wait fr some time and see -if it works if not remove ur battery and reinsert ,switch on check if u have superuser icon in application.

INSTRUCTION ARE PROVIDED IN THE ABOVE LINK TOO AND IF THIS APK ROOT YOUR PHONE THEN NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE AND ROOT USING Z4ROOT AVOID BOTH THE STEPS OF DOWNGRADING AND ROOTING USING Z4ROOT PROCEED WITH INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY

2j152e9.jpg

First remove nokia drivers or other phone drivers,nokia pc suite,microsoft visual ++ runtime environments installed in pc
    Install lg pc suite http://www.multiupload.com/3YHPSRS4Z0 (NEW PHONE BUYERS WILL BE HAVING PC SUITE IN SD CARD PROVIDED BY LG)
    Disable LGE VIRTUAL MODEM in device manager (RIGHT CLICK ON COMPUTER- SELECT MANAGE-DEVICE MANGER-SELECT LGE VIRTUAL MODEM-RIGHT CLICK AND DISABLE)
    Download the rom file and keep it in a folder
    Download kdz updater http://www.multiupload.com/OZTKT703D5
    Extract the KDZ file in a folder
    Install msxml
    Remove sd card
    Change your phone display timeout to maximum (settings-display-screen timeout 30 min) and your pc screen saver to 30 min
    Connect ur phone to pc make sure u have usb debugging enabled (settings-application-development-check usb debugging)
    Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (run as adminstrator)
    Select Type:3GQCT | Phone mode: DIAG
    Choose kdz file v10B from the option menu (THE FOLDER WHERE U DOWNLOADED THE FILE)
    Click launch software update.
    Wait for flashing to finish.
    After the flashing is over the phone will reboot and if the phone doesnt get switch on just manually switch on the phone pressing the power button.
    When the phone boots up just check the version is 2.2 then detach the cable from pc

INCASE IF FLASHING FAILS JUST TRY EMERGENCY/CS EMERGENCY(last option) AND TRY REFLASHING AGAIN

ALERT: Charge ur phone to 100 % and dont forget to disable LGE virtual modem,dont disconnect ur phone from pc until your phone boots up completely . If u want to backup contacts just enter into contacts and press menu-import export-export to sd card(u can restore ur contacts later just the same way choosing import contacts from sd card

FLASHING TIME :5 TO 10 MIN

I WONT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICK WHILE THE FLASHING PROCESS AS FLASHING PROCESS HAS A HIGH RISK OF BRICKING THE PHONE,BUT IF YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY THEN EVERYTHING WOULD GO FINE.

FOR BRICKED PHONE CHECK THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=883314 (BIG THANKS TO ERROR FOR THE GUIDE)

2n0ljsp.jpg

Download z4root from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953
    Turn on mass storage and copy the z4root apk to the root of your sd card
    Use file manager and choose the z4root apk and install.
    Open z4root from applcation menu and click permanent root.
    Now the phone will reboot and it will get rooted check for superuser icon in ur application menu.

IF U FIND THE SUPERUSER ICON IT MEANS YOUR PHONE HAS GOT SUCCESSFULLY ROOTED

2hebuxy.jpg

INSTALLING ANDROID SDK IN ORDER TO USE ADB

First install JDK and JRE from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html (choose your appropriate os)
    ANDROID SDK LINK:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html (LATEST VERSION r10)
    Install ANDROID SDK
    Click next
    Now it wont show next option to proceed just hit back once and click next again (you will be able to proceed with installation now)
    Run android sdk manager(note :Run as Administrator orelse it wont download the packages) it will show various packages available just click cancel.
    Click on available packages-android repository-uncheck SDK PLATFORM ANDROID ALL VERSION EXCEPT 2.2(U CAN LATER INSTALL THE VERSION U REQUIRE LATER WHEN U NEED IT)
    Click install selected
    Click select all and proceed with the installation.(this might take a long time depending on your connectivity)

NOTE:IF YOU DONT RUN AS ADMIN THEN THE INSTALLATION WILL FAIL

INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY

update 7/05/2011: latest thunderg recovery can be found here http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html

UPDATE:13/05/2011 CLOCKWORK V3.1.0.0 LATEST RECOVERY CAN BE OBTAINED VIA ROM MANAGER DIRECTLY.

DOWNLOAD THUNDERG CUSTOM RECOVERY AND FLASH IMAGE FROM HERE http://www.multiupload.com/2XXSX4X2PX (I have provided all recovery in 1 file to save your searching time and prefer custom recovery 1.2. CREDITS GOES TO THE DEVELOPER
    If u want to use clockwork recovery check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1024838 (instuction provided in the thread itself)
    PROCEDURE TO INSTALL RECOVERY
    MOUNT SD CARD
    EXTRACT OR UNZIP THE FLASH IMAGE DIRECTLY TO YOUR SD CARD (ROOT OF SD CARD)
    EXTRACT OR UNZIP THE RECOVERY IN YOUR PC ITSELF AND COPY IT TO YOUR SD CARD (ROOT OF SD CARD)
    UNMOUNT SD CARD AND MAKE SURE USB DEBUGGING IS ENABLED
    NOW OPEN COMMAND PROMPT AND RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (START- ALL PROGRAMS-ACCESORIES-COMMAND PROMPT-RIGHT CLICK AND RUN AS ADMIN)
    NOW TYPE IN THE COMMAND PROMT(PRESS ENTER AFTER EACH COMMAND)(JUST COPY AND PASTE,KEYBOARD SHORTCUT WONT WORK)

cd c:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools (by default it should be this only where the sdk is installed)

adb shell

su (it will ask for root permission in your phone screen just allow)

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (you will get an error just proceed)

mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

flash_image recovery /sdcard/LGp500-recovery-v12.img (note just name the blue marked as the same as your custom recovery name and should end with .img)

reboot recovery

WAIT FOR SOMETIME AND IT WILL BE DONE AND AUTOMATICALLY BOOT INTO RECOVERY.

IF U WANT TO USE CLOCKWORK RECOVERY JUST FLASH THE SIGNED RECOVERY ZIP PROVIDED BY MIK FROM RECOVERY OPTION|NOTE : CLOCKWORK DOES NOT SUPPORT FLASHING EVERY ROM FOR THE TIME BEING

HAPPY FLASHING CUSTOM ROM JUST BOOT INTO CUSTOM RECOVERY
    SWITCH OFF THE PHONE
    PRESS 3 BUTTON COMBO ( HOME + VOL DOWN +POWER BUTTON )

ADD ON: FOR CHANGING RECOVERY USE THE FLASH RECOVERY IMAGE FROM HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1065197

2mxomj8.jpg

get a2sd file here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715940 from this thread
    boot into recovery
    select partition sd card
    choose swap size 0 mb,ext partition 512mb (IF U HAVE A LARGER SPACE SD CARD MAKE EXT 1024 MB)
    select sd ext2 to ext3 (STABLE TO USE EXT3 PARTITION)
    select sd ext3 to ext4(be careful in choosing this option as the rom should support ext 4)
    finish with the setup
    mount sd card and transfer the a2sd file to sd card
    unmount sd card
    select install zip from sd card choose the a2sd file and flash
    reboot

NOTE: USE A2SD ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE A CLASS 6 SD CARD(RECOMMENDED),U CAN USE IT IN CLASS 4 SD TOO BUT SOMETIMES IT CREATES PERFORMANCE ISSUE IF U DONT HAVE A CLASSS 6 OR HIGHER SD CARD.
    HOW TO KNOW THE CLASS OF SD CARD- JUST CHECK ON THE CARD IT MUST BE PRINTED ON A CIRCLE DESIGN, IF U DONT HAVE ANYTHING WRITTEN IT MUST BE CLASS 2 | AVOID USING A2SD IF U HAVE A CLASS 2 SD CARD IT MIGHT RESULT IN BIG PERFORMANCE ISSUE

IF YOU FIND YOUR PHONE INTERNAL SPACE DECREASING IS JUST BECAUSE OF THE DALVIK CACHE.IF YOU WANT TO MOVE DALVIK CACHE TO SD CARD ,OPEN TERMINAL EMULATOR OR ADB AND TYPE

su
    a2sd cachesd (move dalvik to sd card)
    a2sd cachesdreset (move dalvik to sd card and clears contents of dalvik-cache)
    a2sd cachepart (move dalvik to cache partition)
    a2sd cachepartreset (move dalvik to cache partition and clears contents of dalvik-cache)

1z33vr4.jpg

Boot into clockwork recovery.
    go to backup and restore -create a backup of your current rom (Note:If already backup has been done then avoid this step, backup created using amonra or thunderg wont support restoring using clockwork)
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    wipe dalvik cache
    mount and storage-format system
    go to mount and storage-format sd card
    advanced-partition sd card-choose 512 mb (preferable)or 1024 mb (it automatically creates ext 4 partition, class 6/4 is preferred)
    mount and storage-mount usb storage (make sure usb debugging is enabled)
    copy the rom zip file to the root of your sd card
    unmount
    install zip from sd card-choose the rom zip and install
    flashing takes 3-5 min
    reboot

IF U WANT A2SD AND TWEAKS TO BOOST PERFORMANCE CHECK POST 2.TO BE PERFORMED JUST AFTER INSTALLING THE NEW ROM

VOTE TO FRONT PAGE IN ORDER TO HELP THE OTHER NEWBIES AND DONT FORGET TO CLICK THANKS IF MY EFFORT HAD HELPED YOU

SORRY GUYS I AM NOT UPDATING THIS THREAD ANYMORE IF U HAVE ANY QUERY LEAVE ME A PM! THANKS
    f3an44.png

UNGAZE DATA TO SD AND DALVIK CACHE TO RAM(ITS BUGGY FOR THE TIME BEING SO TRY AT YOUR RISK)
    CHK THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13049131#post13049131

Patched SQLITE3(libsqlite.so) for 2.2 and 2.3
    CHK THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1000899

FRANSICOFRANCO PERFORMANCE AND BATTERY TWEAKS
    CHK THIS THREAD http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=999064

FOR GETTING BEST RESULTS APPLY THE MODS IN SAME ORDER AS ABOVE AND U WILL GET GREAT RESULTS. BIG THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER FOR THIS MODS AND TWEAKS. READ CAREFULLY THOSE THREADS AND CHECK IF IT WORKS PROPERLY WITH YOUR CUSTOM ROM NOTE: DONT FLASH THIS TWEAKS AND MODS UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THAT IT WILL WORK WITH YOUR ROM AS THE GUIDELINES ARE THERE IN THOSE THREAD

sorry! I am unable to update this thread anymore
    don't you think we already have enough guides over here?
    we did had enough guides but at the end some info kept missing so i decided to make 1
    Kindly remove the installation of custom recovery via adb. Show it via terminal emulator. Its hassle free and from phone only.

Also attach the recovery 1.2 here. Also guide the user to unzip it.

Also attach darktremor script here.

Sent from Tapatalk
    thanks for your suggestion i will look into it as whatelse info can be provided and regarding terminal emulator it has been described by eichos quite nicely. So i will see if I want to update that orelse provide the link rather and regarding unzipping it already has been mention to extract the file to sd card
    Hey flashing d new rom, flashes new kernal also or it jst flashes a new rom ?

Sent from my LG-P500

just check the rom u r installing and it must be mention in changelog whether the devleoper has included the kernel or not but most of the time the kernel is included , if u are not satisfied with the kernel rather u can try diffrent kernels available over here in xda