[Q] KF2 powers down when I plug in

Search This thread

masber2000

Jun 18, 2010
Please help. Used the one-click to install, had issues with my computer finding the Kindle. I restarted the Kindle, however, now the Kindle immediately shuts down when I attach any USB cable (wall cord, factory USB, or USB). I am able to power up only when the USB cable is not attached to the Kindle. Has anyone seen this before? What can I do to fix this?

The Kindle works fine when not plugged in. I'm leaving it plugged in overnight to see if it allows a charge. I've tried the hard reset (no change), and using the factory cable (immediately shuts down). It's strange, because the Kindle is aware of a signal when I plug the cord in, so I hope that I'm right in thinking that it's not a hardware issue.

Any suggestions to fix this would be most appreciated.

Thank for your help.

masber2000

Jun 18, 2010
I saw a similar situation a while back. The user had a demo KF2.

If yours is a demo, that may be why.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a demo? I purchased the Kindle new through Amazon.

UPDATE: I left the Kindle plugged in overnight, and it fully charged the unit. This has to be a software issue, I'm thinking. Is there a way to perform a software reset on this unit without using the USB?

Last edited:

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a demo? I purchased the Kindle new through Amazon.

UPDATE: I left the Kindle plugged in overnight, and it fully charged the unit. This has to be a software issue, I'm thinking. Is there a way to perform a software reset on this unit without using the USB?

Six quick presses on the power button should start a factory reset on the default software. I never tried it myself while I was on the normal software.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD