Sony Flashtool

Search This thread

Phaze1585

May 22, 2012
Im looking fir an older version of Sony Flashtool, older than 0.9.13.0 to work on a Mac or a Windows. For some reason the current one wont work for me. Anyone know of any links to an older version?

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
Im looking fir an older version of Sony Flashtool, older than 0.9.13.0 to work on a Mac or a Windows. For some reason the current one wont work for me. Anyone know of any links to an older version?

I wouldn't go lower. There is a bug using previous versions of flashtool and the new .290 and .136 firmware.
You'll brick your device. Not just a recoverable brick... but a full on BRICK!

terimer

Sep 1, 2011
Helsinki
I have a Mac, but the latest version of Flashtool just wont work for me.

Yeah. Same here and recently figured out how to make it work under Linux. I'm not a mac guy, but probably the same method will work for you was well. Follow the instructions below :

- Install libusb (not libusbx!) from macports via :

$ port install libusb

- Then, find the "libusb-1.0.0.dylib" file that's installed by libusb.

- Copy this file under "/your/path/to/Flashtool/x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/" (Assuming you have 64bit OSX. If not, then just replace the "lib64" with "lib32" instead.)

- Go into that particular directory : "cd /your/path/to/Flashtool/x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/". Then, issue the following command as root :
# ln -s libusb-1.0.0.dylib libusbx-1.0.0.dylib

- Then, open the Flashtool wrapper script with your favorite console text editor as root and do the following :

- Find the following lines :

ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/libusbx-1.0.dylib
ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib32/libusbx-1.0.dylib

and comment them out via :

# ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib64/libusbx-1.0.dylib
# ln -sf libusbx-1.0.0.dylib ./x10flasher_lib/mac/lib32/libusbx-1.0.dylib

- Save and exit.

Now, your flashtool should be working. If not, try to run /your/path/to/Flashtool/Flashtool" as root/admin.

Hopefully, it will work for you.

Cheers,

Tarkan