Will a D855 g3 work io US AT&T LTE?

Search This thread

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
i just bought the D855 and i am on AT&T LTE i will post my results when the phone gets here. but i was told it supports AT&T LTE i sure hope so. i do not want no carrier bloat branded phone

Reactions: vineet381

catthat003

Jun 20, 2010
Does anyone know if it will at least support 3G in T-mobile? I can deal with no 4G. I sure as hell don't want a new phone only to have it only working on EDGE.

Lorimere

Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
Does anyone know if it will at least support 3G in T-mobile? I can deal with no 4G. I sure as hell don't want a new phone only to have it only working on EDGE.

Everyone is free to do what they want. But is there a reason you wouldn't wait 2 weeks and just get the 32 gig t-mobile phone? Does T mobile put that much bloat on it?

I thought about ordering an international. But if AT&T doesn't get the 32gig model I'll just buy T-mobiles.

Worth it to me to wait 2 weeks and buy a US model so I never have to deal with that mcafee crap.

catthat003

Jun 20, 2010
Everyone is free to do what they want. But is there a reason you wouldn't wait 2 weeks and just get the 32 gig t-mobile phone? Does T mobile put that much bloat on it?

I thought about ordering an international. But if AT&T doesn't get the 32gig model I'll just buy T-mobiles.

Worth it to me to wait 2 weeks and buy a US model so I never have to deal with that mcafee crap.
The reason I couldn't wait 2 weeks is because my phone just died. I was also looking for a phone that was unlocked, since I travel to Australia every year or so.

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos

i cannot i mean cannot deal with carrier bloat. its unbelievable what carriers do to phones. Especially Verizon putting logos everywhere. and sometimes even changing the design aspect of the phone. i don't know what carriers get out of this. it only slows updates. just leave the phones as is and let us choose what the hell we want. people are still going to sign up for contracts anyway. plus i dont know if the 32gb 3gb ram model will come to at&t etc. if i am going to pay that much for a phone i want atleast 32gb and 3gbs of ram even if it may not be needed

Enddo

Oct 31, 2013
Atlanta, Ga.
www.youtube.com
i cannot i mean cannot deal with carrier bloat. its unbelievable what carriers do to phones. Especially Verizon putting logos everywhere. and sometimes even changing the design aspect of the phone. i don't know what carriers get out of this. it only slows updates. just leave the phones as is and let us choose what the hell we want. people are still going to sign up for contracts anyway. plus i dont know if the 32gb 3gb ram model will come to at&t etc. if i am going to pay that much for a phone i want atleast 32gb and 3gbs of ram even if it may not be needed

im reading that the device is booting up with 1.2 GB used. so you're only getting like 600 MB free or something with the 2 GB model. to me, that means the 3GB variant is required

bradley1234

Jun 29, 2014
D855

Guys,

Take it easy. I found information that LG G3 - D855 supports LTE bands 3, 7, 20. if you think D855 will support bands like D850 (supports LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 7,17) which is the model meant for AT&T then well and good. Anyone having D855 working on AT&T 4g LTE please post pictures.

Thanks

antonpace

May 10, 2013
this is from the site I'm thinking of buying mine from...

General

2G Network

850/900/1900/2100 MHz

3G Network

850/900/1900/2100 MHz

4G Network

700/800/900/1800/2100/2300/2600 MHz

Clearly states 700 which is Band 17.

They have return policy which isn't bad. May be worth a shot.

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
well one of the guys i bought the phone from. Ebay. i know i know shame on me. said it will work on at&t LTE but i have to take someone elses word for it. i didnt want the Korean version because of bloat and just in case i had to send it back. atleast i have paypal to back me. so i will let everyone know when i get it

vineet381

Sep 29, 2011
New Jersey
well one of the guys i bought the phone from. Ebay. i know i know shame on me. said it will work on at&t LTE but i have to take someone elses word for it. i didnt want the Korean version because of bloat and just in case i had to send it back. atleast i have paypal to back me. so i will let everyone know when i get it

Did you buy from eglobalcentral? When do they ship the phone to you?

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos

vineet381

Sep 29, 2011
New Jersey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is yours working right out of box. Do you have d855 with HongKong firmware. Rogers LTE bands 4,7,17 all available in this phone.
    I played with my phone. I see band 17 in service menu but still its not working.
    When i choose LTE only , it fails saving the setting.

Do you have any suggestions.

Hi , It didnt work right out of the box , I got the D855 with UK version I believe . What I did was I went to settings and added a new APN for Rogers ltemobile.apn and then I went to playstore and I downloaded an app called LTE ON OFF with Red lightning Icon. Once I went in I saw the LTE/GSM feature and I enabled the LTE. IT is working like a charm and it saved the settings since I got it today morning . It is downloading over 45MB comparing to 4mb on 4G
    I paid $685 whixh I think is a good price. If it is fundamentally the same as the At&t version, then it's at least $100 less than AT&T typically charges for buying a device outright. And it's unlocked with 3Gb.

Well it all depends on if it works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
    i just bought the D855 and i am on AT&T LTE i will post my results when the phone gets here. but i was told it supports AT&T LTE i sure hope so. i do not want no carrier bloat branded phone
    Yeah the phone isn't as impressive as I thought I'd be. Not saying I don't like it though..

im kind of having second thoughts as well lol