Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yomonk1

Jul 6, 2010
Roanoke, VA
I'm really having a lot better reliability with the 3G on this build. Well done @ihtfp69
And on a side note, been running chad's 1208 almost 24 hours and very stable as well. Together, a very solid, reliable buid!

TeH PLAYA

Aug 31, 2010
Loaded this ROM last night, along with the EspressoMod for Sense and the OTA disabler. This is my first SkyRaider ROM (was on Virtuous before). Decided to give this one a try.

It's cool so far, however, the phone did randomly restart once, not sure what I did. Outside of that, I like it. Good work!

EnixLHQ

Jul 27, 2010
L.A.
enixlhq.wordpress.com
ihtfp69, I think it's safe to say that 3.5 has attracted a whole lot of new users. Word must be getting around. It's been a few days now since I updated and the phone has been performing exceptionally well, so the word of mouth is well-earned.

1967ls2

Jun 17, 2010
I have had 3.5 on my phone for 2 or so days now and I haven't had any random reboots "fingers crossed". I am also running KK#6 BFS so that could have been causing my reboots on 3.3 & 3.4

rallyemax

Sep 4, 2010
SMS Cutting Off

A strange bug appears to have crept up on my device. My outgoing text messages are being cut off, and I suspect that it may be an encoding issue. My suspicion is caused by the fact that the messages -- when not cut off -- are also being strangely split up, with a 10 character segment followed by a larger segment.

Standard SMS uses 7 bit ASCII, allowing for 160 characters. UTF-8 is an 8 bit encoding scheme, and if used in SMS, the characters drop down to 140. And then there is Unicode at 16 bits and 70 chars, but I don't think I'm getting cut off at 70 at this point.

I've used prior versions of SkyRaider Sense (2.X, 3.0-3.2), SkyRaider Vanilla, CM 6.1, and a handful of others, and I've never come across this problem before. It seems that upon a clean (data/cache/everything wipe) install of 3.5, my encoding changed. Perhaps it has something to do with the new Gingerbread keyboard? (Which I absolutely love...)

One way to check that last hypothesis is to switch to the Touch keys for a bit, which I'll do (and report if the change results in altered behavior), but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Is there any way to access SMS settings? I seem to remember being able to choose encoding schemes in prior phones, maybe BB or WM...

Thanks for the great work, man. This version is smooth sailing otherwise.

My info:
-clean install after full wipe (data, cache, Dalvik, system, etc.) of 3.5 using included kernel (though if there is no kernel included, maybe that's the problem...because I came over from CM and thus could be sitting on a kernel meant for AOSP? I have 2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16, htc-kernel@u18000-Build-149-#1).

-radio 2.15.00.07.28

-PRL 52011 (in case it includes things other than antennae)

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

leech2082

May 7, 2010
This makes no sense... I flashed skyraider sense today for first time. Coming from redemtive rom. When i look at software info it still list redemtive rom? Whats up with that?

nvdokh

May 4, 2010
Dear Ihtfp69,

THANKS!!!

You are the best so as your ROM...

I just have one question: will there be any possibility if you can work on Right-To-Left language support on your rom (like Persian/Farsi/Arabic)?

Currently with your ROM persian fonts are shown but there are not in order...

I appreciate if you can take a shot, or at least let me know if you cannot...

Thanks... :)

oldman_58

Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Florida
ihtfp69, I think it's safe to say that 3.5 has attracted a whole lot of new users. Word must be getting around. It's been a few days now since I updated and the phone has been performing exceptionally well, so the word of mouth is well-earned.

+1

Excellent work, hope everyone is chipping in to the beer fund to keep this good stuff coming...

maxwellsmart

Dec 20, 2007
UI resetting issue?

About a dozen times a day I unlock my phone or simply try to make a phone call and I get the SkyRaider Loading screen. I guess the UI is re-booting/resetting.

Any have a possible reason why, how to diagnose or having the same issue?

What information other than SkyRaider 3.5 do you need to know to help?

oldman_58

Jul 13, 2010
Sunny Florida
About a dozen times a day I unlock my phone or simply try to make a phone call and I get the SkyRaider Loading screen. I guess the UI is re-booting/resetting.

Are you using an Automated Task Killer or Task Killer of any kind, it is not neeed with Froyo...

nvdokh

May 4, 2010

did you perform a full wipe before installing? (data/cache/dalvik)?

ThugEsquire

Jun 4, 2010
This thread is monstrous. How do I get back the recent apps drawer?

First of all, this ROM is awesome.

Second, I know this is probably just a whisper in the wind of thousands of comments praising this rad ROM. I just have one question that seems to have been asked but not yet answered (and yes, I've searched):

How do I replace the notification dropdown's power toggles with the recent apps list from previous versions of this ROM?

Thanks ahead of time! You are all awesome!

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
First of all, this ROM is awesome.

Second, I know this is probably just a whisper in the wind of thousands of comments praising this rad ROM. I just have one question that seems to have been asked but not yet answered (and yes, I've searched):

How do I replace the notification dropdown's power toggles with the recent apps list from previous versions of this ROM?

Thanks ahead of time! You are all awesome!

Right now you can't without going back to 3.3.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, XDA, it was fun while it lasted! Thanks for the fish! All future development will take place on both Team BAMF Forums and RootzWiki.
    We thank all our fans for their continued support.

vbulletin4_logo.png

bamf.png
    Well, XDA, it was fun while it lasted! Thanks for the fish! All future development will take place on both Team BAMF Forums and RootzWiki.
    We thank all our fans for their continued support.

vbulletin4_logo.png

bamf.png
    Working on 4.1 today. No ETA.
    v4.2

Sorry everyone. XDA was acting funny last night so I couldn't update the OP all of the way. The links are there now.

I hope everyone enjoys this final edition of SkyRaider Sense for the Droid Incredible. I had a lot of fun making it. Unless there is some glaring bug that needs fixed, this is all she wrote. Check out my sig if you're wondering what I will be up to next.

FYI, that egg is still out there. Oh, and comment please.