[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Search This thread

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com
This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
  • Hardware Acceleration
  • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
  • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
  • Panorama
  • Barcode scanning
What Doesn't
  • Camcorder

Instructions
  1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
  4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
  5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
  6. Install the rom
  7. Install Gapps
  8. Reboot
  9. Enjoy

Downloads
Dev-Host - Build a9
Mediafire mirror - Build a9
Gapps
MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
  • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
  • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
  • The CM team for CyanogenMod
  • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
  • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.

Last edited:

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
Flashed and playing with it. After 15 mins, so far so good. Thanks for the up. Like most others here, I've been anxiously waiting for Cm9 on the Inc.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA App

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Wouldn't happen to have a link to the github device tree, would you? I've been meaning to work on CM9 for the inc, but haven't had much time (or a spare inc, really; I kind of need the one I got for work and can't take it out of commission).

Reactions: DRW315

baciv

Sep 22, 2010
Center City
Thank you so much. I'm suddenly hopeful again, and I'm not overstating it, that we will see CM9 on the Incredible. I was giving up on it, and bummed as hell.

Inc'd with the XDA app

drk.hd

Feb 27, 2011
Huntsville
www.github.com
Wouldn't happen to have a link to the github device tree, would you? I've been meaning to work on CM9 for the inc, but haven't had much time (or a spare inc, really; I kind of need the one I got for work and can't take it out of commission).

The tree I'm using is from Evervolv, here. Specifically this, with a few changes. I'll have my changes up on Github hopefully later today.

dbrits

Aug 28, 2010
California
Please forgive my ignorance as I've only recently started researching ICS ROMs for my Incredible, but the other ICS ROMs - abduction, kang, etc. - don't have true HWA, correct? What HWA they have is the result of creative work-arounds by resourceful devs, right? Does this ROM have true HWA? And although they were only recently released, has anyone had any success with the official Qualcomm drivers for the Adreno 200?

Thanks. :)

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

Cellulah

Dec 17, 2009
Please forgive my ignorance as I've only recently started researching ICS ROMs for my Incredible, but the other ICS ROMs - abduction, kang, etc. - don't have true HWA, correct? What HWA they have is the result of creative work-arounds by resourceful devs, right? Does this ROM have true HWA? And although they were only recently released, has anyone had any success with the official Qualcomm drivers for the Adreno 200?

Thanks. :)

Sent from my Incredible using XDA

My understanding is that these ROMs do have "true HWA" but it's still being improved upon.

Reactions: dbrits

cowman4000

Jan 13, 2011
Lakewood
For those that have tried this ROM so far, how is the battery life? In earlier versions of Abduction with HWA the battery life was really bad, is it the same in this ROM? Also, does this have trackpad unlock? I had to revert to CM7 for this because my power button on my inc is starting to act up.

ChuckFarley

Jun 25, 2010
For those that have tried this ROM so far, how is the battery life? In earlier versions of Abduction with HWA the battery life was really bad, is it the same in this ROM? Also, does this have trackpad unlock? I had to revert to CM7 for this because my power button on my inc is starting to act up.

Battery life doesn't seem bad. I'd say around average. I've been playing with it non stop since I flashed it last night, so I haven't given it the full day test. But it seems really solid for a pre-alpha. Can't wait to see what the Inc devs can do with this bad boy.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is built from CM9 source with device and Hardware trees based on Evervolv's. There are NO other customizations to this rom, just pure AOSP and CM9.

NOTICE:
    ** This CyanogenMod build is highly experimental and unsupported. Many things may be broken. I offer no guarantees as to this working at all on your phone.

What Works
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi
    • LED notification, Rotation, etc.
    • Panorama
    • Barcode scanning
    What Doesn't
    • Camcorder

Instructions
    1. Download the rom and Gapps from below
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup! Don't blame me if you install this and can't go back.
    4. Wipe data/Factory Reset
    5. Under Mounts/Storage, wipe System
    6. Install the rom
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy

Downloads
    Dev-Host - Build a9
    Mediafire mirror - Build a9
    Gapps
    MD5 for Build a9: 9c0777a3c5462b7de1d16da2664b5e5b

Older releases
    All

NOTICE - HWA is included with the latest KGSL drivers, so the only kernels that work are the stock kernel and others built specifically for the drivers. This includes the latest Incredikernel HWA Beta and mamarley's Beta kernel
    Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 can be found here.
    mamarley's kernel can be found here

What's New
    • New KGSL drivers for smoother HWA
    • Many behind-the-scenes updates for a much smoother experience

Unofficial Changelog
    CM-Nightlies Kang

Credits
    • The CM team for CyanogenMod
    • Evervolv for the device tree, and getting ICS to where it is on the Incredible
    • The Tiamat team for the kernel source and HWA

My Github can be found here.
    I hope you aren't tired of flashing, because I have one more coming your way, and this one is big. The Evervolv team just pushed through some major fixes to the camera HALs just this morning that should enable barcode scanners and panorama mode. Additionally, rywri has just posted a new camera apk with some code that fixes the camera fc when using panorama. Check his thread out here.

What this means for YOU is that I'm (probably) going to put out yet another build today with working barcode scanner and panorama. :D

I've started to experiencing a weird issue with Superuser after upgrading to a7. When prompted, Superuser doesn't remember anything that I've allowed. I had to allow several prompts just to load Titanium Backup. This issues isn't limited to Titanium, but to any app that requires root access. Right now I have Superuser set to automatically allow anything, and I'm not fond of leaving it on that setting. I've tried clearing the cache. They only thing I haven't done is delete Superuser using Titanium (since it's a system app) and then reinstalling it through the market.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

That's odd, it's working for me. I do know that CM made some changes to su recently to try to fix some bugs...
    New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
    Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
    New Build

New build is out! Get it here.

Changes:
    • CM9 updates
    • Evervolv updates
    • General cleanup

I'm done with finals now, so my dev work should be speeding up. The main thing to work on right now is actually the kernel, so we don't have to rely on outside kernels. Then comes getting the needed changes to the qcom libs into CM. Busy busy!
    New build is up! Various updates from upstream. On my end, I simplified the repo download process, so I'll write a new tutorial on building soon.

Get the new build here.