TF 300 Partitions. Help please!

Search This thread

Omega Recon

Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis
Hey there!

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. My nephew who's a wanna-be geek was going to update my ROM (which didn't to be done really, but he wanted to show me what he was able to do). He went and downloaded the latest CM 11, rebooted and went into TWRP 2.7.0.1, did a factory reset, an advanced wipe, and did the Format Data. When he did that, it got stuck in a loop. Nothing happened. He tried to install the ROM he downloaded, and NOTHING! Long story short, by him doing the Format Data, he wiped out my partitions. TWRP, no matter what I try to do tells me it's unable to mount 'data' or 'media' etc. etc. Which is leading me to believe I have no partitions left. I've tried installing the latest update from Asus, and no dice. I've tried restoring backups that I have on my micro SD, and that's not working. Prior to all of this my tablet was unlocked and rooted.

Can someone please help me and tell me how to fix this? Can I get my partitions back? I'm really hoping that I don't have to send this tablet off to Asus in Dallas, TX to have it repaired.

I'm using a loaner tablet from a rental store, hoping I can get my TF 300 fixed.

Any help is deeply and sincerely appreciated.

Omega

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hey there!

I'm hoping that someone can help me out. My nephew who's a wanna-be geek was going to update my ROM (which didn't to be done really, but he wanted to show me what he was able to do). He went and downloaded the latest CM 11, rebooted and went into TWRP 2.7.0.1, did a factory reset, an advanced wipe, and did the Format Data. When he did that, it got stuck in a loop. Nothing happened. He tried to install the ROM he downloaded, and NOTHING! Long story short, by him doing the Format Data, he wiped out my partitions. TWRP, no matter what I try to do tells me it's unable to mount 'data' or 'media' etc. etc. Which is leading me to believe I have no partitions left. I've tried installing the latest update from Asus, and no dice. I've tried restoring backups that I have on my micro SD, and that's not working. Prior to all of this my tablet was unlocked and rooted.

Can someone please help me and tell me how to fix this? Can I get my partitions back? I'm really hoping that I don't have to send this tablet off to Asus in Dallas, TX to have it repaired.

I'm using a loaner tablet from a rental store, hoping I can get my TF 300 fixed.

Any help is deeply and sincerely appreciated.

Omega

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Hey, tread lightly my friend...

Shot me an email @ jl52741@gmail.com

Lets see if we can find a solution to your problem ...

Thx Josh