booting failed

Search This thread

tuuss

Jun 2, 2011
Help.
Booting failed. After downloading "[LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Reset)" and ran Unlock the bootloader, Flash CWM recovery (Standard or Touch), Root the phone, I didn't foud anything change (not like my cellphone, I can select recovery mode when long push the powerbutton off button), so I made a decision (I beleve that's a huge mistake), I did lock the bootloader and flash Google Factory Image. Finally I realised I couldn't boot OS, but I found at the begining of power on, I could choose "start" "restart bootloader" "recovery mode" "power off" , It said booting faild if I select start or recovery mode.
Is there any way to rescue my tablet?

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
I have not used that tool.. But i believe you were to have a rom on your data/ media partition on your tablet then boot into recovery and flash the rom.. Sounds like your tablet just has no rom on it.. Try to adb push a rom to data /media then go into cwm and flash it .. you can use the nexus tool kit to do this if you do not know how..
Good Luck...

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

oops misread . your saying you can not get to recovery.. Try holding both vol up and down together and then power button from a off state . Before i would say 20 seconds you should get a hard reset.. if not the recovery/ rom flash failed.. You will need to use a Nexus tool kit to put the recovery and rom back.. or use fastboot to push recovery.. boot into recovery and install flash rom....

Sorry

bmschech

Sep 19, 2011
can't see device with usb or adb

I have the same problem. Unforunately, I can't see my device with adb or in windows via the usb port. Without these I can't use the Nexus 7 toolkit. Any idea what I should try next?

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
How Unbrick nexus 7!!

1) Download the factory. image of nexus 7 before by this https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images.
2) nexus 7 root toolkit for the advanced. utilities it. (Lower left corner of the application), then click Launch.
3) mode is advanced tool you see Quick tools (on the left), select Fastboot-Bootloader me. The middle section (Boot / Flash image) to Flash (Permanent).
4) the file you downloaded from the first) is to run it using 7zip. Do not have a zip file. Recommend that if you are exhausted. The file extension. . Img me into the same folder (for ease of flash. And protection against flash files!) 7zip app and all programs in the community. Reload this App Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.joa.zipperplus7.
Computer loaded from this link. http://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
5) flash file system before the first Boot Click Boot and select the file from 4) the file named boot.img it.
6) flash the Bootloader on file bootloader-tilapia-4.18.img. (The grouper tilapia could be it. If you use the nexus 7 Wifi only).
7) flash the Radio / Baseband file name. radio-tilapia-1231_0.17.0_1205.img it.
8) flash File Recovery file name. recovery.img it.
9) flash file system on the order Userdata System and select the file system.img userdata select userdata.img.
10) completed it. Your machine will reboot. I do not drink coffee.
11) Enjoy! ^ _ ^.

You. Ban flash the wrong files here. I need the name of the file. The only way to tell!
I flash rom 0.2 the risk. I should be very careful.
0.3 If this is the case, you Softbrick it. (Hardbrick may not), then I try this method worked 100%.
There is a 0.4 credit, I thought I was the way I make them up. I want to share with. Please add credit to it. If one on me. Help bring this up with the group, thank you.
0.5 If there is another one your way. The mind of the South. (I have yet to try it as I work) and I like that we do not have information on the nexus (the brick that we do not backup data).
Ways.
First. Downloaded SDK from this link.
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.

Two. Then double-click. Extract the files placed on the desktop.

Three. Downloaded Factory Image (create a new folder and then extract the files to put in it).

. 4 Factory Image extracted successfully, look for a file named flash-all, right-click the file and select edit, then go to delete off-w, then Save and come out.

5. Adt-bundle up to see two folders. Click to select the sdk folder and then uncompress the Factory Image files Copy all (6 files) and put it in a folder. platform-tools.

6th. Then double click the flash-all then lay in wait for a while to update it back to Factory Image kosher by the data is lost. Mod it to disappear, they are only dancing, etc. (it's new to flash).

Note: Do not forget to delete off-w, otherwise everything totally disappeared.

Suggested: do not open a cmd without the headache type. Not faced with the annoying Waiting for device.
0.6 Read carefully and understand it before doing it. Because many steps too. And all the way I say. In the computer, you must install the drivers and I!
It's .7 stock rom nexus 7 Wifi version, select nakasi (grouper) it. The Model 3G or 3G + Wifi. Select nakasig (tilapia).
0.8 I thank everyone. And all the comments too. I suggest that the nexus 7 brick.
0.9 If a brick at me because I was pushed to the nexus 7 root tool v 5.0 to flash stock rom just to watch a lot of this toolkit. + audio bug bit orchestrated. I recommend the use of or nexus root toolkit v1.6.3 wugfresh it.

Please stop posting the same thing in every thread; it's not helpful.

puryjesa.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

tau34rus

Sep 8, 2010
boot failed

Help.
Booting failed. After downloading "[LINUX] Universal Nexus Linux Toolkit v1.0 (Unlock, Lock, Root, CWM, Factory Reset)" and ran Unlock the bootloader, Flash CWM recovery (Standard or Touch), Root the phone, I didn't foud anything change (not like my cellphone, I can select recovery mode when long push the powerbutton off button), so I made a decision (I beleve that's a huge mistake), I did lock the bootloader and flash Google Factory Image. Finally I realised I couldn't boot OS, but I found at the begining of power on, I could choose "start" "restart bootloader" "recovery mode" "power off" , It said booting faild if I select start or recovery mode.
Is there any way to rescue my tablet?

I got error while flashing and then after power up git little note "boot failed"
I tried to get into fastboot mode, few times i got fastboot but it was not responding and adb saw no devices. after few attemps i got working fastboot mode and then flashed it as normal.

Top Liked Posts