[HACK] ALL IN ONE Optimizer for X7720 eclair and korean froyo..

Search This thread

khalpowers

Jul 29, 2010
# format ur micro sd thru phone then transfer to windows and reformat to fat32 64kb cluster
# shrink the volume for 1g to ext2 partition and linux swap (64 m)...( im using gparte ubuntu)..no need for swap if using others tool partion.
# format the ext2 partion using ubuntu disk utilty .U need to ensure the check box with 'Take Ownership of the File System' is unchecked for the partition before you create it otherwise the partition is created and it has superuser permissions only.
#done
Steps to prepare for installation:
# download all-in-one app2sd HERE
# Unzip the downloaded file
# Move the apps2sd folder to root directory of MicroSD

Next, simply connect the XT720 to your computer.
Ensure it is "Charge Only" for USB connection and USB Debugging mode for USB is turned on under Settings > Applications > Development.
Once you have the above checked, go ahead to launch a command prompt and perform the following:

Type: adb devices (you should see your Milestone serial number showing up. If you do not see serial number, it means there is no connection to your Milestone)
Type: adb shell
Type: su (make sure you do not see a prompt window on your Milestone. If you do, grant permission for it to access)
Type: cd /sdcard/apps2sd
Type: sh install.sh (trigger installation of App2SD)
Type: Number 1 to 0 (for every steps until the end)

**********************************************"
echo "* Milestone XT720 Optimizer&Themes V10 *"
echo "* All XT720 sbf version *"
echo "* Coded by:Khalpowers *"
echo "**********************************************"
echo ""
echo "The following scripts will attempt to install:"
echo "1. New Busybox"
echo "2. APPS2SD"
echo "3. Change Bootanimation and Fonts"
echo "4. Optimized build.prop"
echo "5. JIT from FroYo (Frozen Eclair Project)"
echo "6. Cleanup stock app"
echo "7. Apply mod theme eclair and froyo"
echo "8. Master APNS.conf"
echo "9. Milestone OverClock v1.42"
echo "0. EXIT SCRIPT"

for those running froyo with korean sbf also can apply
busybox
app2sd
theme galaxie froyo,
apn and the millestone overclock.

when apply this i can get better hd videoing without lag , more responsive and much better on movie playback with vplayer beta.

ps/ personally i think the best sbf so far for 2.1.1 is US sbf..:)

here some benchmark for my xt..

without froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
newbench3.png

with froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
froyobench.png

Last edited:

d23wilson

Apr 12, 2007
howdy,
when i install this, i have installed the build.prop and JIT...i only get a quadrant benchmark of low 600's.

any tips on what else i need to do...9 have milestone overclocker clocked at your speed (i.e. 1000mhz and 56vsel). And it is the european xt720.

thanks.

khalpowers

Jul 29, 2010
@Wilson

Do u using swap?..im using ext2 ,swap and us sbf..the responsive and good cam quality is us sbf...:)

@chen
yes u can apply app2sd but Jit im not sure because never tested on xt701...

ChungHung.Chen

Dec 13, 2010
HsinChu
OK, I can try JIT this night, worst case is using open recovery to full recovery.
If any progress I will report within this thread.

d23wilson

Apr 12, 2007
hi khalpowers....i loaded the US sbf on to my phone, and i did not even root it and i am quite sure i saw improvement in the camcorder....the only problem was that i dont have 3G access. I am not sure if that is because the US does not acknowledge GSM...is it (xt720 for US) just for CDMA networks? BTW...i am pretty limited with knowledge in this area....so if i am saying something stupid, its cos i dont know any better... so i then reloaded the UK sbf, and got my phone back to working again.

I live in Australia, and bought the phone through expansys website, and use the 3/vodafone network.

i really only want good camcording experience with this phone, as that is why i bought it..got sucked into the reviews that this was state of the art HD . :(

So..really i just want great photos and camcording...any advice?

your time on replying to me is greatly appreciated :)

khalpowers

Jul 29, 2010
Dude.. with us sbf u need to add your apn telco setting @setting>wireless &networks >mobile network>access point names.click at menu button then u can see +new apn ..now u can add your apn telco apn setting ..only us sbf need to set apn manually..hope can help u solve the 3g problem..

dbchoong

Jul 27, 2010
Worked for my XT720 (Singapore). Reinstalled my phone with fresh stock 2.1 using RSD Lite before installing this Optimizer.

Is it really Froyo 2.2.1 now? Settings -> About Phone shows firmware as 2.2.1.

Great work! Thanks!

d23wilson

Apr 12, 2007
Dude.. with us sbf u need to add your apn telco setting @setting>wireless &networks >mobile network>access point names.click at menu button then u can see +new apn ..now u can add your apn telco apn setting ..only us sbf need to set apn manually..hope can help u solve the 3g problem..
yep, that worked.

thanks man...i am v happy now. cant understand and little bit doubtful to fully believe my eyes, but the camcorder seems SOO much better. wondering if i will be let down in the near future with it, but right now thinking this is the phone i should have been delivered from motorola from the start. thanks again...you delivered what i wanted!!

dbchoong

Jul 27, 2010
Couple of questions:

1. The circle battery is stuck at 100%.

2. Although app2sd seems to be installed and running (checked with busybox df -h), the internal memory seems to be dropping after every install. Is there some application that I can use to view/move apps to & fro internal memory and SD.

TIA.

;)

d23wilson

Apr 12, 2007
hi khalpowers...i am trying to get swap working, and it does not seem to be.

here are the details:
i have sdcard kingston class 4 16gb, which i have formatted (using the DVD boot image for gparted) to:
15gb to Fat
500mb to ext2 for apps
32mb to ext2 for swap purpose

i have installed swapper, and selected "use swap partition"..the swap partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p3....which i assume is pointing to partition 3 on the sdcard, which is the ext2 32MB partition.

When i select "swap on" i get a few messages..
setting swappiness OK
turning swap off(partition) FAIL
formatting swap partition OK
enabling swap(partition) FAIL
All done

and when i select button "get information" it supports that nothing has been done as swap is always at 0kb.

Would there be a step i am missing for the XT720?

thanks in advance...and to anyone else who can help me out.

ly_p_2006

Nov 3, 2010
HK
You're the man!
Finally works for my XT720, great thanks!
Only a little experience would like to share.
1. have been app2sd two months ago using apps2sd (adb script in this forum)!
I thought I did something wrong during the process, internal memory keep dropping in every install, I've checked app folder in sdcard, yes, all apps goes to sdcard, but after 40+ apps installed, machine prompt me low internal memory. Also, its heavily lag when recording SD(even not HD!!!) videos, play back videos and playing games.
2. I decided to upgrade my microSD to class 10 (previously class 6) week ago, it did improve on those lagging. But panic on how to copy card, I try cloning all partition to the new one. Sorry, be-remind that it does not work for original apps2sd. I did numerous hard reset. and tried app2card 2.7.6 and re-formating the card! Guess what, I BRICKED my phone. Sent to moto CS for repairing for 24 hrs.
3. So, start all over again couple of days ago. USING OPTIMIZER this time, it works!!! I have now over 60 apps (not including the build-in 110 apps) and still got 115mb internal memory remaining.

*** I think don't try on ext3, the app2sd optimizer come with ext2.ko, correct me if I am wrong!****
***Do not try to re-app2sd, not unless you can un-app2sd before applying new install, or you can flash the stock ROM where I never successfully done it!!****

Hope all happy new years and new machines!

Riley600

Dec 29, 2010
Vancouver
I'm a little confused about installing JIT. I seem to recall reading that installing JIT on stock firmware is not a good idea. I'm currently running a Wind Mobile XT720 (software STR_U2_05.1F.2) and would like to install JIT but don't want to brick my phone. Do I need to install European/USA/Russian/etc firmware as noted on the droidforums ([GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT) before installing JIT? Unfortunately, none of the firmware versions match my phone, though...

Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    # format ur micro sd thru phone then transfer to windows and reformat to fat32 64kb cluster
    # shrink the volume for 1g to ext2 partition and linux swap (64 m)...( im using gparte ubuntu)..no need for swap if using others tool partion.
    # format the ext2 partion using ubuntu disk utilty .U need to ensure the check box with 'Take Ownership of the File System' is unchecked for the partition before you create it otherwise the partition is created and it has superuser permissions only.
    #done
    Steps to prepare for installation:
    # download all-in-one app2sd HERE
    # Unzip the downloaded file
    # Move the apps2sd folder to root directory of MicroSD

Next, simply connect the XT720 to your computer.
    Ensure it is "Charge Only" for USB connection and USB Debugging mode for USB is turned on under Settings > Applications > Development.
    Once you have the above checked, go ahead to launch a command prompt and perform the following:

Type: adb devices (you should see your Milestone serial number showing up. If you do not see serial number, it means there is no connection to your Milestone)
    Type: adb shell
    Type: su (make sure you do not see a prompt window on your Milestone. If you do, grant permission for it to access)
    Type: cd /sdcard/apps2sd
    Type: sh install.sh (trigger installation of App2SD)
    Type: Number 1 to 0 (for every steps until the end)

**********************************************"
    echo "* Milestone XT720 Optimizer&Themes V10 *"
    echo "* All XT720 sbf version *"
    echo "* Coded by:Khalpowers *"
    echo "**********************************************"
    echo ""
    echo "The following scripts will attempt to install:"
    echo "1. New Busybox"
    echo "2. APPS2SD"
    echo "3. Change Bootanimation and Fonts"
    echo "4. Optimized build.prop"
    echo "5. JIT from FroYo (Frozen Eclair Project)"
    echo "6. Cleanup stock app"
    echo "7. Apply mod theme eclair and froyo"
    echo "8. Master APNS.conf"
    echo "9. Milestone OverClock v1.42"
    echo "0. EXIT SCRIPT"

for those running froyo with korean sbf also can apply
    busybox
    app2sd
    theme galaxie froyo,
    apn and the millestone overclock.

when apply this i can get better hd videoing without lag , more responsive and much better on movie playback with vplayer beta.

ps/ personally i think the best sbf so far for 2.1.1 is US sbf..:)

here some benchmark for my xt..

without froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
    newbench3.png

with froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
    froyobench.png
    Thread moved to XT720 Forum.
    I have problem to download all-in-one app2sd file - " Error (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for. " Can you upload it again?

Grab here http://db.tt/XDr4rgb