[10.Mar.11][v2 by CrawlingCity][ROM-DEV] HD2 Honeycomb Development Central

Search This thread

tizocalamilla

Jul 5, 2010
im nothing close to a dev but i dowloaded this and flashed just for shyts and giggles... I LOVE IT!!!! CANT WAIT TILL IT GETS RUNNING SMOOTHLY!!!!!
i would mind running this completely on landscape as the HD2 offers a generouse amount of real estate!
...so anxiouse now that my wp7 fever went away now i can get back to android

sadikhov77

Nov 4, 2008
Sydney
I think all developers should jump on this to further develop the built.

Once this is all working and shining, I won't hesitate to donate as always.

Bookmarking the thread for now.

LaneyEFC

Aug 28, 2010
Liverpool
got it working wow thanks, alittle slow as a can see its unstable at this moment but i can see this being the future for hd2 :D

zat0x

Jun 29, 2010
its stuck at magldr gogogo sceen on my phone.. Do i need a special cwr partition layout ?

Ruckzuck78

Dec 31, 2009
hd2.meinblog.us
runs very smooth, really nice ;)

but i think everything is a little bit small, the HD2 is a awesome device but honeycomb needs a bigger display. But keep on that good work it is great to see what the HD2 can do :)

IzaacJ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Eskilstuna
izaacj.github.io
Hello.

As a new android developer (just started building my own CM7 rom) I'd love to help if you need some testers :D Just pm me if so.

The UI looks far superior than the old one. One question thou, is the "old" apps fuctional or do the devs need to make some adjustments in the code?

Regards
Izaac

Reactions: Houwert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks artn3r for the video

----------------------------------------------

Well, I have worked on Honeycomb port for some weeks, and I was not going to publish it.
    But I thought someone would like to see how Honeycomb can perform on our device, and maybe someone could help in development. :)

Big thanks goes to people working on Desire and Nexus HC ports, i used some tricks in this build too.

Everyone who can help in development are welcomed.

Please note - honeycomb for our device(s) is far from stable and usable now, it can be used for exploring what Honeycomb actually looks like and how can it be used on our device.

What's working now
    It boots ^^
    Touchscreen
    LED and screen-off
    Hardware buttons properly mapped
    Graphics hardware acceleration
    Mobile data
    Accelerometer
    Browser
    SD mounting

What isn't
    Everything else
    Phone functions
    Wi-fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio

Screenshots

lockbr.png

91468882.png

Some more attached.

Kernel : Tyung's Kernel from Source http://gitorious.org/~tytung/linux-on-wince-htc/tytungs-hastarins-linux_on_wince_htc

Download

v2 CWR ZIP - http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1
    thanks crawling a lot for working on this

v1 CWR ZIP - removed

Have fun, haha ^^
    http://www.multiupload.com/SANIR58KN1

i'll tell imilka to update OP tomorrow. again, please, dont post things like "thanks", use the button.

what about stop the "great, thanks , aweomse, sh*t i just jiz in my pants" posts, hit the freaking THANKS button, and leave this thread alone for those who wanna help making this work?

I had to go through zilions of useless posts saying thanks to read what imilka was saying about egl stuff.

and for those who dont like this post, just fyi, i will be working with imilka to get this further, so, dont even comment on this.

TL;DR: hit the thanks button, leave the thread alone. jeez
    Finally, I don't feel that a dev should be so frustrated by polite requests. It's honestly something that should be expected when you make a groundbreaking release, especially on XDA. If the dev does not want to make an SD build, that is certainly understandable. If that is the case, perhaps he could provide some information so that somebody else can.

That is all. You can have a mod remove my post if you'd like.

you're not the one working on this. and for this quote part, you don't work on any rom at all. this could and should be the place where current chefs working on this (me and imilka) shared our information. And others could jump in with USEFUL information to improve honeycomb on hd2. but no, 90% of the posts are requests and questions. This is why xda is not the place for dev stuff, it's the place for being famous and nothing else. The dev stuff happens on irc or other places.
    Thats why, I'll keep working on this ignoring useless requests and people posting "thanks". I appreciate every "thanks" post, i really do, but there's a button for it.

one last thing, this is not a groundbreaking release, this shouldn't even be consider a release. This is a WIP (work in progress).