Folio3xx v0.4(Honeycomb for Folio 100)

Search This thread

Bieka

Hey Jon,

i downloaded it now. But i just tried to flash via adb and ignore the error. At this moment it comes to Welcome Screen... I installed the partition_formater.zip with my cwm 3.0.0.5 because the adb sends errors. But how can i install the zip with the OC Kernel from First Post?

Edit: It seems to run. No Problems yet. But 2 things i don't get installed. First is the oc kernel zip and second is the script you posted in the following

1. SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH(also, set up minumum cpu freq to 608hz with CPU Master and try JuweRamOptimizerScript here, tried SuperCharger but it won't load up. I use RootToolBox for loading scripts, can be used any app that have script loading capability,can be loaded during boot(init.d) but I didn't find init.d folder in /system/etc, ability can be added in Dxidsa's Kitchen but I don't have time to play with that(someone can try that,with OC kernel, and post here), also, Root ToolBox have option for loading scripts ddluring boot,and with setting up these settings, my Folio was whole night(10h) in hibernation, I woke it without SOD issuse and the best is that it lose only 10%battery!!!!!!!!!!!)

I can't find script. Only an App that i couldn't load?! Can you attach the script or app here please?

BR
Bieka

Last edited:

bartsled

Jul 26, 2009
Got this one running, with both patches. Looks great, finally a true tablet experience on the Folio.

Things i've come across:
- SOD, almost everytime the tablet goes to hibernation. Haven't tried the script since the download is down. Did try the app with the 'balance' setting. Doesn't work either.
- Lags from time to time, like it's syncing alot of things and has to work very hard. If I give it a minute it will go on smooth.

Has anyone been able to fix the SOD problem? If so, what were your steps in to fixing this bug?

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
Install OC kernel. Is the key in smoth expirience. Sometimes,SOD comes to visit Folio, but after few days I don't have any problems, I put it in hibernation and no SOD, no freezes and and I wrote this post from Folio that was in hibernation whole night and it works smothly. I'll post the script.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bieka

I don't get it....

i've flashed 0.4 Version yesterday with fastboot. When i flashed the system.img i get an error which i posted before. Too many links.... i don't know what this could be... i also get errors after this one with all following flashes (boot, eventuelly recovery etc.). After Reboot and accessing fastboot again boot.img etc. can be flashed.
So i then ignored the error, flashed all needed and HC booted up. It ran good and after downloading and installing CPU Master the Folio won't SOD anymore. Ok it lags a lot but i thought i can flash the OC Kernel now... no way... after flashing with stock recovery my folio goes reboot and then black screen. After 10 minutes i decided to kick it. I tried flashing the whole 0.4 ROM with stock recovery but all i get is an error too. It says:

E: Can't mount DEFAULT_PATH
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted...
Formating MISC:...

And then nothing... i tried wipe data/factory reset and fastboot -w and i killed all without flashing new in fastboot and tried a clean flash with stock recovery.... i will try to flash foliomod 1.4 now and the override with hc.... if this doesn't help i need yours. I will flash HC with fastboot then and install the partition formater zip after that. But i need help with OC Kernel.... why is this going to black screen for me? And you said you upload the script, that would be great i think this will give me more smoothness.... ;)

Edit: With flashed Foliomod 1.4 no betterment in flashing HC. Will give fastboot another try...

Edit 2: I installed oc kernel manually (flashed boot.img from zip) but black screen appears only. I startet adb logcat and it stucks on

D/libEGL ( 2207): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_tegra.so

Best Regards
Bieka

Last edited:

mambraxneol

Jan 31, 2009
Hy,

Thanks John2525 for your help, now it's good ;)

But i have got one problem more, i have just installed the Rom, no patchs.
After about 15 minutes of using the Rom, the Folio suddenly freeze and i can do nothing, just press during a long time the power button to stop it !

Have you got an idea to this issue ?

;)

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
OC kernel isn's only boot.img. daemon and graphics drivers are needed too.

Install OC kernel. Script will be added to OP today

mambraxneol

Jan 31, 2009
Hy Jonh2555,

Thanks, i'm installing the add on for the OC, and after i'm going to install CPU master free to make the overclocking. I will tell you about it after ;)

i have choose, 1504 and 608mhz, i reboot now and test ;)

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Hy,

It's good actually, i have installed Samurai II, but it doesn't want to go on, normal

:confused:

Last edited:

Bieka

Yeah.

I got it. Problem solved. I downloaded the packages again and again overwrite them and tested but no chance. I then deleted the packages and downloaded them. In another Board i saw that a flash from cwm 3.0.0.5 so i did and flashed the oc kernel and patches.... works brilliant ;)

I downloaded the free app from the script dev and hit the balance button. Seems to be the same and work like the same but i noticed some lags at some points which are going away but they are there. Looks like precaching system ;) I mean it stops and then it rans again like hell ;) I made a benchmark test and got 6500 points in the antutu benchmark. Hell yeah. Seems HC is ready for allday use now ;). SOD's are gone for now and hopefully forever ;)

halu85

Dec 10, 2010
Córdoba
Black screen

Hi guys, first thanks for your hard work.
I have flashed the update.zip, the root patch and the OC patch but when I reboot I get black screen.
Any idea?
Thanks

Bieka

Try Flashing with CWM 3.0.0.5 worked for me. If not for you, try the partition formater.zip in first post.

I had a SOD now but i think it was the CPU Frequenz. I set it to ~900 and the max to ~1500MHz. I now set it to the min freq. of ~600MHz. I'll try if it gets SOD too ;)

halu85

Dec 10, 2010
Córdoba
Thank you, i have installed the rom with both 2 patchs using cwm, but now the problems are: i set the language in spanish but when i reboot, it always set english as default, and the other thing is cpu master doesn't open, always fc.

Enviado desde mi Xoom usando Tapatalk

Merxthik

Aug 18, 2011
U should do a fastboot -w in the fastboot mode of our tablets

(Tienes que ejecutar el comando fastboot -w en el modo fastboot de la tablet, se pone dando 3 veces al boton power y uno al de vol+)

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Nice to see the 0.4 somehow solved a few issues, although it was not a 100% successful update, since the filesystem problem still exists.

anyways, i have no folio100 any longer, so i can no longer support it.

Reactions: zedshah

Bieka

Hey Dexter,

Nice to see you around although bad news are coming with you. But first i want to thank you for your great work. This rom or even the kernel are not perfect yet and i hope there will be a dev or better more devs to help us here. The folio comminity is there but its not as uge as the hd2 or galaxy tab community. But i think when we work together we can fix many or even some problems ;-). Maybe someone can teach me or send me links to literature, tutorials, how to's or something.

But again thanks dexter and also thanks jon you guys made and make very goos job.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    I'M NOT DEV OF THIS ROM PORT, ALL CREDITS GOES TO DEXTER. I'M ONLY POSTING THIS HERE BECAUSE LOTS OF MEMBERS ASK FOR NEW VERSION THAT YOU CAN'T FIND IN OUR SUBFORUMS.

Download link =====> FolioComb 3xx v0.4

That I found here ===> Frandroid's(French community)FolioComb3xx v0.4 thread

Mixed Package With Root And OC Kernel =====> I'll add changes in system.img and upload here when I have time(recovery package, can be flashed via fastboot too)

BUGS AND POSSIBLE FIXES

1. SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH(also, set up minumum cpu freq to 608hz with CPU Master and try JuweRamOptimizerScript here, tried SuperCharger but it won't load up. I use RootToolBox for loading scripts, can be used any app that have script loading capability,can be loaded during boot(init.d) but I didn't find init.d folder in /system/etc, ability can be added in Dxidsa's Kitchen but I don't have time to play with that(someone can try that,with OC kernel, and post here), also, Root ToolBox have option for loading scripts ddluring boot,and with setting up these settings, my Folio was whole night(10h) in hibernation, I woke it without SOD issuse and the best is that it lose only 10%battery!!!!!!!!!!!)

EDIT: SOD is followed by some problems with wifi. Fix from Frandroid here

EDIT: Root ToolBox changed name and now it's ROM ToolBox

Script For Loading Via Root ToolBox

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # Copyright� 2011 Juwe11
    # 13.8.2011 Updated VM values - Thanks to [Kalis] for help
    # 18.8.2011 Added oom_adj values
    # 19.9.2011 Updated VM and LMK values

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj ]; then
    	echo "0,1,2,4,6,15" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj
    fi

if [ -e /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree ]; then
    	echo "2560,4096,5632,10240,11776,14848" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/swappiness ]; then
    	echo "20" > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure ]; then
    	echo "70" > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs ]; then
    	echo "3000" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_expire_centisecs
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs ]; then
    	echo "500" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_writeback_centisecs
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio ]; then
    	echo "15" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    fi

if [ -e /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio ]; then
    	echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio
    fi

Script As App ==> JuweRamOptimizerApp

NOTE: Root ToolBox App have path with manually setting up these setings ==> Rom ToolBox>Perfomance(select on grey line)>Sysctl tweaks

CPU Master

nu62x.png

Root ToolBox

1Sc2H.png

2. Flash is fully working in Opera and might work in others browsers(like Dolphin Browser) but with some types of lags
    3. Some videos don't work in Youtube app
    4. DON'T INSTALL OC KERNEL. I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES BUT I GOT A BOOTLOOP AND WITH OC KERNEL WITH 0.3a VERSION I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH SOD -- FIX IN PATCH PATH
    5. Apps can be moved to sdcard now because Dexter fixed that bug with formating system, date and cache to ext4
    7. Camera don't work
    8. I noticed some problems with root permissions -- fix in patch path

Quadrant Score

RPqI0.png

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

VIA RECOVERY

-I prefer flashing via original recovery, not CWM-

1. Extract downloaded package and copy update.zip to root of sdcard
    2. Unmount sdcard and pull it into your tablet
    3. Boot it in recovery mode(combo: power+volume up; volume up; volume down; volume up). After you see progress bar press home button and wait for end of flashing. Then, erase data and cache and reboot

VIA FASTBOOT

1. If you don't have fastboot installed, go here
    2. Extract downloaded package and one more time update.zip. Copy system.img and boot.img in any folder that you like and copy this zip file to sdcard(don't extract) and rename to update.zip if you use Original Recovery.
    3. Boot to fastboot mode(combo: at Toshiba Logo press 3x power button + 1x power up)
    4. Connect tablet to your computer via usb
    5. Open terminal(in linux find it in menu and in windows open start menu, press run and type cmd)
    6. In termianl, go to folder with system.img and boot.img with cd command(cd /path_to_your_directory)
    7. Type(one by one):
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase linux
    fastboot -w
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash linux boot.img
    fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot
    After that go to recovery and flash Partition_Formater.zip and reboot

PATCHES

-Install patches via recovery-

1. Root patch ===>Root_patch.zip

2. Overclocked kernel up to 1504Mhz patch(because system, data and cache partitions are in ext4, I repacked new kernel with ramdisk from v0.4 kernel and zImage from OC kernel. Problem was in init.rc that tells kernel how to boot system and it tells that system, data and cache partitions are in ext2 and ext3 format) ===>OC_HC_Kernel_patch.zip

3. Apps2SD Patch and init.d support too(mounting scripts during boot) ==>init.d.zip

Installing guide:
    1. Extract package, and type this:
    Code:
    adb remount rw
    adb push /path_to_directory/bin/sysinit /system/bin
    adb push /path_to_directory/run-parts /system/xbin
    adb push /path_to_directory/etc/init.d /system/etc

2. Create ext3 partition on sdcard(external)

EDIT: Can't put run-parts to archive-symlink error; download it here

4. Youtube fix ==>YouTubeTablet.apk

Home Screen

TPKHA.png

Settings App-About Tablet Tab

T9WsW.png

Honeycomb Android Market App

WVO8T.png

Honeycomb YouTube App

yVVri.png

Honeycomb Browser App

VTyb4.png

Honeycomb Clock App

t4G63.png

Honeycomb WeatherBug App

z8egX.png

SuperUserElite App

0yK9D.png

In second screenshot we see that this might be 3.1 version of Honeycomb(can be checked by checking API version in HTML inside any app that's in /system/app folder or in framework that should be 12) ???
    Or Dexter only write that(same for Xoom) because this android market don't check for in what country are you anymore but what device you have(I don't know that this is true)

I tried this update and it's OK for daily use but SOD is the main problem if you don't install OC kernel

If you want to thank's me, press thank's button please

If you have some problems, post them here and we'll try to fix them. I'll upload fix path and might add patch path to this post. If I'm not responding that's means that I don't have time to help or I don't know the answer. All members are welcomed to help.

Good luck with flashing!!!
    My fault sorry, fix with this:
    Boot your tablet, connect it with pc via usb ,type |adb shell| and then type |adb push make_ext4fs /system/bin|,mount system patition|mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /system| and type|make_ext4fs ???(I don't know how to format, any help???)|. Wait to tablet finish booting.

For me usb is working fine???
    Tegra2 games should work

Nice to see the 0.4 somehow solved a few issues, although it was not a 100% successful update, since the filesystem problem still exists.

anyways, i have no folio100 any longer, so i can no longer support it.
    Try to push them to the tablet instead of letting it automatic install on the sd card. That lets me run all my installed apps.

Br

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk