ROOT for Razr HD

Search This thread

pantoner

Oct 19, 2012
Did you have USB debugging enabled in the phone Development settings? Also when you plug it in and get that connection notification on your phone, select USB Charge mode. It's best if you open the file after you do all that so it doesn't try to start in Mass Storage mode, before you switch to usb charge.

I do have it in debugging mode, and when I go to the Android Recovery thing... I get the "ge1/1" which in my experience happens after you achieve root on an Original RAZR. I get an "Exploit Successful" in the CMD prompt... i must be missing something... maybe my RAZR HD is really good at being stock.

UPDATE: I got it to work! After generating a report by pressing Vol+ and pwr, I waited about 10 seconds after the second vibration. It worked flawlessly. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Attempt.jpg
    Attempt.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:

W00fah

Jul 15, 2012
San Diego
Much respect mate! Worked like a charm! Got super and everything working :D. And got some apps frozen too with Titanium Backup. Thanks for posting!

senergy

Oct 26, 2006
Great thanks! Works on a Telstra Razr HD (Australia)

Ran it the first time and said "Congratulations..." but no SU program would work. So I ran it again and it worked.

TruEastSydeBoi

Jan 10, 2011

kaktuss77

Oct 31, 2010
Lagny-sur-Marne
Hi,

I proceeded a fatory / reset the root is still there. and system files that I edited. (remove shutter sound)

I did the factory / reset from the recovery.

shova32

Apr 6, 2011
Try doing it in the phone settings, i think under privacy. Make sure you select to wipe internal too!

This isn't working... I've factory reset set a number of times and it's still rooted (superuser is still in the app drawer). I haven't seen where it asked wipe internal.

Also I hit the power button and volume up, it goes to the boot mode selection but it doesn't allow me to select anything. HELP

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Try doing it in the phone settings, i think under privacy. Make sure you select to wipe internal too!

this will never work for removing root. the files are installed to system, a factory reset wipes data and is not allowed to touch system. ergo all you are doing is wiping out your apps and data.

you can manually unroot by using a root file manager program and mounting system as r/w (i prefer root explorer) and removing the following files

/system/app/Superuser.apk
/system/bin/su
and if it has it
/system/xbin/su

anyone wishing to thank the creator of this easy rooting script can do so here where he has his donate link up if you feel ever so appreciative.

Reactions: MadFoodScientist

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Just pre ordered the dev version. This work on that too?

Edit: yes it will but I forgot about being able to just flash SU in recovery since its unlocked. Woops.

Sent from my JB'd X2

Last edited:

TruEastSydeBoi

Jan 10, 2011
this will never work for removing root. the files are installed to system, a factory reset wipes data and is not allowed to touch system. ergo all you are doing is wiping out your apps and data.

Ah yes you're correct, I forgot that any of the times i've removed root on my DX2, it was next to a sbf'ing; which is what really removed it.
Wiping internal only does the apps from data, the superuser is installed in the system.

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
Ah yes you're correct, I forgot that any of the times i've removed root on my DX2, it was next to a sbf'ing; which is what really removed it.
Wiping internal only does the apps from data, the superuser is installed in the system.

doing a factory reset wipes apps and data, wiping internal means you wipe your internal sdcard which for most devices is the default location for camera pictures and videos.

Reactions: lucidvtec

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
just making sure everything is defined man, there is always a bigger idiot than you can prepare for :p

on my nexus toolkit i had 4 files in the download, a folder named Files, the drivers, runme-linux.sh and runme-windows.bat. i got 6 PM's asking me how to use it :/

making sure no one deletes photos of their precious "wubby-boo-boo" or whatever and get mad at you is always a bonus :)

Reactions: lucidvtec

TruEastSydeBoi

Jan 10, 2011
making sure no one deletes photos of their precious "wubby-boo-boo" or whatever and get mad at you is always a bonus :)

Haha yeah. I always save everything of importance to my SDcard. It's an automatic for me to set the camera to External SD. Always wiping and flashing so i just never see using the internal as a safe place to store files. Anything ever goes wrong with my phone, I never want to be at a loss, so all titanium backups and pictures are just a matter of popping out my sdcard and into another phone.
Same deal with a computer, idk why any intelligent person would save valuables on the computer and not to an External HDD :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root is already available for the Motorola Razr HD & Maxx!

I grabbed this from the Razr M forums, it will work for a variety of new Motorola Devices.

Instructions:
    1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Install Motorola Drivers
    4. Enable USB Debugging on Phone
    5. Plug Into PC
    6. Run The Batch File "Run"
    7. Follow Along the CMD Prompt for Progress & Let it Finish
    8. Enjoy and Hope for some Developers to Pick Up This Phone to Rom

**UPDATE**JellyBean OTA In order to update to the latest OTA without losing root you need to:

• Be Rooted on ICS
    • Use VooDoo Rootkeeper to do the following
    1. Protect Root
    2. Temp Unroot
    3. Take the JB OTA
    4. Restore Root

Enjoy being both on the latest and rooted. Remember, do not just take the update without doing both those two things as there is no root exploit currently available for JB.

This is a one-click-method so all you have to do is the prerequisites and it will do the rest for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How to Unroot:
    Thanks shabbypenguin for posting this.

You can manually unroot your Droid by using a root file manager program (such as root explorer) and mountsystem as R/W. Then delete the following:

/system/app/Superuser.apk
    /system/bin/su
    and if it has it
    /system/xbin/su
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloads:
    Here's the link to the drivers: Motorola Drivers
    Root File is attached to the Post, but here are some Mirrors:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Rooting your phone works whether you have the Developer version or not.

Hit thanks if this made you happy!

Screenie:
    Screenie%20of%20Razr%20HD%20Root.png

*Disclaimer: This root exploit was created by Dan Rosenburg and not myself, so I take no credit in creating it . You are only hitting "Thanks" for me sharing this root method and simple guide on the appropriate forum.*

OK - found it already. Now one can get current jellybean with SuperSU/Busybox by chainfire. Thanks to Orphee for pointing the directions here in this thread. This is how I went ahead after flashing Moto's Jellybean on top of unrooted Stock ICS.

- Assuming unlocked bootloader
    - Get epinters CWM-Recovery from here.
    - Get SuperSU+Busybox from here and put it on your SDCard.
    - Enter fastboot mode by POWERON+VOLDOWN
    - Flash epinters CWM using following command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery cwmrecovery6015-xt925_20121104-epinter.img
    - PRESS VOLUP on the device and reboot Phone via
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    - When the green droid is being shown press VOLUP+VOLDOWN -> this enters CWM Recovery
    - In CWM I had chosen Wipe/DataFactory and Wipe Dalvik <--- dunno if that is really needed, but since my RazrHD was vanilla-stock it couldn't do any harm.
    - In CWM I had chosen "Flash Zip from External SD" and selected that "Root_SuperSU.0.98-Busybox.1.20.2-signed.zip"
    - (optional) in CWM chose "disable stock recovery flash" when exiting CWM - this will disable recovery from reverting to stock-recovery.
    - Reboot... Enjoy... **

** Disclaimer This is how it worked for ME - if it bricks your phone, something explodes or even your phone gets sucked up in a blackhole I cannot be held responsible ;)
    ** CWM is by epinter and SuperSU/Zip is by chainfire!

rooted6719.jpg
    Word of advice to all is that you need to follow the instructions closely and run the batch file AFTER you plug in your phone and switch it charge mode and verify that the USB Debugging icon shows up. This way the program does not start running if your phone automatically goes to Mass Storage mode.
    doing a factory reset wipes apps and data, wiping internal means you wipe your internal sdcard which for most devices is the default location for camera pictures and videos.

ah okay haha i'll just shut up. I did include your instructions and credited in the OP! :cowboy:
    Hi,

Can we unroot the phone easily?

I would like to know this too before I root

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

factory restore will remove root.

Yes you can! Factory restoring will unroot the phone as it deletes Superuser and busybox. You're good to go.