XT861 5.8.25 Stock ROM. Android 2.3.6 - UPDATED 1/23

Search This thread

Tranzior

Feb 16, 2012
Lviv
Re: XT861 5.8.25 Stock ROM. Android 2.3.6 - UPDATED 1/20

I am use CWM and all was fine, but some people on 4pda.ru who install this rom using safestrap 3.05 said that it is not boot - black screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: RWALEY

RWALEY

Sep 4, 2008
Alright, thanks for checking this out!
I will update the first post to warn Safestrap users.

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
The update.zip is missing the dir "/system/etc/rootfs".
If you grab that dir and its contents from any safestrap ROM and drop it into /system/etc in the update.zip, it flashes and boots from safestrap just fine.

Thank you sir. That advice got me booted on safestrap! Now to see what goodies this holds. Thanks again rwaley!

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Here's the ROM safestrappable and deodexed - should help those who like to tinker with things. Which is pretty much all of us.
http://d-h.st/H5w

This zip gets gsm sim, data/3g, and keyboard all working on my bell XT860 running this^ with safestrap on Rogers. You will need to manually set your apn info. (I didn't change build.prop because you don't need to.)

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
Hi mate, with this patch, I've got some FCs on Swype... Is that normal?

Thanks for the effort!

Yeah I got that and voice search fc's with the initial deodexed rom before I ever started swapping stuff. I am pretty sure its not my zip, flash the rom without it to confirm.:confused:

Edit: Confirmed. Just flashed clean without my zip and swype still fc's. I am just using the multitouch keyboard instead.

Last edited:

Munckster

Feb 6, 2011
Katowice
Yeah I got that and voice search fc's with the initial deodexed rom before I ever started swapping stuff. I am pretty sure its not my zip, flash the rom without it to confirm.:confused:

Edit: Confirmed. Just flashed clean without my zip and swype still fc's. I am just using the multitouch keyboard instead.

Yes, you are right. Without the patch, same FCs..

Munckster

Feb 6, 2011
Katowice
Yay! The patch worked o a Deoxeded 906 that I've tested.

Thanks, mate!

Sent from my XT860 using xda app-developers app

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
This zip gets gsm sim, data/3g, and keyboard all working on my bell XT860 running this^ with safestrap on Rogers. You will need to manually set your apn info. (I didn't change build.prop because you don't need to.)

Forgot to give proper credit: That zip contains several lib files from my stock bell 2.3.6 build, but they are useless without the deodexed TelephonyProvider.apk which I borrowed from thingonaspring's amazing MiniMoto 1.7!

Sorry thing' I hope that's OK. :angel:(I'll pull it down if you want)

thingonaspring

Mar 8, 2006
Forgot to give proper credit: That zip contains several lib files from my stock bell 2.3.6 build, but they are useless without the deodexed TelephonyProvider.apk which I borrowed from thingonaspring's amazing MiniMoto 1.7!

Sorry thing' I hope that's OK. :angel:(I'll pull it down if you want)

Fine by me mate. Good work by the way.

Reactions: Caldair

TimelesslyPrecise

Oct 13, 2010
SouthWest Florida
GSM

Hi All,

I'm using a VZW version of this phone in the US, with a GSM carrier..
So far the baseband has been swapped out with the XT883's, and the GSM is working fine here in the U.S.

My observations are, When i swap to Minimoto 1.7, and also this rom, the baseband isn't showing up in 'Status' area of the phone, therefore leaving me with no signal.. I have tried the old and new radio.img files from the XT883 to no avail.

I have put the Same build.prop edits in place (only the two two change, and then lastly one extra added at the bottom) that are on the .906 which is working perfectly, but for some reason this rom isn't showing the baseband.

Any pointers?

I remember on an old Motorola Defy, the Radio files were actually in a folder in the system, those were simply swapped out to change baseband frequencies..

Is there a folder i can grab from .906 and dump on the XT861 rom?

Any pointers are appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have not seen anything like this uploaded so I figured I would get a copy online.

Recently I had a Droid 3 get replaced with an XT861 by Verizon's warranty replacement service.

Physically and electronically the phone is exactly the same as the Droid 3 XT862.
    However, the software installed was much different than the usual Verizon ROM.

The ROM reports as 5.8.25.XT861.ACG.en.US
    I believe the ACG stands for Associated Carrier Group (Alltel, nTelos, etc...)
    How Verizon got this ROM and why they sent it on this phone I have no idea but it is very lightweight, little to no bloat that Verizon typically loads on their stock ROM images.

As far as I know there is no SBF for this but attached is a CWM recovery image.
    Not certain if Safestrap will recover from it but CWM will for sure.
    ***UPDATE*** DO NOT USE SAFESTRAP. CWM ONLY -
    THIS IS NOT A ROM. THIS IS A CWM BACKUP IMAGE
    Available here: http://d-h.st/kEd

***UPDATE 1/23/13***

This is an extraction of the system.tar and converted into a ROM .zip
    Wipe data/cache and dalvik before flashing.
    Confirmed working with CWM & Safestrap
    Available here: http://d-h.st/mCB
    Deodexed ROM (Courtesy of thingonaspring) http://d-h.st/H5w
    Here's the ROM safestrappable and deodexed - should help those who like to tinker with things. Which is pretty much all of us.
    http://d-h.st/H5w
    The update.zip is missing the dir "/system/etc/rootfs".
    If you grab that dir and its contents from any safestrap ROM and drop it into /system/etc in the update.zip, it flashes and boots from safestrap just fine.
    I have a feeling the extra xbin folder stuff might be causing an issue for some people.

I have recompressed and signed a new .zip without it.

Have been able to install in CWM multiple times without issue.

Will update the first post.

Linked here: http://d-h.st/mCB
    @Tanzior - maybe it will :)