[WARNING] New 4.3 Update locks you to 4.3

Search This thread

stopa10

Aug 1, 2007
Well, I have to say that this lost-IMEI problem seems a bit controversial yet. Many report that it is solved by flashing back .257, many the exact opposite.

In many posts it is not even fully clear what kind of flash configurations have been used throughout the process.

Also, some keep struggling with flashing custom roms. Now that we are apparently close to finally have 4.4 custom roms for the baby, I think we should try to settle this once and for all.

So, in the general interest please be more specific wrt what you did, how you flashed (which options), which firmware versions (generic or not), and the final outcome.

And Happy Christmas to all you geeks ;)

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thepatman

Jun 14, 2011
Kirkland, WA
I can't seem to find the original post that suggested the following solution (to credit), but I tried it and it worked fine for me. I updated to 4.3 right out of the box (got my Z Ultra just a few days ago) and made it quite difficult for myself, but I am now bootloader unlocked with my TA backed up and running CM10.2.

Here's how I did it (after reverting back to .532 to root and backup TA, unlock bootloader, I FTF'd back to .290).

From .290 (4.3), I fastboot flashed the boot.img from CM10.2, installed it and gapps, checked IMEI, it was all 0's (14 or 15 of them IIRC)

At this point, I put the phone into flash mode and FTF'd back to .257, except I did uncheck clear data, and checked the options to exclude flashing system and kernel partitions.

Rebooted into CM10.2 and I my IMEI was back, got signal from my carrier, and everything is working dandy. Rebooted into recovery to do a factory reset and set up from scratch just for kicks, IMEI still intact.

I used generic Europe FTFs for both .290 and .257

EDIT: clarification

Well, I have to say that this lost-IMEI problem seems a bit controversial yet. Many report that it is solved by flashing back .257, many the exact opposite.

In many posts it is not even fully clear what kind of flash configurations have been used throughout the process.

Also, some keep struggling with flashing custom roms. Now that we are apparently close to finally have 4.4 custom roms for the baby, I think we should try to settle this once and for all.

So, in the general interest please be more specific wrt what you did, how you flashed (which options), which firmware versions (generic or not), and the final outcome.

And Happy Christmas to all you geeks ;)

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FTF'd US version of .257 per bigxie's post, also did a factory reset. Not quite there yet, no LTE and my voicemail number is not set, but I have full carrier service again, just had to select ATT LTE from the list of APNs. 6806, using the pac43 boot.img and latest PA 3.99.

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
I can't seem to find the original post that suggested the following solution (to credit), but I tried it and it worked fine for me. I updated to 4.3 right out of the box (got my Z Ultra just a few days ago) and made it quite difficult for myself, but I am now bootloader unlocked with my TA backed up and running CM10.2.

Here's how I did it (after reverting back to .532 to root and backup TA, unlock bootloader, I FTF'd back to .290).

From .290 (4.3), I fastboot flashed the boot.img from CM10.2, installed it and gapps, checked IMEI, it was all 0's (14 or 15 of them IIRC)

At this point, I put the phone into flash mode and FTF'd back to .257, except I did uncheck clear data, and checked the options to exclude flashing system and kernel partitions.

Rebooted into CM10.2 and I my IMEI was back, got signal from my carrier, and everything is working dandy. Rebooted into recovery to do a factory reset and set up from scratch just for kicks, IMEI still intact.

Yes!! This woked splendid! :D

Just another clarification. when installing cm10.2 one has to wipe data or else it wont boot. i think the crucial part is this:

"At this point, I put the phone into flash mode and FTF'd back to .257, except I did uncheck clear data, and checked the options to exclude flashing system and kernel partitions."

Maybe boot in to cm10.2 too see if one can see several zeros in imei instead of just 1 zero.

Thanks a lot friend!

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Yes!! This woked splendid! :D

Just another clarification. when installing cm10.2 one has to wipe data or else it wont boot. i think the crucial part is this:

"At this point, I put the phone into flash mode and FTF'd back to .257, except I did uncheck clear data, and checked the options to exclude flashing system and kernel partitions."

Maybe boot in to cm10.2 too see if one can see several zeros in imei instead of just 1 zero.

Thanks a lot friend!

Would be nice if you can update the op with step by step process mate.. Thanks!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

kathallida

Dec 17, 2013

Dude you gotta make a new thread and show this guide for everyone to see!

Thanks man!

nickylou88

Sep 12, 2013
Finally got radio working again

I've been experiencing the same problem (lost radio) after downgrading from 290 to 532.
Tried the exclude baseband method, still no signal.

After few trials and errors, finally got back to 532 with radio working again (and go on to root, install recovery, etc)

Here's what I did (all this on my c6802, locked BL) :
1. Flash Generic 290 ftf, make sure the radio is back working
2. Flash this particular 257 ftf , found in this thread (cr: Desperanto86) , make sure the radio is also working
3. Flash Generic HK 532 FW
4. Turn your phone back on, voila, back on 532 with radio working

All flashing are using the default options from the flashtool (no need to check or uncheck anything)

Not sure if this works for everyone, it sure does for me :p

msi.1362

Jul 19, 2009
Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.

Just use the same region-based firmware your phone came with.
i.e. I updated my MEA C6802 to .290. For downgrade I had both HongKong and MEA .532 firmwares.
With HK firmware I lost my IMEI after downgrade, but with MEA firmware everything goes fine.
No need to check or uncheck anything.

ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
after doing a trick

"flash boot.img that extract from CM 10.2 nightly .

then reboot go to CWM then flash any custom ROM will be fine"

I tested this method on , monxDIFIED ROM , CarbonROM , AOKP 4.4 , dogg ROM etc ALL work !!!

I start from official FTF .290

start from .290 is no problem anymore
(EMEI & Mobile singal & Wifi MAC Address is now work as normal)
(I am on Unlock BL also)

I see this trick in custom ROM thread not exactly remember

x1123

Mar 27, 2011
Pekalongan
semayi.blogspot.com
after doing a trick

"flash boot.img that extract from CM 10.2 nightly .

then reboot go to CWM then flash any custom ROM will be fine"

I tested this method on , monxDIFIED ROM , CarbonROM , AOKP 4.4 , dogg ROM etc ALL work !!!

I start from official FTF .290

start from .290 is no problem anymore
(EMEI & Mobile singal & Wifi MAC Address is now work as normal)
(I am on Unlock BL also)

I see this trick in custom ROM thread not exactly remember

I face different story. start from OTA to 108. (device C6802)
1. > flash Cm11 boot.img > reboot recovery > backup > flash cm11-snapshot : NO IMEI BASEBAND UNKNOWN.
2. > Downgrade to *.290 generic > fastboot cm11 boot > reboot recovery > flash via cwm cm11-snapshot : NO IMEI BASEBAND UNKNOWN
3. > Flashtool *.532 (4.2.2) > fastboot cm10-2 boot > reboot recovery > flash via cwm 10-2 cm / 11-cm (and any customs) ROM : NO IMEI BASEBAND UNKNOWN .... :confused:
4. > Fastboot any kernel with recovery > reboot recovery > cwm Gpe_Port : IMEI AND BASEBAND AVAILABLE (No Problem). only annoying my device turn to C6806 ... :D

Now I can only use ANY STOCK(s) or Gpe_Port customs. Other custom rom will ended with NO IMEO BASEBAND UNKNOWN

MY SOLUTION

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downgrade Via Flashtool

Well today i found out after getting tired of this trying to root 4.3 i decided to use a custom rom again.

Guess what happend...

No custom rom works anymore as imei magically dissapears. It only returns if you ... guess what...

Use Sony 4.3.

Well thank you very much Sony assholes for updating s1boot and making it irreversibel.

Luckily it seem that it might be able to get fixed with new proprietary blobs but that will maybe take some time for some dev's to add on their builds.

Are you trying to downgrade with Flashtool?, cause in Xperia Z1 is the same, the IMEI goes to 00000 but when you downgrade to 4.2.2 exclude the baseband and everything is ok and then you can flash your custom rom.......
    i could kiss yo dawg :D

Thanks!!!
    you might mark the OP as SOLVED and list the solution ;)
    u and me both... if i jump to a older FTF i get imei 000000000

But if i jump to the newest before 4.3 i get imei 0

and excluding baseband didnt work... so no its not solved.

I went from 290 to 532 without baseband and lost IMIE.

Flashed 290 WITH baseband and now have imei back. :good:
    Yes!! Oh lord yes!!

I found a backed up nandroid on my computer! I knew I had one somewhere!

Just a thought, if I restore that and it fix my phone, is there a chance I can create a new nandroid without my personal info and share to other ppl so they can come back to old 4.2.2?

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk 4

I want to say yes, but I can't :p Im not sure, but I would think so, yes.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk