Paranoid Android S3?

Search This thread

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Just wondering if you guys have a Paranoid Android ROM. I'm looking to buy the Gnex or the S3 but I'm wondering about that.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
Air Kernel (Week 182 - Voodoo)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)
Deep Idle (On - Deadline)
Black Exodus (Inverted apps)

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Yes we do. it's in the Original Development section. But it's still really buggy. if you're looking to upgrade from a Nexus phone...i'd suggest going the same route with the Nexus series. Although, our S3 is also full of great devs.

Last edited:

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Yes we do. it's in the Original Development section. But it's still really buggy. if you're looking to upgrade from a Nexus phone...i'd suggest going the same route with the Nexus series. Although, our S3 is also full of great devs.

Ah, I'm geared to the Gnex right now. The development in the S3 doesn't seem the same. Maybe I'm just not used to TW.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
I have both devices and even though development isnt as big as the nexus you got to think the gs3 just came out a little while ago give it some time. The s3 is faster and with all the features i find myself reverting back to it. But then again it is your choice and if u are really into flashing a **** load of roms the gnex is where its at.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I have both devices and even though development isnt as big as the nexus you got to think the gs3 just came out a little while ago give it some time. The s3 is faster and with all the features i find myself reverting back to it. But then again it is your choice and if u are really into flashing a **** load of roms the gnex is where its at.
I see Development in the Gnex forums as a bunch of kangs with tiny different not really noticeable changes... Just different names, colors and such lol. Kernel and mods though yes, definitely looks like a whole much more capability there. We have reports of a few other devs that are thinking about jumping ship to our side with the advanced hardware and such, and Qualcomm releasing drivers and code, I see development just beginning for us.

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
I see Development in the Gnex forums as a bunch of kangs with tiny different not really noticeable changes... Just different names, colors and such lol. Kernel and mods though yes, definitely looks like a whole much more capability there. We have reports of a few other devs that are thinking about jumping ship to our side with the advanced hardware and such, and Qualcomm releasing drivers and code, I see development just beginning for us.

I might just wait for the newest Nexus..... Google updates right away and the quickest growing development (in my opinion). I just don't really see the S3 getting development comparable with the Gnex let alone the next Nexus.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
I'm currently job searching so by the time I land something in a few months after I'll have a enough. (I want to have double the price for any if the phone for savings). Man, it is hard to get a first job. Haha.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I might just wait for the newest Nexus..... Google updates right away and the quickest growing development (in my opinion). I just don't really see the S3 getting development comparable with the Gnex let alone the next Nexus.

Then why did you even include the S3 into consideration? :confused:

Hardware wise...the S3 > the GNex

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Then why did you even include the S3 into consideration? :confused:

Hardware wise...the S3 > the GNex

I was thinking about the massive hardware.

And I was thinking Paranoid Android might work on the WIND SGS3.

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)

elterible

Jan 21, 2009
Chicago, IL
Been running the PA ROM since release (8/10) and i think it's great.

There are definitely some bugs but i would say half of them are due to the early nature of CM10 and JB and not the PA ROM itself. most of the tablet/phablet/hybrid features work great and is definitely daily driver worthy IMO

Here are some of the bugs i noticed:

1. Sometimes after a configuration change, the system asks me for a SIM unlock code. At first i was afraid i lost my IMEI but after i clicked dismiss, it works fine (this only happened a few times after initial flash but hasn't happened since)

2. Wifi toggle in tablet mode seems broken. People have said a re-DL/re-flash fixes but i prefer phablet mode anyway

3. Battery percentage in tablet mode doesn't show when enabled

4. Sometimes after switching modes, my screen goes black. After a manual soft reset (hold down power for like 10 sec), boots up fine in new mode. The "sleep-of-death" will also happen to me randomly sometimes

dig through the dev thread though. some others have reported bugs like unable to send texts/make calls or other potential deal-breakers but none of these happen to me. if you do jump ship, flash with TWRP (almost perfect results from what i can tell using TWRP instead of CWM, with no reported incidents of IMEI loss)

This is in addition to the normal bugs you will find in the CM10 nightlies. I've read that a lot of those bugs have been addressed in more recent nightly builds so hopefully we get an updated ROM soon!

Overall i am LOVING PA

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
Been running the PA ROM since release (8/10) and i think it's great.

There are definitely some bugs but i would say half of them are due to the early nature of CM10 and JB and not the PA ROM itself. most of the tablet/phablet/hybrid features work great and is definitely daily driver worthy IMO

Here are some of the bugs i noticed:

1. Sometimes after a configuration change, the system asks me for a SIM unlock code. At first i was afraid i lost my IMEI but after i clicked dismiss, it works fine (this only happened a few times after initial flash but hasn't happened since)

2. Wifi toggle in tablet mode seems broken. People have said a re-DL/re-flash fixes but i prefer phablet mode anyway

3. Battery percentage in tablet mode doesn't show when enabled

4. Sometimes after switching modes, my screen goes black. After a manual soft reset (hold down power for like 10 sec), boots up fine in new mode. The "sleep-of-death" will also happen to me randomly sometimes

dig through the dev thread though. some others have reported bugs like unable to send texts/make calls or other potential deal-breakers but none of these happen to me. if you do jump ship, flash with TWRP (almost perfect results from what i can tell using TWRP instead of CWM, with no reported incidents of IMEI loss)

This is in addition to the normal bugs you will find in the CM10 nightlies. I've read that a lot of those bugs have been addressed in more recent nightly builds so hopefully we get an updated ROM soon!

Overall i am LOVING PA

But would it work on the WIND version...?

Nexus S. (GSM i9020a)
Paranoid (1.97a - 4.1.1)
SmartassV2 (1000/200)

sc2ascend

Mar 6, 2012
Toronto
Any Rom from t-mobile section that doesn't include radios/modem or whatever it is works on wind. I'm on wind rooted and using sonic team Rom.

Sent from my SGH-T9x99 using Tapatalk 2