[HOW TO][Windows] Manually Deodex For Holiday ICS

Search This thread

bananacakes

May 19, 2010
Seoul
This is mod for ODEXED ICS based ROMs. When using the Dsxida's kitchen, there was a slight problem. so I made some modifications to AutoDEOTool

Manually Deodexing :

to decompil an odex file you needs the BOOTCLASSPATH..
It is a list in specific order of some framework .jar files..
It is different in function of the APKs

Run AutoDEOToolMain.bat

1.Place the JARs and corresponding ODEX files in the directory "_framework".
Otherwise, place deodexed framework JARs into the directory "deodexed_JAR".
2.Place the APKs and corresponding ODEX files in the directory "_app".
3. To deodex framework files
-For non standard odex however a specific bootclass path must be defined..
-select to 6
place the bootclass path for framework
Code:
core.jar:core-junit.jar:bouncycastle.jar:ext.jar:framework.jar:widget.jar:android.policy.jar:services.jar:apache-xml.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:filterfw.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:wimax.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar
4.To deodex APKs files for at&t vivid
-select to 4
place the bootclass path for APKs files
Code:
am.jar:android.policy.jar:android.test.runner.jar:apache-xml.jar:bmgr.jar:bouncycastle.jar:bu.jar:com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar:com.android.location.provider.jar:com.cequint.platform.jar:com.discretix.drm.api.jar:com.google.android.maps.jar:com.google.android.media.effects.jar:com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:com.htc.htcSceneManager.jar:com.htc.lockscreen.fusion.jar:com.htc.sunny2.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.qik.enabler.jar:com.scalado.caps.jar:com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:core.jar:core-junit.jar:ext.jar:filterfw.jar:framework.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:ime.jar:input.jar:javax.obex.jar:modemwarmup.jar:monkey.jar:pm.jar:services.jar:svc.jar:widget.jar:wimax.jar

4.To deodex APKs files for velocity
-select to 4
Code:
am.jar:android.policy.jar:android.test.runner.jar:apache-xml.jar:bmgr.jar:bouncycastle.jar:bu.jar:com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar:com.android.location.provider.jar:com.discretix.drm.api.jar:com.google.android.maps.jar:com.google.android.media.effects.jar:com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:com.htc.htcSceneManager.jar:com.htc.lockscreen.fusion.jar:com.htc.sunny2.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.scalado.caps.jar:com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:core.jar:core-junit.jar:ext.jar:filterfw.jar:framework.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:ime.jar:input.jar:javax.obex.jar:modemwarmup.jar:monkey.jar:pm.jar:services.jar:svc.jar:widget.jar:wimax.jar

Credits and thanks goes to:
xavierjohn22 auto DEODEXTOOL
XDA-Developers
Football
Too many people
The 'No Idea' Blog

Attachments

• AutoDEOTool_ICSForHoliday.rar
    7.7 MB · Views: 4,357
Last edited:
L

lmftmf

Sorry if this posted in the wrong place but whats the process for getting the deodexed apks back onto the phone? I'm running the stock ICS OTA rooted.

bananacakes

May 19, 2010
Seoul
Sorry if this posted in the wrong place but whats the process for getting the deodexed apks back onto the phone? I'm running the stock ICS OTA rooted.

This manual was written in order to develop more easy deodexed rom..
if you want to getting the pure deodexed ROM, You need to have a separate build process..

L

lmftmf

I tried pushing the files back to the phone and it caused alot of problems so im guessing that i would have to learn how to build roms then. lol

valve timing

May 27, 2010
I wish someone would just deodex the stock ics. I know wildchild has a deo version but its also stripped of a lot of the stock goodies the Rom comes with

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

valve timing

May 27, 2010
thats a bit above my skill level i dont wanna risk effing something up im not a dev in any way shape or form

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
I'm working on getting a stock, rooted de-odexed ROM up tonight if I can.

EDIT: Uploading now. I'll be starting a new thread. Also, I don't want to take anything away from bananacakes here. His tutorial is very good and if you plan on building anything ROM-related, you should get familiar with the process.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: pauley

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
You sir are amazing. Not only did this work like a charm but also pointing to the autodeo tool and the other tools in that thread. Thank you for your continued effort

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is mod for ODEXED ICS based ROMs. When using the Dsxida's kitchen, there was a slight problem. so I made some modifications to AutoDEOTool

Manually Deodexing :

to decompil an odex file you needs the BOOTCLASSPATH..
    It is a list in specific order of some framework .jar files..
    It is different in function of the APKs

Run AutoDEOToolMain.bat

1.Place the JARs and corresponding ODEX files in the directory "_framework".
    Otherwise, place deodexed framework JARs into the directory "deodexed_JAR".
    2.Place the APKs and corresponding ODEX files in the directory "_app".
    3. To deodex framework files
    -For non standard odex however a specific bootclass path must be defined..
    -select to 6
    place the bootclass path for framework
    Code:
    core.jar:core-junit.jar:bouncycastle.jar:ext.jar:framework.jar:widget.jar:android.policy.jar:services.jar:apache-xml.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:filterfw.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:wimax.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar
    4.To deodex APKs files for at&t vivid
    -select to 4
    Code:
    am.jar:android.policy.jar:android.test.runner.jar:apache-xml.jar:bmgr.jar:bouncycastle.jar:bu.jar:com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar:com.android.location.provider.jar:com.cequint.platform.jar:com.discretix.drm.api.jar:com.google.android.maps.jar:com.google.android.media.effects.jar:com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:com.htc.htcSceneManager.jar:com.htc.lockscreen.fusion.jar:com.htc.sunny2.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.qik.enabler.jar:com.scalado.caps.jar:com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:core.jar:core-junit.jar:ext.jar:filterfw.jar:framework.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:ime.jar:input.jar:javax.obex.jar:modemwarmup.jar:monkey.jar:pm.jar:services.jar:svc.jar:widget.jar:wimax.jar

4.To deodex APKs files for velocity
    -select to 4
    Code:
    am.jar:android.policy.jar:android.test.runner.jar:apache-xml.jar:bmgr.jar:bouncycastle.jar:bu.jar:com.android.future.usb.accessory.jar:com.android.location.provider.jar:com.discretix.drm.api.jar:com.google.android.maps.jar:com.google.android.media.effects.jar:com.google.widevine.software.drm.jar:com.htc.android.bluetooth.jar:com.htc.android.rosie.jar:com.htc.framework.jar:com.htc.fusion.fx.jar:com.htc.htcSceneManager.jar:com.htc.lockscreen.fusion.jar:com.htc.sunny2.jar:com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar:com.scalado.caps.jar:com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:core.jar:core-junit.jar:ext.jar:filterfw.jar:framework.jar:HTCDev.jar:HTCExtension.jar:ime.jar:input.jar:javax.obex.jar:modemwarmup.jar:monkey.jar:pm.jar:services.jar:svc.jar:widget.jar:wimax.jar

Credits and thanks goes to:
    xavierjohn22 auto DEODEXTOOL
    XDA-Developers
    Football
    Too many people
    The 'No Idea' Blog
    I wish someone would just deodex the stock ics. I know wildchild has a deo version but its also stripped of a lot of the stock goodies the Rom comes with

You have a tut right here!! Lol

I'm working on getting a stock, rooted de-odexed ROM up tonight if I can.

EDIT: Uploading now. I'll be starting a new thread. Also, I don't want to take anything away from bananacakes here. His tutorial is very good and if you plan on building anything ROM-related, you should get familiar with the process.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app