4G Touchpad + CM9 Any Rom Supporting 4G Yet?

Search This thread

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
I wasn't even aware there was a 4g Touchpad. But I haven't read anything about any of the roms supporting it.

Reactions: mrtomaso

aacero

Mar 9, 2012
New York
4G touchpad exists!

I hadn't heard of it either, but apparently some do exist! From a Business Insider 2011 article (can't post the link b/c I'm a newbie): HP's 4G TouchPad Sneaks On To Amazon For $700 Before The Official Launch

sd_matto

Jun 27, 2006
Would love to see this as well!!

Any thoughts on what needs to happen to make rom support of the 4G's cellular radio happen? It is such a waste of my 21MBps cellular radio on my Faux G Touchpad to not have this functionality enabled in Android. Having this functionality enabled would make this the best Android tablet on the market (IMHO).

Happy to make reasonable donation if that will help move the project forward.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
Any thoughts on what needs to happen to make rom support of the 4G's cellular radio happen? It is such a waste of my 21MBps cellular radio on my Faux G Touchpad to not have this functionality enabled in Android. Having this functionality enabled would make this the best Android tablet on the market (IMHO).

Happy to make reasonable donation if that will help move the project forward.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

It would be right at or near the top if they turned on the GPS, 4G and fixed Wifi. My Transformer Prime is cool, but no 4G, and the GPS and Wifi antennas are a little flakey. BTW, I just tweeted the Rootzwiki team to see wassup on TP 4G.

Twack

haxin

Nov 25, 2011
las vegas
www.702wifi.com
ok so it shouldnt be the rom it should be how your telephony settings are configured for your carrier. I'm using cm9.0.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha2.

a nice easy way to get to these options that i prefer is by using elixr2 from the play store. here are some screen shots of what settings you can configure for your specific carrier. or you could always edit the properties

Attachments

• shot_000010.jpg
    shot_000010.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 86
  • shot_000011.jpg
    shot_000011.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 81
  • shot_000013.jpg
    shot_000013.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 76
  • shot_000014.jpg
    shot_000014.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 69
  • shot_000015.jpg
    shot_000015.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 77
  • shot_000016.jpg
    shot_000016.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
ok so it shouldnt be the rom it should be how your telephony settings are configured for your carrier. I'm using cm9.0.0.0-RC0-Touchpad-alpha2.

a nice easy way to get to these options that i prefer is by using elixr2 from the play store. here are some screen shots of what settings you can configure for your specific carrier. or you could always edit the properties

Are you saying that you have a 4G touchpad running CM9 and using its GSM radio?

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
I tried creating a profile. It will let me create and save all need attributes until the MCC and MNC. If I set those it will delete the saved profile.
I'm not getting it :confused:

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
Youre talking about when youre setting the APN values?

Yes. Here is the settings for AT&T: you can save profile until you set the MCC. Then the APN list is blank again.

AT&T:
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: [Leave Blank]
Port: [Leave Blank]
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: [Leave Blank]

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

haxin

Nov 25, 2011
las vegas
www.702wifi.com
Ok thats because only system apps can change apn settings, if youre using elixr2 you have to convert it o a system app.

Attachments

• elixir_2.15_feature_2_1.jpg
    elixir_2.15_feature_2_1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 66
  • elixir_2.15_feature_2_2.jpg
    elixir_2.15_feature_2_2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 65

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
Ok thats because only system apps can change apn settings, if youre using elixr2 you have to convert it o a system app.

OK... I'm going to ask the questions again.

(saying it slowly) Has..... anyone.... got..... 4G..... working.... on.... their.... CM9 Alpha 2..... HP Touchpad..... yet....?

Pick one (Y for "Yes", or N for "no")

I appreciate theoretical settings. But until I see someone with it working (screen capture) tis another unicorn.

For any Sheldons out there that is sarcasm... :D

Alarbus

Aug 27, 2010
Vermont
Given the rarity and cost of the 4g Touchpad, I'd guess your chances of seeing it working fully with Android as somewhere between None and Zero. All Touchpads have cameras, and there aren't working drivers for that, and I'd wager that's a bit more in demand.

It's a work:results thing. Best options are a) miracle, b) learn to write your own drivers for it.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The HP TouchPad 4G is very rare. So rare that I dont think they even released it like they did the WiFi version. I dont know whats more rare. The 4G version or the TouchPad Go. Chances of it working now are slim since no one really owns one. A lot of the developers are over on RootzWiki. Maybe try asking there. It could be something as easy as changing some code in some random file. But I wouldn't know. Good Luck.

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
There's nothing theoretical about having to have correct apn settings for your carrier. Its sorta important. Like it or not youre going to have to set them.

Does the phone need to be on to set them? I tried looking through the peep-hole on the back of the phone to see if they're set in there but I can;t see them. I guess I need glasses.

Haxin,
what carrier do you have on your 4g touchpad?

usarmy13b

Jul 3, 2013
I just bought a new factory sealed HP Touchpad with 4g and wanted to know if anyone made any ROMs that enable the 4G. I've already checked at Root wiki and no mention of it.
Thanks in advance.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
OK... I'm going to ask the questions again.

(saying it slowly) Has..... anyone.... got..... 4G..... working.... on.... their.... CM9 Alpha 2..... HP Touchpad..... yet....?

Pick one (Y for "Yes", or N for "no")

I appreciate theoretical settings. But until I see someone with it working (screen capture) tis another unicorn.

For any Sheldons out there that is sarcasm... :D

DELETE

EDIT: jcsullins beat me to the punch

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wasn't even aware there was a 4g Touchpad. But I haven't read anything about any of the roms supporting it.