[ROM]'First March update: XXLC1 Firmware Available

Search This thread

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
That's what Odin/Mobile Odin is for my friend.

Swyped from my finger, to your face on my Samsung Galaxy Note, using Tapatalk!

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Is there any difference in the firmware ?
Will be good to get my uk handset back on open Europe firmware so kids will work for ics

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Is there any difference in the firmware ?
Will be good to get my uk handset back on open Europe firmware so kids will work for ics

It's just this second finished downloading, got to back everything up before I install so I wont know really until tomorrow. I'm sure someone will have an opinion on it soon.

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I suppose that the CODE file is the zip to download ?

Anyway, can we keep the data.img from getting flashed, so I won't loose my stuff ?

I'm sure one of the tallented guys here at XDA will make CWM flashable file out of it anyway! Giving you the option to wipe it or not, so you could wait a few days to see if one does get made, before going the Odin route, they'll be mini reviews by then too. Although I personally think there wont be too much difference between this and the last update.

Last edited:

rodjordan

Dec 5, 2008
Flashed with mobile Odin on my German note. Restored my data partition with clockwork mod. All seems ok. No data lost. Cool

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

ripnetuk

Aug 25, 2006
Root broken?

Hi,
just flashed the march update, and it seems the DooMLoRD_v1_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su root doesnt work anymore :(

gonna flash back to old rom, so i can restore titanium backup, the install clockworkmod and backup data then back to new rom...
g

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Hi,
just flashed the march update, and it seems the DooMLoRD_v1_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su root doesnt work anymore :(

gonna flash back to old rom, so i can restore titanium backup, the install clockworkmod and backup data then back to new rom...
g

Yeah, pretty much every update since around December has been unrootable using those methods. Mobile Odin is your better option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dunno if it was there in previous firmwares (I doubt), but after I upgraded to LC1 (German version was luckily non-wipe), I found in my S-Memo settings a tickbox to make it sensitive only to S-Pen, not to fingers or hands: palm rejection, eventually! Rejoice! :D
    http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4416&page=2

Differences
    1. keyboard error fixed(for korean... typing 가1이 is repeat 가, so result 가1가이)
    2. S memo is better than LB1. so faster and sensitive.
    3. antutu benchmark is lower score(6300->6000)
    4. so smooth, almost no lag.
    5. ##Fixed contrast problem. there is no rendering issue(http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1430847). If your note were black wallpaper, it would not show you lockscreen banding anymore.
    Just look lc1(german) in detail, following apk are upgraded (from lb2)

Kies air
    Kobo
    S memo
    S memo lite
    Zinio

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    don't know if I was just lucky, but I upgraded OTA today from KKA to LC1, and I kept root by hiding with Voodoo OTA rootkeeper before starting the upgrade.

Upgrade went fine and I was then able to restore root from OTA rootkeeper immediately afterward. Maybe it's because I had previously flashed back from CF-root to the stock KKA kernel in order to be able to run Skygo?

Would appreciate any answers on this - as when ICS eventually arrives, I'd really like to know whether OTA rootkeeper will work for me again :)

The OTA update to LC1 doesn't remove root anyway (in fact, no OTA update to date removed root, I did every one available in germany and never have I lost root), only updates via Kies remove root. If this will still be the case for the ICS update we will have to wait and see.
    Nevermind, thanks for no help. Fixed problem myself.

This never happens when I flash with CWM, mobile odin is useless to me.

Mobile Odin rocks.... learn how to use it. Prob was human error
    Thanks for no help? Chainfire has support threads he responds to within an hour usually. Kernel contains the recovery so.. flashing new rom with stock kernel....what do you expect? Hope you learned something from all this