Charging overnight?

Search This thread

Xernoxis

Jun 6, 2012
Akershus
That's a myth. The cost is mariginal if you take into account how much energy the whole manufacturing process does consume.

How is that a myth? Say they save 50 cent per charging and they have 1 mill products, that's 500k savings. Even big companies aren't that stupid.

Sent fra min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Alright that's good to know. my phone is charging right now but its quite cold. Guess the over heating problem was in some devices only.

I thought the overheating problem only occured when recording in 4K. I haven't had any issues with heat except when recording long sessions.

Sent from my D6503

So your phones don't get hot when you text listen to music or whatsoever, not Playing games though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've done this with all my smartphones. My s3 have charged almost every night for two years. It still lasts a day. I don't think it harms charging it over night.

Sent fra min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk
    I can quite believe that that expert knows what he is talking about, however, surely the person that has designed the battery charging circuit will be in the best position to understand the workings of the battery?

Why would they design something that is harmful to the battery in normal use?

As an electrical engineer I'd like to point out that having the battery charged is the best you can do if you're using an lithium-ion battery. I read a lot of nonsense in the Internet regarding this matter. Only if you'd like to keep the battery unused for a long time it's good practice to keep it at ~50% (that's why the manufacturers do not charge the battery to 100% when it comes out of the factory).

But you don't have to believe me, it's your battery. Who cares? :p