How to flash with a low battery

Search This thread

marinegundoctor

Nov 21, 2011
Iowa
My 'charger' I'm using is nothing more than cutting the end off of a usb cable, stripping the red and black wires bare, and twisting them so the strands are tightly twisted. Then I carefully stick the red into the positive pin slot of the battery and the black into the negative. I then insert the battery into the phone and snap the cover on. Plugging the usb into a charger makes the phone think it's fully charged so I can flash.
I just wanted to put this here in case anyone has a low battery and needs to flash. If anyone needs more info/help let me know.

ShadyDreamer

Mar 5, 2014
There is a special cable you can get with special wiring, often referred to as a Motorola factory cable, that can power the phone through the regular charging port instead of using it to charge, and that can also be used for basically the same purpose as what you did. There are multiple places online to buy these. It is another option for those who don't want to modify cables themselves.

ShadyDreamer

Mar 5, 2014
I was considering posting some warning about that cable, but found this page I'd previously read with various precautions and warnings and other info, I think written by the person who released the schematic for the cable: http://www.shop.teamblackhat.info/Factory-style-programming-cable-for-Motorola-FactCable.htm

There may be more phones it works with than those listed, but personally I'd only use it with ones people somewhere have reported that it works with.