Few general questions..

Search This thread

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
Questions:

- I copied over a few mp3's. In the HTC music app I see there is a way to turn off getting album art, etc. Anyway, out of 10 songs, 3 of them got tagged with correct album art, correct band. The rest show up in an unknown folder. Any way to stop or fix it? Now that I turned off album art, should I delete the songs and put them back again?

- I have a 1,5A car charger. Do you think it's safe to use mp3 and GPS for an 8 hour drive or do you think I'm best to stick with just GPS? I'm not using bluetooth as I only have 3.5mm jack in my car.

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
Questions:

- I copied over a few mp3's. In the HTC music app I see there is a way to turn off getting album art, etc. Anyway, out of 10 songs, 3 of them got tagged with correct album art, correct band. The rest show up in an unknown folder. Any way to stop or fix it? Now that I turned off album art, should I delete the songs and put them back again?

- I have a 1,5A car charger. Do you think it's safe to use mp3 and GPS for an 8 hour drive or do you think I'm best to stick with just GPS? I'm not using bluetooth as I only have 3.5mm jack in my car.

1 - id force stop the music app and clear all data from it and when you reopen it turn off album art and see if you get no album art anyways, it could be that your mp3 have meta data that contain the album art.

2 - i see no problem with this..are you concerned about heat? or it drawing too much power? I've never had an issue doing both of the above mentioned things and using a charger, go for it. Ive driven from NY to TX using gps and audio through my car through 3.5 and never had any issues with any phones i had.

Last edited:

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
Thanks. Will try your music suggestion soon as I get home.

As for the power question, I had an HTC EVO and the GPS used to draw more power than the charger provided. Granted its been years since I've really used a car charger because most of my drives have been short. Not to mention this runs newer Android.

Today I left work, my phone was 100%. I drove for an hour using GPS, took 5 or 6 pictures, used GPS for another hour, here I am about 5 minutes from home am at 24%.

In my OP I said wrong.. I don't have a charger yet. Will have to see if radio shack has a 1.5a in stock. Most places only carry 1a.

1 - id force stop the music app and clear all data from it and when you reopen it turn off album art and see if you get no album art anyways, it could be that your mp3 have meta data that contain the album art.

2 - i see no problem with this..are you concerned about heat? or it drawing too much power? I've never had an issue doing both of the above mentioned things and using a charger, go for it. Ive driven from NY to TX using gps and audio through my car through 3.5 and never had any issues with any phones i had.

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston
Thanks. Will try your music suggestion soon as I get home.

As for the power question, I had an HTC EVO and the GPS used to draw more power than the charger provided. Granted its been years since I've really used a car charger because most of my drives have been short. Not to mention this runs newer Android.

Today I left work, my phone was 100%. I drove for an hour using GPS, took 5 or 6 pictures, used GPS for another hour, here I am about 5 minutes from home am at 24%.

In my OP I said wrong.. I don't have a charger yet. Will have to see if radio shack has a 1.5a in stock. Most places only carry 1a.

Go to target they have dual USB car chargers that work great! They are about $15-20 but the brand is Griffen and they work very well and will be more than enough to keep your phone charged and at the very least... Keep it from discharging they are in a sorta basic red and white or range and white thin box in their electronic depr

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Go to target they have dual USB car chargers that work great! They are about $15-20 but the brand is Griffen and they work very well and will be more than enough to keep your phone charged and at the very least... Keep it from discharging they are in a sorta basic red and white or range and white thin box in their electronic depr

They look like this! And believe they are 2 amps

deakelem

Jul 29, 2012
Houston

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

They look like this! And believe they are 2 amps
Ugh..trouble adding pic

Attachments

• IMAG0133_1.jpg
    IMAG0133_1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 56

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
Problem is those chargers usually put out 2A or more. People here reported overheating, screen problems, and bricking their phones when used with a charger of higher amp. Also might be due to some crappy Chinese brand. Who knows.

yuppicide

Mar 11, 2013
1 - I managed to get a 1.5a car charger online for under $5 with shipping.

2 - I can't figure out the damn music thing. I just copied over a bunch of songs.. all of them are displaying a picture of the Bee Gee's lol! The songs are hardcore music.. not even close to the same genre. Driving me crazy.

BlackJin10dan

Aug 29, 2010
Maryland
2 - I can't figure out the damn music thing. I just copied over a bunch of songs.. all of them are displaying a picture of the Bee Gee's lol! The songs are hardcore music.. not even close to the same genre. Driving me crazy.

Test your music.problem on a different music app or an (shudder) Apple. See what happens.

Send me your Bee Gees songs. Problem solved. lol