[Q] Updated firmware - now aux cable in car not recognised

Search This thread

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
My M8 (originally a UK Three unlocked phone) has suddenly stopped recognising my car aux cable and now music plays through the phone loudspeaker and will not play through the car stereo.

Phone was already rooted and running ARHD ROM 8.1 with no such problem.
The Aux cable etc works absolutely fine with other devices and worked with this phone until yesterday.

Here's what I have done yesterday....

Attempted to S-Off using Firewater = 'Whelp...no luck"
S-Off achieved with Sunshine
Change CID to 11111111
Updated FW to 2.22.401.4

Updated ROM to ARHD 10.1

Then started the problems...

When I plug my phone into my car aux cable it now only plays music over the phones own speakers.. it will not recognise that the aux cable is plugged in and will not play through my car stereo.

I have since tried re-installing the rom, and doing a full wipe both aroma and in Philz recovery (wipe to install a new ROM option).

Still no luck.

I guessed it could be ROM related so downloaded and installed Insert Coin latest version 4.0.0 and the problem remains.

Can anyone shed any light on this - any solutions?

Thanks,:crying:

420SYN

Sep 13, 2010
Chesley
My M8 (originally a UK Three unlocked phone) has suddenly stopped recognising my car aux cable and now music plays through the phone loudspeaker and will not play through the car stereo.

The Aux cable etc works absolutely fine with other devices and worked with this phone until yesterday.

Change CID to 11111111
Updated FW to 2.22.401.4

Updated ROM to ARHD 10.1

When I plug my phone into my car aux cable it now only plays music over the phones own speakers.. it will not recognise that the aux cable is plugged in and will not play through my car stereo.

I have since tried re-installing the rom, and doing a full wipe both aroma and in Philz recovery (wipe to install a new ROM option).

Still no luck.

I guessed it could be ROM related so downloaded and installed Insert Coin latest version 4.0.0 and the problem remains.

You could try reflashing firmware. Run The command twice flash firmware.

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT
If it were me, I'd fastboot eom rebootRUU and reflash a firmware zip in smeakyghost or vomers thread then fastboot erase cache reboot recovery, flash ROM and see what happens

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: xxxxchrisxxxx

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
If it were me, I'd fastboot eom rebootRUU and reflash a firmware zip in smeakyghost or vomers thread then fastboot erase cache reboot recovery, flash ROM and see what happens

Thanks. I've tried this now and still the same problem using the firmware in post 2 from the Vomers guide thread.

Tearing my hair out with this now. Any more ideas? can i push an older FW back to the device using fast boot just the same way that I updated it?

Is that even a good idea?

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
Thanks. I've tried this now and still the same problem using the firmware in post 2 from the Vomers guide thread.

Tearing my hair out with this now. Any more ideas? can i push an older FW back to the device using fast boot just the same way that I updated it?

Is that even a good idea?

Fixed it. Reflashed ARHD 8.1 which is based upon Android 4.4.2.
I haven't changed my firmware again, although in the 'about' section it shows as build number 1.54.401.10 (haven't been back into fast boot to 'getvar' and check in there...
I'm confused now... appears my firmware has rolled back... ? anyway,... at least its working.
I'd like to update my ROM to a more recent one but keep losing the sound via aux cable when i do.

syaoran68

Jul 31, 2008
Irvine, CA

Change CID to 11111111
Updated FW to 2.22.401.4

Updated ROM to ARHD 10.1

Still no luck.

i would try testing with some head phones. normally software cant really brick the headphone jack. so i'd try that first to make sure the jack is physically working. when you plug headphones in your phone should recognize the headphones being plugged in. if not your jack might be busted.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Fixed it. Reflashed ARHD 8.1 which is based upon Android 4.4.2.
I haven't changed my firmware again, although in the 'about' section it shows as build number 1.54.401.10 (haven't been back into fast boot to 'getvar' and check in there...
I'm confused now... appears my firmware has rolled back... ? anyway,... at least its working.
I'd like to update my ROM to a more recent one but keep losing the sound via aux cable when i do.

The Build Number listed in Settings>About is just the ROM/OS build. This will change whenever you flash a ROM. Since ARHD 8.1 is based on the 1.54 stock ROM, it will say 1.54 there. This has nothing to do with the firmware package you flashed, and there is no way to check that in settings.

The only number that changes when you do the firmware package flash is the hboot number, which can be checking on the bootloader screen or getvar all. I'm actually not sure what hboot number goes with the latest firmware package, you'll have to research that. But find that out, and checking if your device is on that hboot number is a good way (probably the only way) to confirm the firmware package installed correctly.

Note that the hboot number is always different from the OS build number. Folks like to refer to the firmware package by the OS build number that it was deployed with, for instance "2.22 firmware" (meaning the firmware what was deployed with the 2.22 OTA); but really its the hboot number that you should pay attention to.

Last edited:

milky02

Mar 21, 2013
orange county, ca

Change CID to 11111111
Updated FW to 2.22.401.4

Updated ROM to ARHD 10.1

Still no luck.

I had the same problem, went from 8.1 to 10.1 and also used another sense 6 rom based off the new firmware. I had to downgrade back to 1.54.10 firmware and everything worked again. Bluetooth was also not working with all devices well. Those were the only 2 issues I could find. So far I have not found a solution. Staying put on older firmware until a fix is found.

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
Still no luck with this.
Have tried three different ROMs (4.4.3) and all have the same problem.

It's definitely software related as I've checked the hardware and it is fine.
Can anyone please offer some help with this?

ThePhoneGeek

May 13, 2012
An Undisclosed Location
I have had this problem as well when I loaded the new firmware and stock rom (to test Sprint WiFi calling). My BT headset works fine but my wired one does not on the 4.4.3 ROMs. Wen't back to my viper ROM and all is well.

MG

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
I have had this problem as well when I loaded the new firmware and stock rom (to test Sprint WiFi calling). My BT headset works fine but my wired one does not on the 4.4.3 ROMs. Wen't back to my viper ROM and all is well.

MG

Thanks for this. Definitely caused by 4.4.3
I'm now running Viper ROM on the updated firmware with no problems.

talpes

Mar 2, 2014
Beograd
Thanks for this. Definitely caused by 4.4.3
I'm now running Viper ROM on the updated firmware with no problems.

But did you downgraded it again on 1.54 or are you on 2.22 with Viper ROM, and which ROM "number" ?

I have the same problem, I updated the firmware on 2.22 and it says that my headphones are plugged in, my proximity sensor shuts the display off if I "touch" it and as far as I know it should only do that when I call someone. I have the ARHD 10.2 ROM ..

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
But did you downgraded it again on 1.54 or are you on 2.22 with Viper ROM, and which ROM "number" ?

I have the same problem, I updated the firmware on 2.22 and it says that my headphones are plugged in, my proximity sensor shuts the display off if I "touch" it and as far as I know it should only do that when I call someone. I have the ARHD 10.2 ROM ..

This is driving me round the bend now.

I am running the updated firmware still and as viper was based on 4.4.2 my car audio via aux cable worked fine

I have now updated to viper 2.3.0 ROM which is based on 4.4.3 and now again I have sound through the phones loudspeaker when plugged into my car aux cable but not via the cable to the car speakers.

This means I cannot update...

Please, please, please... Somebody help with a fix for this.

Thanks

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3
This is driving me round the bend now.

I am running the updated firmware still and as viper was based on 4.4.2 my car audio via aux cable worked fine

I have now updated to viper 2.3.0 ROM which is based on 4.4.3 and now again I have sound through the phones loudspeaker when plugged into my car aux cable but not via the cable to the car speakers.

This means I cannot update...

Please, please, please... Somebody help with a fix for this.

Thanks
run this command in fastboot and post it here "fastboot getvar /all"

xxxxchrisxxxx

Apr 29, 2007
Here is my 'getvar' details: -

C:\Users\macbook\Desktop\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.19.21331147A1.09G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 5e4b24e4
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.043s

Thanks.

talpes

Mar 2, 2014
Beograd
Here is my 'getvar' details: -

C:\Users\macbook\Desktop\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.18.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.19.21331147A1.09G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei: REMOVED
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 5e4b24e4
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.043s

Thanks.

Don't ask me how or why but it works again I don't know why and the proximity sensor had bugs because I installed elementalx and changed the gestures (it's on their website that it can causes problems if you change the stock gestures)

Sent from my One M8 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.