[Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 1.1.4 | 2.6.35.14 | 10/4/11

Search This thread

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Thanks, after a bit of flashing, wiping, reflashing, rewiping, it works. Now I can't reach frequencies like 1506 which I've always used with cyano. I'll flash and wipe and reflash again :D

Reactions: Crashdamage

skinnyveganboy

Apr 11, 2010
Victorville, CA
Great Kernel, love it so far. very fast at 768mhz. Not compatable with OC/UV Beater but I'll look into getting it to work with it.

Why didn't you implement Ondemand gov?

EDIT: Found a way to get tiamat to work with beater2. I had to manually change the virtuous oc governor to on demand from conservative.

Last edited:

virtualflyer

Mar 16, 2011
Keep getting two different problems with both 1.1.4 and 1.1.5
1.1.4: For example 18x-806Mhz ScreenOff 18x-18x. No problem. 18x-15xxMhz or 18x-2054Mhz ScreenOff 18x-18x. Right when turning on the screen it freezes and I have to put off the battery
1.1.5: Whenever I choose a high frequency it freezes and I have to put off the battery. this seems to be related to the phone trying to use values that are not compatible with the phone. Like many subfrequencies...

Can anyone helps me to resolve at least one of these so I can use the phone properly?

(with pershoot or 1.9ghz a phone as turbocharged as you I can't even load a video or a game...)

ah.. Last miui.

taney

Jan 30, 2007
Los Angeles
This kernel doesn't work with the latest cm7 commits. I have issues with audio (in/out). When i used stock cm7 kernel or pershoot, everything is fine.

I love everything about the kernel but without sound it's basically a tablet without sound. :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
    Also available for the Motorola Xoom​
    Tiamat kernels are designed for use on all ROMs that are built from the AOSP source code. This includes ROMs built from MIUI, CyanogenMod, and others.
    Tiamat receives no support for use with ROMs based on HTC's Sense - use at your own risk.
    Tiamat Kernels

You can find full details about Tiamat Kernels at our website. The site is up and running and serves as a more centralized location to get updates, downloads, and changelogs for all Tiamat Kernels. There is no forum or Registration, it’s just a more convenient way to keep things organized as we work to add support for more devices.​
    Support
    Join the Tiamat Kernel developers on IRC at irc.freenode.net, #tiamat. Support and questions are generally handled faster there than the forums. You can easily join via webchat here.​
    Special Thanks to:
    toastcfh, slayher and the CyanogenMod team for the base kernels and everything else they do for the Android community
    bcnice20 for generally being awesome
    TeamWin for also generally being awesome
    netarchy, chad0989, cuviper, and invisiblek for some great code
    intersectRaven and redstar3894 for the Mjolnir compiler
    JasonK75 for updating threads​
    Why would I think about going that high in the first place when it's obvious it doesn't work? So basicly you are saying that this kernel, which was made for the g2 and the evo shift, has the wrong chip set? ROFL, that in itself is a lame excuse. If it was stable or didn't lock up instantly I would say sure it's a good idea to have it there. I guess you like having clock speeds there that you can't use. This kernel is supposed to be for this phone and for many others. If your going to make a kernel that is specific for one or more devices at least put realistic options that are found to work and be stable. Oherwise it should be called beta. To me this looks like a quick kernel port from faux123, but that's just my opinion. Maybe a few other things were added in, but prob not much.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App
    You clearly have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. When I say that not every chip is the same, I mean that two pieces of silicone that roll off the assembly line right next to each other WILL have different capabilities. That is the case with any CPU of any sort manufactured by any company at any point in history. Qualcomm tests each chip is makes to ensure that it is capable of performing at a particular speed. A chip that fails at 1.9Ghz but is still going to make the cut when they are only promising 800Mhz. This means that while you and your device cannot overclock to 1.9+Ghz, the person standing next to you with the exact same device might me able to.

Also keep in mind that the DesireZ/G2 use the EXACT same kernel as the DHD/Inspire 4G and MT4G. The chips in those devices are guaranteed up to 1.0Ghz (already 25% faster than the DZ/G2) and tend to be a bit more stable at the higher reaches. I am not going to hamstring those users because some DZ/G2 users cant understand how to not increase the limit beyond a certain point. Its not like I set 1.9Ghz as the default clock speed -- you have to choose to do that all on your own.

The ability of a particular device to overclock to a particular speed has some to do with the kernel, but is mostly dependent on the physical characteristics of the hardware in the device. That's not an excuse. That's just the way it is.
    I tried hitting 2.0 on this same kernel in the evo shift thread and it froze for me as well. The response for reporting it was the same, so I wouldn't expect much support other then blaming things on the chips ect.

@OP, it doesn't seem like you even have any of these devices to test these kernels on...or you didn't even test them. Otherwise instead of making up lame excuses as to why our phones are locking up at these high clock speeds, perhaps you should at least test the kernel on your own device, or have someone else test it before releasing? Or at least put beta in the title...

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

seriously? coming from a pyromod dev? what a joke.
    How's battery life on this, in general, when compared to Pershoot kernels? I'm not familiar with Tiamat, hence why I ask.
    Honestly, Pershoots battery life is better.
    Nah, I don't run Sense ROMs. I made sure this was AOSP :) I was talking about this ROM, realized later that I was pretty vague...

The official release ROM from T-Mobile isn't an AOSP ROM either. It might be close, but it's got a bunch of changes under the hood. If I remember correctly, the Cyanogenmod team said that there were still a number of "Sense" components lurking in the stock G2 ROM. (This was regarding the original, but I imagine the same is true of the updates.)

Although the kernel might run, you'll experience random lock ups, as well as problems with Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth, and possibly even Video playback.

As far as I have been able to tell, there is no stable O/C Kernel for the stock 2.3.3 or 2.3.4 ROMs yet.