[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
one hand operation? unchecked.

have you tried doing what i illustrated? anyway will try checking the one hand operation. actually i tried it but did not check the effect on the s pen's accuracy. i turned it off because keyboard went small.

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
done with upgrade. removing go launcher replacing it with apex.

so far no problems yet... will update in case i encounter issues. i hope wifi bug isnt here.

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
so far no issues yet. what im expecting is the wifi switch on bug like in s2.

samsungDrive was added. menu > settings > security. not sure yet what it does. storage? security? found in security so might be related to security.

Last edited:

samsungDrive was added. menu > settings > security. not sure yet what it does. storage? security? found in security so might be related to security.

Checked out SamsungDive.

Looks like a remote utility for wipes, etc. Although I haven't signed up yet. Will check it out later.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Kcube989

Mar 25, 2012
Las Piñas

You can use it to remotely control your device like locking/unlocking, data wipe, locating your phone etc.

vinninniv

Oct 23, 2010
I linked all my Samsung gadgets to Samsung Dive. It can track your device, lock, ring, wipe, etc. remotely. So yes, it is a great security tool. Your device must be connected to the internet, though. All you need is a Samsung account. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
guys question. i have a friend who has note N7000XXLPY. he got is as-is already. by reading the threads, it has unsafe kernel. how can i save it before it gets superbrick?

can i flash dxlp9 without wiping since pc odin will do the rest? please advise.

bobotski

May 14, 2011
guys question. i have a friend who has note N7000XXLPY. he got is as-is already. by reading the threads, it has unsafe kernel. how can i save it before it gets superbrick?

can i flash dxlp9 without wiping since pc odin will do the rest? please advise.

LP9 is a non-wipe rom. I'd suggest flashing a gingerbread rom, wipe, then flash LP9. That's what I did to go from LPY to LP9.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
like pc don DXLC2 (2.3.6) boot, then download mode again, then Pc odin DXLp9? no wipe in betweens?

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
I did a wipe as soon as I finished flashing gingerbread, did it via recovery. I didn't even go through setting up the phone in GB.

let me just repeat myself to be sure.

1. download mode and flash dxlc2 (2.3.6)
-- can i not wipe? haha scaredy cat --
2. reboot until setup then turn off. download mode again
3. flash dxlp9

then proceed as-is.. setup and stuff.

can?

bobotski

May 14, 2011
let me just repeat myself to be sure.

1. download mode and flash dxlc2 (2.3.6)
-- can i not wipe? haha scaredy cat --
2. reboot until setup then turn off. download mode again
3. flash dxlp9

then proceed as-is.. setup and stuff.

can?
You can reset factory settings while in LPY, but you can opt to use a wipe GB rom instead (in Dr. Ketan's thread). But yes, that how I did it.
If you're still hesitant you can go through the stickies in the dev section, and maybe other people can also give their advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.
    Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.