[RUU] EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5 MR update - Software Version: 4.13.651.3

Search This thread

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
I recommended the RUU for a reason. It's not exactly the same as following the procedure in my thread, but it's close. However if you have issues, the RUU might fix them.

I tried running the RUU on 8.1 and after the Wizard pops up to extract the files, I never see the screen for flashing the ROM. The process just disappears.

Someone else had a similar issue with the white screen, and it turned out to be a bad download. Are you sure it's a good download?

I wasn't really having issues, other than the data connection issue that I believe got fixed with the latest zip. Would I get any different performance from just flashing the firmware to doing an RUU if i'm not having any issues? Given that i've downloaded it on 2 different computers with the same results, i'm pretty sure the download was a good one. I believe it has something to do with Windows 8.1, however I don't have any computers that aren't running Windows 8.1.

IM0001

Jun 29, 2007
Windows 8.1 botched something with the way it Authorizes certain USB connections such as the Bootloader over USB.
One way to get around it is to boot Windows 8.1 with the advanced startup settings. (Windows 8 Settings menu/Update and Recovery/Advanced Startup) And start windows without diver signature enforcement) should possibly work or connecting with Windows 8 Or older OS.

Reactions: scottspa74

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
Windows 8.1 botched something with the way it Authorizes certain USB connections such as the Bootloader over USB.
One way to get around it is to boot Windows 8.1 with the advanced startup settings. (Windows 8 Settings menu/Update and Recovery/Advanced Startup) And start windows without diver signature enforcement) should possibly work or connecting with Windows 8 Or older OS.

Thanks, I tried this, thought it was going to work, unfortunately when it tries to restart to bootloader, Windows comes up with a "can't recognize device" and it fails from there. The only way it'll even be recognized is if I set it to disk drive, is that how others are doing it?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Thanks, I tried this, thought it was going to work, unfortunately when it tries to restart to bootloader, Windows comes up with a "can't recognize device" and it fails from there. The only way it'll even be recognized is if I set it to disk drive, is that how others are doing it?
I used this to get fastboot working: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49131915

But it didn't matter since it wouldn't open the flashing tool anyway :rolleyes:.

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx

I used this to get fastboot working: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49131915

But it didn't matter since it wouldn't open the flashing tool anyway :rolleyes:.

So then from reading this, I probable should wait to get to a windows 7box since i am also on windows 8.1 here at home right now??????

Thanks...

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
So then from reading this, I probable should wait to get to a windows 7box since i am also on windows 8.1 here at home right now??????

Thanks...

Yea unfortunately that's what it takes...I fought hard to get it to work on 8.1 myself....windows 7 finally did it no problem once I found a comp I could use...so yea kinda a pain in the butt...but well worth it.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Osirus71

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Do I have to relock my bootloader before running the ruu?

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
Yea unfortunately that's what it takes...I fought hard to get it to work on 8.1 myself....windows 7 finally did it no problem once I found a comp I could use...so yea kinda a pain in the butt...but well worth it.

Cool. ill just do a win7 install on a spare drive to just install ruu....what drivers did you have to use to get phone up and going under windows 7???

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008

It very well could be my two computers running windows 8.1, maybe it was a driver issue? There must/have to be another way than using windows 7. I tried compatibility mode windows 7, unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

dim.on

Aug 3, 2012
adreno drivers

Can someone extract adreno driver from this rom?
They are in /system/lib/egl and /system/etc/firmware

Thx

elmy2424

Oct 26, 2013
Done withouth problems.... feels and looks smother than sense4+ and another thing i noticed in this rom.... now you have an unique 11gb internal storage partition ....a good upgrade wich is better than the old 9gb + 2gb(apps reserverd) partition..

but i have a little problem...i flashed the custom recovery (TWRP)(2.6.3.0) and i cant find the folders i see on Internal storage(when i plug the phone in my pc) or the files i droped on it???

and when i go to reboot and select the reboot system option TWRP shows "No Os Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?"

im trying to root so i cant find the .zip file with TWRP

whats happening? can you help me?

thanks..

Last edited:

Valsorim

Apr 3, 2013
Saint Louis
Do I have to relock my bootloader before running the ruu?

I did at first and had issues, it wouldnt complete the RUU, had htc_fastboot.exe error and error 170(connecting to device). After 3-4 attempts at RUU, decided to unlock bootloader again, and ran RUU. This time it completed. I came out unlocked after running RUU after re-unlocking. My two cents, i would just run RUU unlocked.

Reactions: gstanke

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
I did at first and had issues, it wouldnt complete the RUU, had htc_fastboot.exe error and error 170(connecting to device). After 3-4 attempts at RUU, decided to unlock bootloader again, and ran RUU. This time it completed. I came out unlocked after running RUU after re-unlocking. My two cents, i would just run RUU unlocked.

I cant even get past the first Install screen...
http://gyazo.com/f63754bf42fa45553c9424ad792b2720
I can run any other RUU on my PC just not this one. I have the latest HTC Sync drivers and im updating my SDK atm but im not sure if thats necessary. Anti vir and firewall are de activated and im even running the RUU as admin. Im s-off with the latest H-Boot unlocked and it will not do anything! Not even a damn error! this is driving me mad as ive never had an issue running a RUU.

Any advice?

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx

I cant even get past the first Install screen...
http://gyazo.com/f63754bf42fa45553c9424ad792b2720
I can run any other RUU on my PC just not this one. I have the latest HTC Sync drivers and im updating my SDK atm but im not sure if thats necessary. Anti vir and firewall are de activated and im even running the RUU as admin. Im s-off with the latest H-Boot unlocked and it will not do anything! Not even a damn error! this is driving me mad as ive never had an issue running a RUU.

Any advice?

I think non Windows 8 systems need to be used...ie Win 7 etc...:confused:

gunfromsako

Apr 14, 2011
Des Moines
Well hell....then im at a loss to RUU or not...I dont want to be stuck....well.....

You don't get stuck...it just doesn't do anything. So there is nothing to get stuck on...lol

I'm almost to the point of wiping my entire PC and doing a fresh install of win7. It doesn't make any sense the 3.17 ruu runs just fine!
?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Mo Versi w/HTC:

Thank you for your support on HTC EVO 4G LTE 4.3 + Sense 5MR update. Below is the link for the final software release that includes support on Win8. Please note the following as this is an RUU update (side load):
    It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by installing this software may be covered under warranty.*Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state or earlier software, and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from installing this software. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards. We strongly suggest that you do not install this software unless you are confident that you understand the risks involved and the potential consequences both to your device and to your warranty.
    In order to install the SW, double click the RUU file with your device connected to the PC. The upgrade process will take approximately 20 minutes. Please do not unplug the device from the PC.
    Download link here
    Thanks,
    Mo

----------------------

EDIT: The official link has been taken down. If you would still like to download the RUU anyway, I have uploaded it here and here.

NOTE: For those having issues updating via the RUU (drivers, Windows 8.1, etc), see this post for an alternative install method.

NOTE 2: There is an updated RUU (4.13.651.4) which was released to some testers from HTC. The update fixes the data roaming issue. It hasn't been released officially, but there is a download link for it here and a mirror here.
    For those having RUU install issues....

For those of you having trouble getting the RUU to run correctly, follow the following steps to run in Bootloader instead.....I just followed Captain_Throwbacks instructions from this link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50487437&postcount=3

You must have a way to access your Micro SD Card from your PC so you can transfer and delete files from it.
    Of course make sure all your data is BACKED UP!!!

1. Download both files to your PC....
    2. Rename PJ75IMG1.zip to PJ75IMG.zip and place on root of SD Card.
    3. Reboot phone to Bootloader Menu and run .zip file and let it do its thing....
    4. After file is done, remove Micro-SD Card and delete PJ75IMG.zip and replace with PJ75IMG2.zip making sure to rename it to PJ75IMG.zip again.
    5. Place Miro-SD Card back into phone and reboot while holding Volume Key down for Bootloader Menu.
    6. Run .zip and let it finish (this part takes a bit of time to complete).
    7. Reboot phone into a fresh install of Sense 5 Android 4.3 Final Update - 4.13.651.3

Enjoy.....
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/kJ0hyseJba/PJ75IMG1.html
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/XFtJmjlqba/PJ75IMG2.html
    Can anyone using this RUU comment on if their bootloader is still unlocked after?

Still on hboot 1.12.2222 (I think) and can probably figure out flashing supersu through TWRP after I flash TWRP.

Captain, can you link your thread? I've only used your zips for flashing firmware bits, radios, etc.

Thank you,
    Skid
    My bootloader stayed unlocked the entire time. My thread is in OG Dev. If you flash the RUU, you'll only need a recovery.
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen an official update that voided your warranty before.
    Will my phone stay S-off after taking this RUU?

Yes.