[Q] Reboot fix not working for Xperia M dual C2004 build 15.2.A.2.5

Search This thread

Sri007

Feb 13, 2014
Balasore, Odisha,
I want to swap internal-external sdcard or mount folder app so that I can play big games with large data. For this, I rooted my phone with Impactor, and tried remount reboot fix by NUT and reboot fix by Anto Kus. But till now the phone reboots on using folder mount. Also my phone reboots while using a dual partitioned sdcard to use it with Link2sd. I have tested root checker which shows phone is rooted. I am using Titanium Backup without any problems. Should I go for bootloader unlock?
My phone xperia m dual c2004, 4.2.2, build 15.2.A.2.5.

Thanks

Last edited:

Anmol0022

Dec 21, 2013
I want to swap internal-external sdcard or mount folder app so that I can play big games with large data. For this, I rooted my phone with Impactor, and tried remount reboot fix by NUT and reboot fix by Anto Kus. But till now the phone reboots on using folder mount. Also my phone reboots while using a dual partitioned sdcard to use it with Link2sd. I have tested root checker which shows phone is rooted. I am using Titanium Backup without any problems. Should I go for bootloader unlock?

Thanks

Follow this guide step by step and dont forget to install busybox read carefully this guide
to play games i suggest you to install folder mount its better than swapping gl to sd n all

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2523597

Reactions: Sri007

Sri007

Feb 13, 2014
Balasore, Odisha,
Follow this guide step by step and dont forget to install busybox read carefully this guide
to play games i suggest you to install folder mount its better than swapping gl to sd n all

I had already installed busybox and followed the procedure shown in the thread. The busybox is supported but inspite of root access, I can't change permissions in system files as a result the reboot fix is not working. Somewhere I read unlocking bootloader will help. Is it?

mahithlal

Jun 19, 2012
yes u must unlock bootloader for use full root access like change permission etc

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
yes u must unlock bootloader for use full root access like change permission etc

No, you don't need to unlock your bootloader to get full root access. Try this updated version of the reboot fix and then you're fully rooted...

Unlocking your bootloader will give you full root access without using root tools, exploits, etc., but many proprietary Sony apps will not work anymore because your DRM keys will be wiped when you unlock the bootloader...

Sri007

Feb 13, 2014
Balasore, Odisha,
Unlocking your bootloader will give you full root access without using root tools, exploits, etc., but many proprietary Sony apps will not work anymore because your DRM keys will be wiped when you unlock the bootloader...[/QUOTE]

Ya, I know about the cons of unlocking bootloader. Thats why I am still waiting for other ways. I have also tried the fix by NUT from the forum which u gave link but still not fully rooted as it is unable to write in system folder. But other root operations like removing bloatware is done without any problems. Thats strange. Busybox is installed by NUT which supports part of the fix but the other scripts did not work in system.
By the your xm dual c2004 was updated to build 15.2.A.2.5 or is it from out of box like mine?

Last edited:

Anmol0022

Dec 21, 2013
Is your phone same model and build like mine? I think it is due to the build version.

yes its same build 15.2.A.2.5

Stock Rom

If not working then you may update it via sony update service and reset phone

then follow guide again to root

According to guide use the same busybox as mentioned open and install it

or try from beggining again

Here are steps
use injector
install super su from google play
open and use super su
and install it binaries
install busy box x as mentioned
then open it and install allow root access if asked
then use reboot fix by NUT
follow cmd guide
and allow adb when ask permission
then phone will reboot

Then its written wait to check fix
And then its done press continue
done
use folder mount have fun
then

Reactions: Sri007

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
My C2004 also have full root access with locked bootloader, just updated to 15.2.A.2.5 through Sony Update Service, used Cydia Impactor, installed SuperSU from Play Store and then ran the script I linked to you. After all I have full root access, can remount system without problems and my bootloader still locked...

Sri007

Feb 13, 2014
Balasore, Odisha,

Stock Rom

Here are steps
use injector
open and use super su
and install it binaries
follow cmd guide
then phone will reboot

done
then

I have again followed the procedure as you mentioned. Everything worked except the fix. While waiting to check the fix, the phone reboots again. I am attaching the snapshots of the terminal window from which you may know the problem.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 43

Anmol0022

Dec 21, 2013
Its seems that is problem of busy box Bcoz it should show something like this

Attachments

• 1392360447434.jpg
    1392360447434.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 49

Anmol0022

Dec 21, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, you don't need to unlock your bootloader to get full root access. Try this updated version of the reboot fix and then you're fully rooted...

Unlocking your bootloader will give you full root access without using root tools, exploits, etc., but many proprietary Sony apps will not work anymore because your DRM keys will be wiped when you unlock the bootloader...

Thanks

Is your phone same model and build like mine? I think it is due to the build version.

Stock Rom

Here are steps
    use injector
    open and use super su
    and install it binaries
    follow cmd guide
    then phone will reboot

done
    then
    I tried to download it but the play store says it is not available in your country. Can you send me the apk?

Here you go

install it then open it and click install in app it will ask supersu permission allow
    it will show installation success

after that try fix again
    Thanks for the apk, but still the problem remains.

Well i think you might use sony update service and reinstall full firmware
    it will remove everything from phone so take backup if you want
    Then try it it should work

Still you can also private message reboot fix creator and seek him out if you cant find solution