Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
NOTE

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CyanogenMod 10 for the galaxy fame S6810P it should also work for the S6810 but i don´t know for sure since i don´t own this device and don´t want to brick your device so.
If you know that s6810p roms works with s6810 say it in the thread here and i wil edit the asserts later on the sourcecode.
This is only for testers who know how to report an logcat so we find out the problems why it won´t boot and can fix those problems.

DISCLAIMER
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
 * nuclear war, pinguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
 */

First Time Installing an custom rom if you have an custom recovery proceed to step download zip and continue.
  • Install an good custom recovery:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656949
  • Download the zip
  • WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
  • Format/System
  • flash the rom zip from recovery
  • Flash the kernel from recovery
  • Reboot
  • Connect your phone to your pc and use adb to logcat and report it here.

Download Site: TEST VERSION 1.0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfSkdnUVp1YkhPZVU/

Kernel
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfVGNsVnFNSDVIVnc/edit?usp=sharing

Wifi doesnt work
Audio doesnt work
Bluetooth works but internal sd isnt mounted good so you cant receive files.
nfc i dont know.
simcard doesnt work
camera doesnt work related to internal sd not being mounted well or wrong permissions
sdcard mounting doesnt work
EVERYTHING RELATED TO RIL
Don´t blame me that it doesnt work fully since there is no official or unofficial sourcecode on github except mine now.
And i don´t own that device.

Credits:

adytzu33 for the cm10 sourcecode
Corsicanu for providing the sourcecode and helping to finalize cm10.
Cyanogenmod for providing their own system:rolleyes:
Corsicanu,faizauthar12 and Toshiro71 for being Betatesters.

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod 10, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fame

Contributors
wulsic
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2014-05-30

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2014-05-31

Attachments

• 10406021_871764396183004_1132178518_n.jpg
    10406021_871764396183004_1132178518_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 6,613
  • 10409955_871764449516332_1970749787_n.jpg
    10409955_871764449516332_1970749787_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 6,584
Last edited:

toshiro71

Oct 12, 2013
I'd like to test but i dont know how to get logcat. if u give instruction here.i'll try

Thank You

Last edited:
Reactions: misha_android

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
@wulsic you forgot about gapps - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

To provide logcat - install the rom and gapps, make a full wipe, reboot and connect the phone to usb cable and open a cmd where you will type 'adb logcat'. Copy the output-there will be a loop-and paste it here.
You will need sdk installed and configured and proper drivers.. Note that the phone might not boot-will remain on Samsung Galaxy Fame logo. I will test it in an hour or two maybe..

Sent from my Nameless phone

Reactions: black_tiger1

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ohyeah i totally forget i will check it after school i cant do anything now cause i need to go to school.
Hakets sorry but i cant make an mirror now. Next Time i will upload to mega and mediafire or google drive. Or inform me if you guys know a beter website.
If you guys post an logcat attach it in your post instead of quoting it @corsicanu thankyou for making an detailed post i was tired so i couldt finish it.
I will make after school another mirror, make the platform-tools and drivers in one package so people dont need to download the whole sdk. If we Get the phone booted up then i will also post in the op my light gapps i think the fame will also be smoother then with unneccesary bloatware.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 4 met Tapatalk

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I use google drive without any problems.. :)
Mirrored the zip... You will find also gapps-jb-20121011 for 4.1.x. Cheers!
Removed the link

Update 1: Edited the zip because i received status 7 and reuploaded. Status 7 is because the recovery is built with s6810 kernel and the zip tries to get assert for s6810p. @wulsic you may need to remove manually on every build from updater-script so it won`t request asserts.

Update 2: Something is wrong with init.rc.. @adytzu33 fixed this once but idk how. It`s related to the mountpoints and permissions.
Code:
hades@underworld ~/Desktop $ adb devices
List of devices attached 
94363000479004F6	device

hades@underworld ~/Desktop $ adb logcat
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Last edited:

toshiro71

Oct 12, 2013
aserted failed: getprop........................................
installation aborted ( status 7)
i guess i'll also wait for next release

Reactions: afiis

faizauthar12

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
Question
I am download from corsicanu link
After instalation
It still bootloop
And I try to use stock boot.img,and it's same
Can corsicanu or wulsic fix this
I am use S6810

Sent from my GT-S6810 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I use google drive without any problems.. :)
Mirrored the zip... You will find also gapps-jb-20121011 for 4.1.x. Cheers!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-zMfsAgHdrxUjFDellHaXJrNlk#list

Update 1: Edited the zip because i received status 7 and reuploaded. Status 7 is because the recovery is built with s6810 kernel and the zip tries to get assert for s6810p. @wulsic you may need to remove manually on every build from updater-script so it won`t request asserts.

Update 2: Something is wrong with init.rc.. @adytzu33 fixed this once but idk how. It`s related to the mountpoints and permissions.
Code:
hades@underworld ~/Desktop $ adb devices
List of devices attached 
94363000479004F6device

hades@underworld ~/Desktop $ adb logcat
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Corsicanu i will remove the line
TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE := nevisp,s6810p,GT-S6810P from the boardconfig.mk i will look into init.RC after school. But i just need to know or the ROM is compatible with Every device so i can mention it.

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Need to point out some things:

@wulsic you need to remove manually from updater script every time as the compiler still inserts an assert.. Was tested with @adytzu33 and came up to same conclusion. The other solution would be to make another cwm for all devices based on s6810p kernel.
And the rom will be compatible with all version of single sim Fame as they work with custom stock. Only problems that may appear could be 'no sim' errors like on stock rom for different zone.

@faizauthar12 there is no point to download again as we are sure something is wrong there.

For all here, these builds are debug builds. The only purpose of these builds is to patch existing bugs and make it work. If you are not sure of what you`re doing, the best will be to stay away. It may not boot, may brick your phone or you may lose your data. You are the only one responsable for any damage that you do to your phone.

Last edited:

faizauthar12

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
Need to point out some things:

@wulsic you need to remove manually from updater script every time as the compiler still inserts an assert.. Was tested with @adytzu33 and came up to same conclusion. The other solution would be to make another cwm for all devices based on s6810p kernel.
And the rom will be compatible with all version of single sim Fame as they work with custom stock. Only problems that may appear could be 'no sim' errors like on stock rom for different zone.

@faizauthar12 there is no point to download again as we are sure something is wrong there.

For all here, these builds are debug builds. The only purpose of these builds is to patch existing bugs and make it work. If you are not sure of what you`re doing, the best will be to stay away. It may not boot, may brick your phone or you may lose your data. You are the only one responsable for any damage that you do to your phone.

Sorry for my mistake :(

Sent from my S6810 using XDA Mobile app

midoen

Jan 27, 2014
Jakarta
Reactions: corsicanu

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
I just wanna say, I'm glad that finally someone built CM for galaxy fame
Thanks for all your works guys.. :D
I'm ready to be your tester

But, just out of curiosity..
why don't you guys compile CM11 instead?
I mean, someone has making effort to do it, but also stuck in somewhere..
maybe you guys could team up or something :D
here's the link:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/91390-compiling-cm11-to-the-galaxy-fame/

and

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713973

regards,,
cheers
and keep famous :D

because, as i said, other version of android different than stock (4.1.2) needs porting of drivers.. and when you end up with errors you don't really know wich is the problem - incomplete device tree or incompatible drivers.. will try to reach him and see if we can team up.. cheers!

Sent from my Nameless phone

Reactions: faizauthar12

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Stuck in bootsplash, please tell me how to solving this ?

Flash stock rom via odin or restore a previous backup if you have.

I will say it one more time. This isn`t a working cyanogenmod, it doesn`t boot, and the only purpose of releasing it is for debug. If you don`t know what this is about stay away from this thread. Also please read the whole thread before flashing. Was that much 2 pages?

We will keep it low until a working version. If there is anyone who would like to help us with tests and debugging PM me or @wulsic and maybe we`ll cooperate. Thanks!
Also http://github.com/wulsic & http://github.com/corsicanu for those who want to help on this project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CyanogenMod 10 for the galaxy fame S6810P it should also work for the S6810 but i don´t know for sure since i don´t own this device and don´t want to brick your device so.
    If you know that s6810p roms works with s6810 say it in the thread here and i wil edit the asserts later on the sourcecode.
    This is only for testers who know how to report an logcat so we find out the problems why it won´t boot and can fix those problems.

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or dead SD cards,
     * nuclear war, pinguin invasions or that you are getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * If you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard
     */

First Time Installing an custom rom if you have an custom recovery proceed to step download zip and continue.
    • Install an good custom recovery:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656949
    • Download the zip
    • WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    • Format/System
    • flash the rom zip from recovery
    • Flash the kernel from recovery
    • Reboot
    • Connect your phone to your pc and use adb to logcat and report it here.

Download Site: TEST VERSION 1.0
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfSkdnUVp1YkhPZVU/

Kernel
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfVGNsVnFNSDVIVnc/edit?usp=sharing

Wifi doesnt work
    Audio doesnt work
    Bluetooth works but internal sd isnt mounted good so you cant receive files.
    nfc i dont know.
    simcard doesnt work
    camera doesnt work related to internal sd not being mounted well or wrong permissions
    sdcard mounting doesnt work
    EVERYTHING RELATED TO RIL
    Don´t blame me that it doesnt work fully since there is no official or unofficial sourcecode on github except mine now.
    And i don´t own that device.

Credits:

adytzu33 for the cm10 sourcecode
    Corsicanu for providing the sourcecode and helping to finalize cm10.
    Cyanogenmod for providing their own system:rolleyes:
    Corsicanu,faizauthar12 and Toshiro71 for being Betatesters.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 10, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fame

Contributors
    wulsic
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    Based On: Cyanogenmod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-30

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2014-05-31
    Reserved for Later use
    in-progress i guess, but no any good news till now. hoping for the fixes :)

I will try to provide tomorrow a new build for the fame with hopefully a lot of fixes. I collected some things and I will upload the build tomorrow :p
    I didn't forgot this project don't worry

EDIT: I am almost done and i will upload it soon. I am still trying to fix audio. Be patience :D

EDIT2: Well i will do audio later ;p all the support appreciated since i am now stuck with 4 projects of android with a small anmount of time but here are some fixes which might work ;p just flash it over the last build. To save Bandwith and unneccesary space on the devices from you guys.

EDIT3:NFC FC so dont download it yet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfNjZ1YnN1TEtRU0U/edit?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfSTE1aEhrQ20zVk0/edit?usp=sharing
    Guys i will upload later around 10 o clock some fixes which might fix wifi/nfc/audio mounting issue i still Need to look into since i didnt had the time yet.
    EDIT: I am still Trying to FIX ril now i got an Idea to fix it so i will upload all the fixes after some minutes. Please flash everything and see if it works now. I still need to fix the problem from the internal sd mounting i will look also into it and maybe i could fix it today also :highfive: for all the supporters! I want to have every fix at one moment so i have everything MAX at 10:30 uploaded.

My new fix Includes some missing libril so far as i think >_< and a edit in the build.prop which may fix the ril issue. FMRadio also a possible fix but i also need to find a good fm radio app cause spirit fm wasnt good i heard something about speakers too high

Code:
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libbrcm_ril.so
    rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
    ro.ril.hsxpa=1
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    mobiledata.interfaces=pdp0,wlan0,gprs,ppp0
    That should fix it i think with the missing libraries i added :) But i will release 2 versions one with the rild.libargs like it is and one with a # in front of it.

Here is the Download link of my Ril/NFC/FMRADIO you need to download the app self till i have found an safe radio app for the Fame Sorry and fix for wifi. Fix for audio will be incoming just as the fix for the mounting problem. Report please or the fixes are working.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1u3mnq0nstfLTJLM1RELVc5QzA

I am reading about the NFC settings missing in the settings.apk sorry but i will fix it after i have fixed the Important issues cause i dont think many people are using NFC daily. Does audio now actually works on S6810P? if not try to flash my zip what i will be uploading after a couple of minutes. Sensors i will fix also in the future including Home recent apps.

EDIT: Try also wifiattempt2. I forgot to add a file related to wifi from the etc folder including to nfc and in the etc folder are also a couple of files related to audio. I will try to fix the mounting issue tomorrow cause i am tired.
    For the people who wonder i am still working on cm10 and cm11 but i am talking now more in a facebook group to save posts here, but my betetasters will test tomorrow 3-4 kernels to see or the kernel will boot then into cm11.