Search This thread

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Title says it all. What's going on:

1) Red light is blinking

2) Fastboot works

3) If I boot to recovery, it shuts down.

4) I used the Nexus toolkit to install a Google Factory image, but it still wouldn't boot.

5) I tried the Vol. UP + Power button in order to simulate a battery pull, but it didn't work as well.

6) NO, I don't have a T5 screwdriver so if this is your answer, it doesn't help me at all.

It's on the wall charger atm and the red light is blinking. When I had connected it through USB, it showed the battery but it wouldn't boot no matter what I tried. Now, on the wall charger, it didn't show any battery level(like it did with the USB) but I left it there charging.

Any idea?

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
My phone died out when I was installing a kernel. It booted up and was switching to ART when the battery died and when I plugged it in the charger, got the red blinking light.

I used this guide

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/tutorial-how-to-unbrick-n4-t2347060

A few things to note are that I could not get my phone in fastboot or get the battery icon when plugged in the usb. I had to leave it plugged in the wall charger overnight ( with the red light blinking ) and in the morning perform the Vol down + power button thing many times before I finally got a battery icon and then I could boot into download mode. If I booted into fastboot, it would just shut down after a few seconds

Reactions: fr3quency

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
My phone died out when I was installing a kernel. It booted up and was switching to ART when the battery died and when I plugged it in the charger, got the red blinking light.

I used this guide

A few things to note are that I could not get my phone in fastboot or get the battery icon when plugged in the usb. I had to leave it plugged in the wall charger overnight ( with the red light blinking ) and in the morning perform the Vol down + power button thing many times before I finally got a battery icon and then I could boot into download mode. If I booted into fastboot, it would just shut down after a few seconds
It displays the battery level indicator, but I cannot boot into download mode. It displays the Google logo and turns off. The same thing happens on the wall charger. Strage, because some hours ago I booted into download mode. :x

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com

I used this guide

What procedure did you follow in order for it to boot into download mode? It shows the battery indicator, but it keeps failing to boot into download mode.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com

I used this guide

I managed to get it into download mode, but when writing the radio and the other data, it turned off 2 times, so I had to boot it into download mode. But it flashed the stock image correctly. Thing is... I still have the red light. :(

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
Sorry for replying this late but I've got my finals.t
Anyways. It does turn off when installing the files. It's written in the guide

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I managed to get it into download mode, but when writing the radio and the other data, it turned off 2 times, so I had to boot it into download mode. But it flashed the stock image correctly. Thing is... I still have the red light. :(
If it flashed fine then I think it went ok and all you need to do is charge up the phone. It can take a LOONG time. Getting the battery icon is the hard part. I couldn't get that. You say you get it when you plug it in your laptop right? well plug it in and let it charge to full ( you can follow the animation ) and then try turning it on.

Hope it works

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

If it flashed fine then I think it went ok and all you need to do is charge up the phone. It can take a LOONG time. Getting the battery icon is the hard part. I couldn't get that. You say you get it when you plug it in your laptop right? well plug it in and let it charge to full ( you can follow the animation ) and then try turning it on.

Hope it works
Yeah, it stopped @ 67% poped up a message which I ignored per OP's instructions. But, as I said, I still have the red light. :x Both after using the LG program and after flashing stock google image prvided by OP.

What exactly did you do? Thanks again!

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
Yeah, it stopped @ 67% poped up a message which I ignored per OP's instructions. But, as I said, I still have the red light. :x Both after using the LG program and after flashing stock google image prvided by OP.

Well I could barely get it into download mode. It would stick for a couple seconds and go back to the blinking red light. I let it charge for another couple hours ( this was AFTER a whole day of being plugged in the wall charger with the blinking light ). I finally got it into download mode after continuously plugging it in and holding the respective buttons. Anyways, I flashed the factory image and got the light again. So I plugged it into my laptop and tried again with the volume + - and power buttons ( that's basically all of them ) and repeated it till I got the battery icon. Then I let it stay and charge to full and then booted it up. It finally did

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Well I could barely get it into download mode. It would stick for a couple seconds and go back to the blinking red light. I let it charge for another couple hours ( this was AFTER a whole day of being plugged in the wall charger with the blinking light ). I finally got it into download mode after continuously plugging it in and holding the respective buttons. Anyways, I flashed the factory image and got the light again. So I plugged it into my laptop and tried again with the volume + - and power buttons ( that's basically all of them ) and repeated it till I got the battery icon. Then I let it stay and charge to full and then booted it up. It finally did
Thanks. I get the battery icon by:
1) Going into fastboot
2) Selecting "Power off" option
3) Unplugging the USB cable
4) Pluggin the USB cable.

It's not animating. It just shows the full battery icon with a thunder in the middle. Was it the same for you?(or it was animating?)

Here, it shows me this thing(without animation):

54ao1w.jpg

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
Thanks. I get the battery icon by:
1) Going into fastboot
2) Selecting "Power off" option
3) Unplugging the USB cable
4) Pluggin the USB cable.

It's not animating. It just shows the full battery icon with a thunder in the middle. Was it the same for you?(or it was animating?)

Here, it shows me this thing(without animation):

54ao1w.jpg
No mine was showing the animation. Like it went two or three steps from empty to full. You have flashed the factory image and can get into fastboot too. But when you boot up, you get the red light correct?
Plug your phone in the wall charger and try the battery pull technique every hour. Do it twice everytime just to br sure. I don't even f remember how many times I did it. Leave it overnight to charge too

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
No mine was showing the animation. Like it went two or three steps from empty to full. You have flashed the factory image and can get into fastboot too. But when you boot up, you get the red light correct?
Plug your phone in the wall charger and try the battery pull technique every hour. Do it twice everytime just to br sure. I don't even f remember how many times I did it. Leave it overnight to charge too

When I try to boot(without it being connected to USB or charger) it doesn't boot at all. When I connect it, I get the red light and if I press the power button for 10 seconds, it will TRY to boot, showing me the Google logo, but then shuts down and shows the red light blinking.

What's the battery pull technique? Asking just to be sure. :)

adil1508

May 5, 2012
Waterloo
When I try to boot(without it being connected to USB or charger) it doesn't boot at all. When I connect it, I get the red light and if I press the power button for 10 seconds, it will TRY to boot, showing me the Google logo, but then shuts down and shows the red light blinking.

That's sort of a relief that it TRIES to boot cus that's exactly what happened to me. I think all you need to do is charge it up by leaving it in the wall charger overnight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used this guide

Hope it works

That's sort of a relief that it TRIES to boot cus that's exactly what happened to me. I think all you need to do is charge it up by leaving it in the wall charger overnight
    I seem to have forgotten. Can you please google it?