[Q] Help Please!!! Active cmdline overflow (1085 bytes)

Search This thread

dihcar

Jan 2, 2014
actually i resolved the issue by entering this code and the official new stock rom has been installed

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0

Hi, i want to flash a stock ROM through fastboot , but i always get the signature verify fail error, can you plz put a step by step guide, when you flashed the ROM was your bootloader locked or unlocked , and at what step did you issue the command
Fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
Please help I'm really stuck!

Caesar966

Jan 10, 2015
Hi, i want to flash a stock ROM through fastboot , but i always get the signature verify fail error, can you plz put a step by step guide, when you flashed the ROM was your bootloader locked or unlocked , and at what step did you issue the command
Fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
Please help I'm really stuck!

my bootloader was unlocked. and here

first install cmw recovery by download the recovery from here https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

1. unlock bootloader
2. clear cache <fastboot erase cache>
3. enter command <Fastboot oem enableqxdm 0>
4. hold power button until phone turns off (im assuming u dont have an os currently installed)
5. boot into recovery
6a. first enable adb sideload by going into install from zip and then scroll down and select adb sideload
6b. use adb to install the rom onto the device with this code <adb sideload rom.zip> to whatever ur file name is or change ur file name to mine. if it says signature fail then click on toggle signature verification to turn it off.
7. after its finished click install from zip and select the rom.zip file using power button and volume buttons to move up and down and then wait for the rom to be installed and that is it, i also recommend that u make sure the rom is ment for your device and is the correct one as this could brick your phone even worse and then u wont be able to recover it back.

google gapps: http://androidxda.net/update-galaxy-s3-to-cyanogenmod-based-android-5-0-2-lollipop-custom-rom/
cm12: http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/development/5-0-lollipop-unofficial-cm12-android-5-0-t2943826

Last edited:

dihcar

Jan 2, 2014
my bootloader was unlocked. and here

first install cmw recovery by download the recovery from here https://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

1. unlock bootloader
2. clear cache <fastboot erase cache>
3. enter command <Fastboot oem enableqxdm 0>
4. hold power button until phone turns off (im assuming u dont have an os currently installed)
5. boot into recovery
6. use adb to push the rom onto the device with this code <adb push rom.zip /sdcard/rom.zip> change the rom.zip to whatever ur file name is or change ur file name to mine.
7. after its finished click install from zip and select the rom.zip file using power button and volume buttons to move up and down and then wait for the rom to be installed and that is it, i also recommend that u make sure the rom is ment for your device and is the correct one as this could brick your phone even worse and then u wont be able to recover it back.

if this was helpful just give me a thumbs up and if u wish to donate to me u can on my paypal at nepomsen13@hotmail.com

i followed the steps but couldn't push zip to sd card through adb.
probably corrupt file, i got to to look for a cleaner one.
my problem is different, i have os but but unknown baseband and imei, it's not stable and reboots every 2 min, despite i installed it many times using RUU.exe.
i couldn't find any solution, so i'm experimenting, by trying to flash a stock firmware zip through fastboot or recovery or anythind hoping to fix this problem.
any idea is welcomed!

Caesar966

Jan 10, 2015
i followed the steps but couldn't push zip to sd card through adb.
probably corrupt file, i got to to look for a cleaner one.
my problem is different, i have os but but unknown baseband and imei, it's not stable and reboots every 2 min, despite i installed it many times using RUU.exe.
i couldn't find any solution, so i'm experimenting, by trying to flash a stock firmware zip through fastboot or recovery or anythind hoping to fix this problem.
any idea is welcomed!

what os are u currently running
because it might be the one doing the reboots and do u want to return to stock badly or do u just want a phone u can use that doesn't keep shutting down on you.

dihcar

Jan 2, 2014
what os are u currently running
because it might be the one doing the reboots and do u want to return to stock badly or do u just want a phone u can use that doesn't keep shutting down on you.

After following the steps you described above the phone got bricked, luckily it was a soft brick, I was able to run the ruu.exe. and flash the firmware anew.
This is the latest kitkat 4.4.3 for T-Mobile.
Os 6.10,531.10
I just want a working phone!

Caesar966

Jan 10, 2015
After following the steps you described above the phone got bricked, luckily it was a soft brick, I was able to run the ruu.exe. and flash the firmware anew.
This is the latest kitkat 4.4.3 for T-Mobile.
Os 6.10,531.10
I just want a working phone!

can u please take screenshots of ur android in bootloader and upload it
and have u tried installing cm12

Last edited:

dihcar

Jan 2, 2014
can u please take screenshots of ur android in bootloader and upload it
and have u tried installing cm12

yes i did try cm12 same problem.
better yet this is my getvar
C:\Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.28.3218.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.10.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4174mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-6d8a0b9b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

Caesar966

Jan 10, 2015
yes i did try cm12 same problem.
better yet this is my getvar
C:\Fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.28.3218.04
(bootloader) version-main: 6.10.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4174mV
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-6d8a0b9b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!

i will make a vid on the tutorial and upload it tonight as i have to be somewhere right now (Adelaide eastern time)
and are u able to access recovery mod or does it say active cmdline overflow.

Reactions: dihcar

dihcar

Jan 2, 2014

Caesar966

Jan 10, 2015
i opened a thread for this issue if you have time you can you can get a look and see the whole process i went through.
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/help/flushing-ruu-t2988581/post58088123#post58088123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeug9Kmksiw&feature=youtu.be

unfortunately i had no sound so follow what the mouse does and write the codes as i do in the same procedure and u must be in bootloader for the entire thing. until it comes up to the adb section in which u must follow the instructions for the adb above
tell me if any errors arise

Reactions: young caesar

Frikso1

Jan 3, 2015
i need help im have sprint m7 (m7_wls), have a problem whit active cmdline overflow.... solution please? i have s-off ,
I have access to TWRP whit hboot 1.44 , other hboots not work, im runing lollipop
getvar all (bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.01.20.1225
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.651.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4291mV
(bootloader) security: off
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.132s

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
i need help im have sprint m7 (m7_wls), have a problem whit active cmdline overflow.... solution please? i have s-off ,
I have access to TWRP whit hboot 1.44 , other hboots not work, im runing lollipop
getvar all (bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.01.20.1225
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.651.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid:
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4291mV
(bootloader) security: off
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.132s
Have you checked in the Sprint HTC One forum? The solution I know of may not work with a Sprint phone because your partitions are different.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Have you checked in the Sprint HTC One forum? The solution I know of may not work with a Sprint phone because your partitions are different.
The misc partition is shared by more than the m7's
If it's not an m7 just get the correct partition, it has worked for other models
(excluding the recovery linked there, which is only for M7 u/ul)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well that is definitely beyond my knowledge!! (rewriting TWRP)... though i do believe you made the 2.0.7.4 update :good: :cool:

so if you can manage to write up an "emergency" recovery just to get adb working, i think a lot of people (well a few, since luckily this isn't happening too often) could be helped :)

.... sort of like and ENG TWRP :) ... i guess touch, and all other stuff isn't required, just a fully functional adb shell and busybox (especially dd)

@davidliu8023

Ok, here it is. I've tested it in so far that it boots, but it was a small change (commenting out about 15 lines of code) so it should be good to go.

Obviously I cannot test the 'active cmdline overflow' error, but the logic that reads the bootloader message structure has been removed, so you should be able to get into recovery with this version even with a corrupted misc partition. Flash it in fastboot as usual.

twrp-recovery-2.7-m7-nobcb.img

md5sum 49d82928b583052bbb19b62058cb023f

If you can get into recovery with this then you might try restoring mmcblk0p19 using the instructions posted previously.
    @nkk71 you get a ton of credit for all your contributions here. Glad we could solve this together. We should write up a thread to outline the problem, it's cause, and the solution.
    I just flashed p19 that nkk71 posted for me and IT WORKED!!! You guys are amazing!!! I just flashed Elemental kernel without any problems. No more that cursed active cmdline overflow error. I really don't know how to thank you guys. As I said, when my pay pal account gets sorted out I will send both of you my sign of appreciation. Thanks again nkk71 and cschmitt!!!

Simply excellent news to hear!! :laugh:

As far as I know this is the first, and hopefully not the last

[SOLVED] HTC One M7 ACTIVE CMDLINE OVERFLOW

:good: :good:

Most (if not all ;)) credits to @cschmitt for nailing it down :highfive: :highfive:

Anyway, does the above sound good to you for donkeykong1

Yes, it looks good to me. thanks.