Unlock Bootloader on Mac OS X - Rezound

Search This thread

Droid9684

May 9, 2011
Sorry, I couldn't get back with you sooner but it looks like you're all squared away with the bootloader. I did look at your screen shots and looks like there were 2 places for your fastboot: a directory with fastboot-mac and the sdk/platform-tools/fastboot. I think that's probably where the problems were. NVM, you're all good.

Yes it wasn't reading the directory proper. I am unlocked successfully thanks to @acejavelin :D:good: Thanks for at least replying back, I appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had trouble unlocking the bootloader on my iMac but got it to work.

Just posting this to help out my fellow Mac Heads who've turned from the evil iPhone. :D

Unlocking your bootloader will probably or definitely void your warranty. I am in no way responsible for you screwing up your beautiful Rezound. (K, that's out of the way.)

Prep work:

1. I had an old Android SDK and couldn't get it to work.
    HTC Dev site stated I only needed adb and fastboot for this (but I don't remember when I actually used an adb command). Anyhoo... download the latest Android SDK from the link provided by HTC Dev from the link at the right side (as your following the process). Save and uncompress it in the root of your hard drive and rename it ' android ' (no single quotes) - this step just makes it easier.

2. Check if there is a 'platform-tools' folder. If not then in the 'tools' folder just double click the 'android' file and it'll open Terminal and run the Android SDK Manager app. I only checked the 'Android SDK Platform-tools' for installation but you can install whatever else you want. Click the button 'Install (x) package' close to the bottom right. After it's done you'll find the 'platform-tools' folder and that's where adb will be. (Like I said, I don't remember using any ./adb commands, though)

NEXT FOLLOW THE HTC WEBSITE STEPS
    (this is on the website)

1. After you've pulled the battery and placed it back in, hold VolumeDown and Power button to restart. At white screen, select Fastboot with volume rocker and hit the power button. Connect cable from phone to mac.

2. Download the Mac version of the Fastboot in Step 5 of the HTC Website. Uncompress it and place it in the root of the 'android' folder. Rename it 'fastboot' (without single quotes) from 'fastboot-mac'.

3. Open a new Terminal window (Applications/Utitilies).

Type: cd /android
    (that's if you had placed the android folder at the root of your hard drive) or you can type: cd then <space> then drag the android folder from a finder window into the terminal window
    hit return

Type: ./fastboot oem get_identifier_token

4. Per the instructions at the HTC Website Step 9, Copy the Identifier token text.
    (I copied and pasted it into a text app and deleted the "(bootloader)" text in there, then copied the resulting text.)

5. Paste into HTC Website Step 10 inside the "My Device Identifier Token:" box and hit submit.

If it goes through you'll get a Congratulations webpage and your unlock file will be sent to your registered email.

6. Download the Unlock_code.bin file into the android folder where the 'fastboot' file should be.

7. Go back into the Terminal window.
    Type: ./fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

8. Your phone should go off and come up with an Unlock Your Phone screen. Use the volume rocker to select Yes and hit the Power button. Should restart and you're good to go.

Good luck!

TIP:
    Originally Posted by AshtonTS
    to avoid having to use the ./ (this should probably be done after you set up adb and fasboot but before you start the Actual unlock part)
    Code:
    nano ~/.bash_profile
    and then add
    Code:
    export PATH=${PATH}:/Users/yourusername/wherever/adbfolder
    Small tip when I adb on my mac:

Instead of worrying about the actual path to the tools (platform-tools) folder i simply type "cd "and drag the actual folder right next to it.
    Will unlocking on OS X also result in a factory reset at the end?

Of course.
    What Slacker101 said. Yup
    @xjedi, please add this to the op (credit to me lol) :laugh::D

DONE. Thanks