How to flash EVO 4G to virgin mobile

Search This thread

UncivilSavage

Jan 7, 2012
Whittier
Mod Edit:
This thread is made to help users move their services on the Evo4g from Sprint to Virgin Mobile. The discussion of ESN cloaking, modifying, spoofing of any kind WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Zero Tolerance for any links or guides on how to do so. Infractions will be issued to those who keep asking..
This thread will primarly serve the purpose of helping users get their 3G services and mms working properly and help with some other issues.

HTC EVO FLASHING TOOLS AND GUIDE

MMS ROMS FOR EVO 4G

Now in order for picture message to work you will need to be rooted, but for talk, text, and web you're fine running stock rom.

LINK TO BROOKS METHOD OF PATCHING ROMS FOR MMS

PROBABLY TERRIBLE MMS PATCH GUIDE I MADE IN A HURRY.
Team dirt 1.7.5 MMS patch for virgin mobile Mirror 1
Team dirt 1.7.5 MMS patch for virgin mobile Mirror 2
Thanks to jjenkins09 for this MMS patch on the team dirt rom.
http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/306532-lgntps-files-here.html DLL installation guide courtesy of MikeSalty.

Last edited:

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
I know this says Evo 4G, I have the shift. Now, I'm trying to get 3G working, which is a slight pain in the rear. I have my HA and AAA Keys all pulled from my OV. I write them with DFS, and no 3G populates. A couple questions that I have...

1) Removed after re-reading first post. Derp.

2) Will the stock sprint apps perhaps mess with my settings?

3) When I open up DFS, I see a few different options that have my AAA key in them...Namely under Programming > Data, the ones that populate my key are:

PPP, which has a spot for Auth, UID, and PWD;
HDR AN, which has a spot for NAI and PWD;
HDR AN LONG, which is UID and PWD;
HDR AN PPP, which has a spot for UID and PWD;

Do all of those need to be filled out? If so, what goes where? I have talk/text working, and if I can get this to work...I can deal without MMS/possibly use GoSMS as an alternative (I've read that it recieves MMS even when flashed. Can't confirm/deny it, though.)

Thanks for all your help that you guys have given me so far, I greatly appreciate it!

Edit: Thought of another "What If." If I left the Open Sesame Door folder on EFS, would that hinder me getting data to work by any chance, do you think?

Edit 2: By the way, I tried removing the keys from those fields I mentioned previously, however it keeps them there.

Last edited:

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I know this says Evo 4G, I have the shift. Now, I'm trying to get 3G working, which is a slight pain in the rear. I have my HA and AAA Keys all pulled from my OV. I write them with DFS, and no 3G populates. A couple questions that I have...

3) When I open up DFS, I see a few different options that have my AAA key in them...Namely under Programming > Data, the ones that populate my key are:

Do all of those need to be filled out? If so, what goes where? I have talk/text working, and if I can get this to work...I can deal without MMS/possibly use GoSMS as an alternative (I've read that it recieves MMS even when flashed. Can't confirm/deny it, though.)

Thanks for all your help that you guys have given me so far, I greatly appreciate it!

Edit: Thought of another "What If." If I left the Open Sesame Door folder on EFS, would that hinder me getting data to work by any chance, do you think?

Edit 2: By the way, I tried removing the keys from those fields I mentioned previously, however it keeps them there.

Please check your pm's

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

UncivilSavage

Jan 7, 2012
Whittier

Uid in the first bar: esn@vmobl.com
HDR AN meid@mdata.vmobl.com same as the one after and place your AAA in each password line

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Last edited:

weinerwad3000

Feb 9, 2011
Flagstaff, az

I usually use qpst service programming to write my AAA keys. I rarely have problems. Make sure you select hex and don't mix up your ha and aaa keys.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Hey guys I know this is a little off topic but I have an extra evo I might want to sell in the next few days. The thing is it has no charge port but it's fully flashed to boost. It has the 15 dollar a month data plan and it's set up to use apps to make phone calls and text messages. If anyone wants it pm me and I'll also send the donor phone.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
So, after much delay due to errands, this is what I came up with...see attachment below, I think I've done everything right. Any tips/pointers?

Note: If I try to delete any of the AAA keys, it usually puts it back on its own. So, I'm lost.

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Hmm...still no go....I'm so perplexed by this. When I pulled my AAA keys from my donor, it was 32 characters. How many characters is it supposed to be?

Edit: Could the PRL I'm using perhaps be a cause of this? If so, what PRL SHOULD I be using?

Last edited:

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Alright, so here's what I did, in case someone can catch what I did wrong here:

Step One: OV was activated, so I then took AAA key from it.

Step Two: Deactivated OV, activated Triumph (Donor since it had broken screen)

Step Four: (no step 3, due to questionable things) I then put the AAA key that I pulled from my OV into the Shift. No go, though. My question is: Could that have anything to do with it? Since my OV was the AAA key donor, but is not active? If so...that's a quick fix on my part and I'll feel stupid >.>

LeslieAnn

Feb 8, 2011
Midwest
Hmm...still no go....I'm so perplexed by this. When I pulled my AAA keys from my donor, it was 32 characters. How many characters is it supposed to be?

Edit: Could the PRL I'm using perhaps be a cause of this? If so, what PRL SHOULD I be using?

Yes, you need to change the PRL.

Also, I haven't been patching the AOKP roms because after 2 days or so the phone becomes extremely unstable, by day three, it's almost unusable. The MIUI patched rom (which I like) does the same after 3 and 4 days (not sure why it goes an extra day). I have been using my mms patched Harmonia 2.06 VM Evo 4G based on the official CM7 RC1 which is rock solid. It's not the most current compared to nightlies, but like I said, absolutely rock solid. I would still kill for a patched Mik rom.

Last edited:

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Originally Posted by MrPandroid

Yes, you need to change the PRL.

Also, I haven't been patching AOKP because after 2 days or so the phone becomes extremely unstable, by day three, it's almost unusable. The MIUI patched rom (which I like) does the same after 2-3 days. I have been using my mms patched CM7 RC1 Harmonia 2 for Virgin Mobile Evo 4G which is rock solid. It's not the most current compared to nightlies, but like I said, absolutely rock solid.

I def saw the same on aokp but miui4 runs like a champ. I am going to do the latest build of cm7 specific for vm soon too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit:
    This thread is made to help users move their services on the Evo4g from Sprint to Virgin Mobile. The discussion of ESN cloaking, modifying, spoofing of any kind WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Zero Tolerance for any links or guides on how to do so. Infractions will be issued to those who keep asking..
    This thread will primarly serve the purpose of helping users get their 3G services and mms working properly and help with some other issues.

HTC EVO FLASHING TOOLS AND GUIDE

MMS ROMS FOR EVO 4G

Now in order for picture message to work you will need to be rooted, but for talk, text, and web you're fine running stock rom.

LINK TO BROOKS METHOD OF PATCHING ROMS FOR MMS

PROBABLY TERRIBLE MMS PATCH GUIDE I MADE IN A HURRY.
    Team dirt 1.7.5 MMS patch for virgin mobile Mirror 1
    Team dirt 1.7.5 MMS patch for virgin mobile Mirror 2
    Thanks to jjenkins09 for this MMS patch on the team dirt rom.
    http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/306532-lgntps-files-here.html DLL installation guide courtesy of MikeSalty.
    getting 3g to work.

I have read through the guide and followed it. I got the voice and texting to work but can't get data to work at all. I have tried everything I can think of even used DFS I put ESN@vmobl.com under PAP and the AAA key in pwd but it doesn't retain the info and disappears when I read it again. I have written the PRL for the device but just can't seem to get the data to work also I am a little baffled in the guide as to how to set under mobile IP in profile 1 HA primary to not set and in profile 0 HA primary to dynamic I have set them to 0.0.0.0 and 255.255.255.255 repectively after reading through qpst documentation any help would be great :) I also get error code 67 for data...

NOTE: This post has nothing to do with cloaking, modifying or spoofing ESN. It's simply about where to put previously acquired information

Ok, this is how I got 3g to work, try this:

m.ip tab:

proflie 0:
    untick the enabled thing to make this profile disabled
    nai: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    nai tethered: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    rev tun: (I don't remember but I think it was unchecked, if it doesn't work, just go and check this and it will work)
    all 0.0.0.0
    mn-ha: 21EF
    mn-aaa: 21EF
    ha shared: vmug33k (select string)
    aaa shared: youraaakey (select string, use http://www.string-functions.com/hex-string.aspx to convert your hex aaa to string, it should be 20 characters in hex)

proflie 1:
    tick the enable to enable this profile
    nai: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    nai tethered: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    rev tun: yes
    all IP addresses: 0.0.0.0
    aaa shared: youraaakey (in string format, select string and use the same one from the hex to string converter)

proflie 2:
    tich the enabled box to enable this profile
    nai: yourmeid@prov.vmobl.com (make sure you write prov here instead of mdata)
    nai tethered: yourmeid@prov.vmobl.com (prov instead of mdata here too!)
    rev tun: yes
    all IP addresses: 0.0.0.0
    aaa shared: youraaakey (in string format, like the other two profiles)

disable any other profiles besides 0, 1 and 2

go to PPP Config tab:

don't change anything except the couple of values I say to.

Ignore the RM tab

go to UM tab:
    userid: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    pw:
    tick the Req PW box
    enter your aaa key in STRING format like on the m.ip tabs
    (if your Tethered NAI isn't already filled out, and your 3G doesn't work when you reboot fill the Tethered NAI out with your meid@mdata.vmobl.com)

go to AN tab:
    userid: yourmeid@mdata.vmobl.com
    pw:
    tick the req pw box and enter the string version of you aaa key

after all that write to phone and it will reboot, you probably want to turn wifi off before you do all of this so you can see if 3G works, if it's 3G it will show up INSTANTLY, run a speed test to see if you're getting over 100 kbps, if you're not, go in and change those 2 things (the rev tun on profile 0 and the tethered NAI in the Um tab) and then write to phone and it should work.

source: cobbled together from a ****load of google-fu + guides on flashing to cricket and metropcs. There's also a nice guide on groovypost that I wish I had seen before I tore my hair out for hours trying to fix it.

something else I've run across in the couple of people I talked to, the whole thing should be done on STOCK roms, especially on your LG phone, rooted is fine, but it should be stock so that you can do the dial codes.

dial code for LG diagnostic mode : ##port#

dial code for HTC diagnostic mode: ##3424#

ALSO if you screw up and have both phones on at the same time you'll get ERROR 16 message when you dial out, I did this, I didn't have both phones on, but I did have the battery in my optimusV which I think was the culprit, if ERROR 16 happens to you, call the phone number in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1290906

It will connect you directly with the sprint error 16 tech center, it seems scary but it's fine, just play dumb, give them the account details and the details for your OPTIMUS V, and they'll sort you out in like 10 seconds. When I asked the guy if I should just call back to the center if I got an ERROR 16 code again, he told me "You'll never get an ERROR 16 code again" all ominous sounding.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Hello, I have an LG Rumor Touch and I can't get LGNPST to read it. I have tried different versions and different computers but I can't get it to read. I zeroed out the SPC, 000000, just because it' s easier to remember. When the phone settings tab is clickable, (1.3 version) I put the spc but it says it is incorrect? Can someone please help. Thanks
    PM me and I'll try to help, I imagine that the zeroing out of your service code didn't stick and you'll just have to use your original code, which can be easily obtained through cdma workshop, dfs, or through an app you can dl on the market if you're rooted, I forget what it's called though, spc reader or msl reader or someting.
    I dont have that "model" folder and i installed LGNPST_v1.2_Lab_Version, LGNPST_Components_v3.0.5.0, LGNPST_GenericModels_v3.0.7.0. What did i do wrong?
    inside the LGNPST folder create a directory called Model, and inside that create a directory called MTP

such as c:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Model\MTP

you need to put the dll into that folder

I used LGNPST 1.3 with components version 5 ish

you can get LGNPST 1.3 lab version from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1684394

You can get the components from here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/571325-guide-using-lgnpst-1-3-full-stock-zv5.html

That lab version has a right click driver installer so after you make the directory you can put the vm670.dll into it and right click it to install, or if "Reggie.exe" is in there than you can drag and drop it onto it and it will install, Components 5.0 has to be installed or the dll won't install (it has some file it needs)

hope that helps

EDIT: http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/306532-lgntps-files-here.html - This has like, everything you'll ever need for LGNPST (just ran across the bookmark :) )
    Goodbye all, Thank you UncivilSavage for everything

Well goodbye Virgin Evo peoples, I decided to upgrade during the cybermonday sale, so I'm selling my VM flashed evo and moving on up to the Evo "V" 4g (which is the EVO 3D to the rest of the world).

Thank you so much UncivilSavage for helping me get my phone flashed the first time which showed me how much awesome an android phone can be!

Good luck to the rest of you, I wish you the best on your flashing adventures.

See y'all in the 3D forum.
    As far as the prop. The cdma name and cdma numeric code, and sorry guys if been working like a Trojan on this fix... I'm almost their. Its ridiculously frustrating.