Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

Search This thread

pin70

Sep 10, 2011
I really hope they are optimising it, sorry if this is a necropost.
but does anyone have any more information about this?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
looks like not, and they probably are working on mali by now, not much tegra on market nowadays till tegra4 comes out

and the entirety of millions of Tegra 3 devices sold last year is out of the window for you?

they simply vanished? the Nexus 7, their highest selling so far? still selling

in case you haven't noticed Nvidia made a fortune out of Tegra 3 last year

and what mali??? even Samsung abandoned mali

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
and the entirety of millions of Tegra 3 devices sold last year is out of the window for you?

Now you need to lick your finger and put it on your arse, see if its steamy!!

:good:

zollom

Dec 30, 2010
Buenos Aires

woah, calm down dude, im only 8 post xD

millons sold last year? yes they are out of the window, most of the people that've bought a highend device last year will probably buy a new one this year

now tell me, how MC4 works with better graphics on SGS3 than HOX when they're working on tegra3 devices?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
woah, calm down dude, im only 8 post xD

millons sold last year? yes they are out of the window, most of the people that've bought a highend device last year will probably buy a new one this year

now tell me, how MC4 works with better graphics on SGS3 than HOX when they're working on tegra3 devices?

he doesn't said they still want to optimize all those games for tegra 3 ...Samsung just bought some more rights and they are just copying the games from iOS therefore it is running on samsung phones better.... LOL OWNED :D sry just a joke :D

zollom

Dec 30, 2010
Buenos Aires
he doesn't said they still want to optimize all those games for tegra 3 ...Samsung just bought some more rights and they are just copying the games from iOS therefore it is running on samsung phones better.... LOL OWNED :D sry just a joke :D

oh, i didn't know that!, well this changes the things a little bit, now tell me, if this thread was started on july 2012 (9 moths ago?), i think by now, they should have at least one game optimized for tegra3, right? please tell me which one =)

<sarcasm>
i'm sure they are hard working on tegra 3 devices (which the last one was what, one X+?) and paying no atention on the sells of SGS3, HTC One Nexus 4 or SGS4. Yay guys, let's just develop for older devices, who cares about newcoming devices anyway...
</sarcasm>

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Doea Nexus7 have these optimization problems too?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yea sometimes games are working on it even worse then on the HOX :D

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

oh, i didn't know that!, well this changes the things a little bit, now tell me, if this thread was started on july 2012 (9 moths ago?), i think by now, they should have at least one game optimized for tegra3, right? please tell me which one =)

<sarcasm>
i'm sure they are hard working on tegra 3 devices (which the last one was what, one X+?) and paying no atention on the sells of SGS3, HTC One Nexus 4 or SGS4. Yay guys, let's just develop for older devices, who cares about newcoming devices anyway...
</sarcasm>

No game from them is really optimized which is Heavy 3d like nova or so... Gameloft is just taking money and copy from its to android without compiling from scratch so those games are running bad be a use tegra 3 needs "more special" optimizing...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
The reason that some of the games work better on the s3 for instant is that the Mali gpu has a unified shader where as the Tegra 2,3 don't!
Also I would sacrafise a few games to get actual better performance. The one x is in a lot ways faster than the s3!
Check out 3d mark.
The one x has better gpu and the s3 has a better cpu

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
Its convenient having a phone with balls, but if I want to do a little gaming I use my desktop pc which has 3rd gen i7 and gpu's in sli on a 120hz 27" screen. So what for??? on my HOX or any other phone when it would be second best. I don't give a dam if gl don't release tegra 3 optimised games and given the age of this thread I doubt they ever will.

Sent from...... The Milky Way

ian619420

Jul 5, 2012
Would a tegra 3 qhd resolution 240 ppi play high end games from gameloft with max graphic settings with little to 0 lag since less work from gpu from resolution?

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Would a tegra 3 qhd resolution 240 ppi play high end games from gameloft with max graphic settings with little to 0 lag since less work from gpu from resolution?

you could try...also governor boosting is needed to allow best performance...but on sense 5 with alex v kernel and mpdecision it got really great :) RR3 and riptide 2 are now running between 30-60fps...depends on how many cars etc... and in RR3 which graphics is used

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.
    I contacted gl to let them know about the issues with tegra 3 and they are already aware about it and are working on it :)

soon we will get to enjoy gameloft games lag free on our HOX

HIT THANKS if i helped!!!!!!
    It's the halo effect of the N7. Now that Google's pushing Teg3 by putting in one of their devices that's destined to sell in the tens of million you'll see a lot of app developers that ignored Teg3 or never optimized for it getting on board. The N7 is the best thing that ever could have happened to Teg3.

+1
    Nice! My one x will be a little bit happier once this happens as we've recently opened up our gpu speeds to FAST :good:Thanks faux123
    I already saw that but I don't think it's true, Gameloft guys are just a bunch of liars, I went to their forum and they're most of the time ignoring the Tegra 3 related complaints or answering the exact same way they answered to you (it's like if they're all doing a ctrl+c-ctrl+v)
    And, considering the way Asphalt 7 and The Amazing Spider Man (this game doesn't even support post-treatment for Tegra 3!) were optimised for Tegra 3 and considering that Gameloft had time to do the work before releasing these apps, I guess that nVidia didn't pay the extra money Samsung paid to get properly optimised apps... :mad:
    Even The Dark Knight Rises was not THAT well optimised...
    Considering all that I would assume that Gameloft developpers don't know their work or what "optimising" means but considering how Gameloft games work on SGS2 and SGS3 I think that Samsung just paid some money... :rolleyes: