[BOOT ANIMATION] DROID Ultra Boot Animation

Search This thread

CoyotesFan4Evr

Sep 29, 2012
Glendale
I guess you missed it earlier. I went in and did a search on es file explorer for boot animation files and got rid of a bunch of ones I didn't need or even knew were on the phone. I checked and kept the stock one, moved it to a spot I'll remember, checked the one that came with the ROM, moved it to the same spot so I'll know where it is. And then suddenly the one left was the Resident Evil one and when I rebooted because I generally do every couple days I magically had the Resident Evil boot animation.....FINALLY! LOL So with all of that out of the way now I'm trying to find some other cool ones that I'll like better than the Resident Evil one. I guess I should try the one this thread is about since it seems to be the best one out there in the most popular opinion.

Does anyone know how to change the boot animation in Kit Kat with Sense 5.5 or Sense 6? It's completely different than previous versions of Android/Sense because there is an added Android folder within the current bootanimation.zip.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA running KICKDROID Sense 6/4.4.2 ROM via Tapatalk

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
Does anyone know how to change the boot animation in Kit Kat with Sense 5.5 or Sense 6? It's completely different than previous versions of Android/Sense because there is an added Android folder within the current bootanimation.zip.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA running KICKDROID Sense 6/4.4.2 ROM via Tapatalk

What do you mean by an added folder? Sorry, I haven't run Sense for a while.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

What do you mean by an added folder? Sorry, I haven't run Sense for a while.

The extra folder is located in the hTC_bootup_one.zip file, the folder (Android) isn't located in any of the other boot animation files. If I can locate the file that tells the phone how to run the boot animation, then I could change how it reads the file.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA running Santod40's NuSenseSix ROM via Tapatalk

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
The extra folder is located in the hTC_bootup_one.zip file, the folder (Android) isn't located in any of the other boot animation files. If I can locate the file that tells the phone how to run the boot animation, then I could change how it reads the file.

Can you send me the boot animation zip?

If you have dropbox or Google drive you can upload it to there and just send me a d/l link

I have no idea how to do that. Do you have a general email address that you use? If you do, send it in a PM. I can do that much lol.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Thanks dubsx

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
I have no idea how to do that. Do you have a general email address that you use? If you do, send it in a PM. I can do that much lol.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Thanks dubsx

Do you have Verizon? Is there a file in system/media named vzw_bootup.zip ? If not, rename the custom boot animation to htc_boot up.zip and change permissions to -rw -r -r then reboot

There are no added folders in this zip you sent me so I'm thinking its just an issue with the name/permissions

Last edited:
I sure do/did have Verizon, Unfortunately with that extra folder, there's no way to get it to work because the file structure in the bootanimation.zip adds an extra folder (Android), believe me I have tried everything.

Last edited:

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
I sure do/did have Verizon, Unfortunately with that extra folder, there's no way to get it to work because the file structure in the bootanimation.zip adds an extra folder (Android), believe me I have tried everything.

I looked at the zip, there are no extra folders. It is a normal animation archive. So is there a bootanimation.zip also?

I looked at the zip, there are no extra folders. It is a normal animation archive. So is there a bootanimation.zip also?

dubsx, if you open the zip in es Explorer you will see an android folder, open that and you will find the .jpeg files. Any other boot animation file does not have that, the .jpeg files are all there without the Android folder
I've tried a bunch of things to get it to work, but it's been a no go. If I can find the file that gives the phone the path that provides the boot up. I'm not sure how it works, I'll adjust the path unless it's a system path.

dubsx

Jan 2, 2011
Kent, OH
twitter.com
dubsx, if you open the zip in es Explorer you will see an android folder, open that and you will find the .jpeg files. Any other boot animation file does not have that, the .jpeg files are all there without the Android folder
I've tried a bunch of things to get it to work, but it's been a no go. If I can find the file that gives the phone the path that provides the boot up. I'm not sure how it works, I'll adjust the path unless it's a system path.

That's simply not true. I'm not sure what boot animations you've looked at but they ALL have the images in a folder. Look at this one...there are 2 folders I believe.

Last edited:
That's simply not true. I'm not sure what boot animations you've looked at but they ALL have the images in a folder. Look at this one...there are 2 folders I believe.

dubsx, the Android folder is definitely located within the bootanimation.zip file, I'm not sure of how to remove or alternate it, but with out altering this file, I have no way to change the boot animation. I would like to restore my boot animation to the original boot animation to the one that came with the DNA originally.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help with this, and let's hope it can be figured out.

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
dubsx, the Android folder is definitely located within the bootanimation.zip file, I'm not sure of how to remove or alternate it, but with out altering this file, I have no way to change the boot animation. I would like to restore my boot animation to the original boot animation to the one that came with the DNA originally.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help with this, and let's hope it can be figured out.

KB I am running the same rom u are and have changed the boot animation. take whatever boot zip u want and paste it into system/customize/resource. before u move it rename it to the exact boot zip already In the resource folder. paste it in and change permissions to rw r r and reboot

Reactions: dubsx
KB I am running the same rom u are and have changed the boot animation. take whatever boot zip u want and paste it into system/customize/resource. before u move it rename it to the exact boot zip already In the resource folder. paste it in and change permissions to rw r r and reboot

Thanks mopar, I was able to get the boot animation working with this ROM. I did the exact same thing with my previous ROM and I could not get it to work. So thanks for your help.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: dubsx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DROID Ultra Boot Animation for DROID DNA
    OPTIMIZED FOR DROID DNA
    *Should work on any DNA ROM (see installation instructions below).
    **ADDED: 2 DROID Ultra-inspired wallpapers also in the downloads section

--Nitroglycerine33, for the server space
    --artur0588, for the Ultra system dump found HERE
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    droid_ultra_dna_boot REV03.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This package includes:
    - Boot Animation
    INSTALLATION:

SENSE ROMs:
    -use a file manager with root access (ES file explorer) to copy and paste into the system/resource/customize folder.
    -rename to just vzw_bootup.zip (rename the original boot animation to bak_vzw_bootup.zip in case you want to go back)
    -REBOOT and enjoy

AOSP ROMs:
    -use a file manager with root access (ES file explorer) to copy and paste into the system/media folder (or data/local).
    -rename to bootanimation.zip (rename the original boot animation to bak_bootanimation.zip in case you want to go back)
    -REBOOT and enjoy

**IF YOU HAVE ISSUES GETTING THE ANIMATION TO WORK, MAKE SURE THE FILE'S PERMISSIONS ARE SET TO -rw -r -r **
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AS ALWAYS...I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF USING THIS CONTENT, JUST AS IT IS NO ONE ELSES FAULT FOR ANY DAMAGE I MIGHT DO TO MINE. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE RISKS INVOLVED, YA MIGHT JUST BE BETTER OFF STICKING WITH STOCK. It's not that complicated, just do a little research. Plenty of knowledge floating around...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOADS

DROID Ultra Boot Animation for DROID DNA 14.47 MB

------------------------------------------------------------

DROID Ultra Data Wallpaper
    DROID-UltraData_PREVIEW.jpg

DROID Ultra Carbon Wallpaper
    DROID-Ultra-Carbon_PREVIEW.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't be afraid to use the THANKS/LIKE button ;)
    will this work on.....
    lol
    sorry couldn't resist
    will this work on.....
    lol
    sorry couldn't resist

lol thanks for knockin that one out early

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4
    Sick boot animation,for the last droid made by htc!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    Thanks for this. Looking great on NOS 3.0.6. So much better than that 'HTC One' boot screen.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app