AOSP keyboad stops on gesture typing [SOLVED]

Search This thread

RanzQ

Mar 6, 2014
Has anyone else had issues with gesture typing with Carbon? I like this rom since it has been very stable otherwise. I haven't updated to the latest yet since I read there have been some other issues.

The AOSP keyboard disappears immediately when I try to do some gestures.

EDIT: Updated to 2014-05-03 and installed JBX kernel. Problem still exists.

Last edited:

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Has anyone else had issues with gesture typing with Carbon? I like this rom since it has been very stable otherwise. I haven't updated to the latest yet since I read there have been some other issues.

It's the Gapps package you used not the ROM. Download another one and reflash the ROM with the new Gapps package.

For me, I was having the same issue with Slim minimal Gapps, and having the issue through several different ROM's. I don't have the problem now with Slim AIO.

If I helped hit the thanks.

Reactions: RanzQ

RanzQ

Mar 6, 2014
It's the Gapps package you used not the ROM. Download another one and reflash the ROM with the new Gapps package.

For me, I was having the same issue with Slim minimal Gapps, and having the issue through several different ROM's. I don't have the problem now with Slim AIO.

Yeah, I had stock gapps installed and I found out that AOSP keyboard doesn't work when Google keyboard is installed. Installed pa-gapps micro and now the problem is gone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.