[RUU] att ruu 1.58.502.1 posted

Search This thread

an0ma10us

Jul 4, 2013
I did, but I restored a sense backup first before I ran the ruu.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Were you on the GPE boot loader when you you restored your sense backup? I'm trying to figure out if this RUU will bring a fully converted GPE device back to AT&T flavored Sense

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
Were you on the GPE boot loader when you you restored your sense backup? I'm trying to figure out if this RUU will bring a fully converted GPE device back to AT&T flavored Sense

The RUU exe checks your CID so you may have to restore that to your original first.

Essien

Sep 24, 2009
Austin
Hello, I have been doing some firmware updates and just wanted to check if HTC posted any AT&T RUU's for backup purposes - good news 1.58.502.1 full RUU is posted here -- http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...G_20.31A.4145.02L_release_368350_signed_2.exe

At least now some of us will have easier and less time consuming rollback to AT&T stock! ))

Worked great for me! Was S-Off, Unlocked, Rooted, and running a custom rom.

Applied the RUU then reset my unlock flag with: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571 and was able to get my Isis credit and my free Google drive space.

Reactions: CirgioD

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
SuperCID won't work? I thought I saw someone else using SuperCID to restore...

RUU won't check your SuperCID or Unlocked flag if you're S-off, at least that's how it always worked for me!

Applied the RUU then reset my unlock flag with: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708571 and was able to get my Isis credit and my free Google drive space.

Thanks for letting us know, it seems other users have fastboot/drivers issues or their firmware is higher than the one ruu contains -- those were some problems when I ran ruu's on m7! ?

orvon.freeman

Mar 30, 2011
Virginia Beach
trying to do the return to stock restored backup but cant install stock recovery via fastboot get bootmagic check fail, I did the Gpe conversion. Still s-off and cid CWS__001

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008

????? Isis credit?

edit: just signed up, free $25 BAM. =D Gonna take my girl out for dinner. Thanks for the heads up, this wasn't advertised anywhere. Only requirement was to unroot, but I can fix that after I spend the money up lol

Last edited:

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
still pissed I cant get the RUU to run at all! maybe it hates brand new built computers? lol. funny thing is fastboot adb pushing files. and google play conversion all goes smooth. I don't know whats up with this RUU

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
well after much aggravation ran the RUU pulled the rom.zip from the temp folder. renamed it to 0P6BIMG.zip transferred it to my usb drive. hooked up the drive to a dual wire just like i did with my old htc one x and boom read file watched progress bars go in Hboot and is restoring as we speak. so those of yous having trouble with the RUU you can do it this way. i dug up my old pic from the cloud

it seems HTC is doing something new with HDR image files

30wroy8.jpg

Reactions: CirgioD

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
SuperCID won't work? I thought I saw someone else using SuperCID to restore...

Super cid should be fine. The question is when it trys to detect the version of your phone. I think when I had my m7 I had to be on a stock sense Rom or backup before I ran the ruu.

You can always try and if it does not work the ruu will stop before it starts and say the device is unrecognizable

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

arh2o

Jun 10, 2011
ROOT CITY
Question, I have an AT&T M8 which I've flashed with an international ROM base (1.54.401.5) - using nVrom. Can I flash this AT&T firmware and keep using the other ROM?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
So i can upgrade my firmware without wiping my recovery and rom out

I have not had time to decrypt it myself, but obviously that might be easier then answering "Why?" questions here....

Asking for the firmware is a different question. The firmware.zip was posted in the thread discussing the OTA:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52672520&postcount=116

One person commented that the downloaded file was corrupted. Others seemed to be able to flash it successfully. So I guess do your due diligence before flashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Root-Maniac

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Asking for the firmware is a different question. The firmware.zip was posted in the thread discussing the OTA:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52672520&postcount=116

One person commented that the downloaded file was corrupted. Others seemed to be able to flash it successfully. So I guess do your due diligence before flashing.

Signed zip's will always say corrupted when you try to unzip because they are encrypted. I verified that firmware.zip from the ota, and rom.zip from the full ruu work perfect in rebootRUU mode. They should work with stock CWS__001 cid, but I only tested with super cid. Firmware.zip will not wipe your phone. It does wipe your kernel and recovery so you will have to flash recovery and if you are running custom kernel, you will need to flash it again. Obviously wipes root if you are on stock rom, just flash again. Rom.zip from ruu fully wipes phone and puts it to bone stock. Neither can mess with your boot loader or soff.

Top Liked Posts