[MOD]Aluminium weather "Strat-O-Sphere" project for Dali Sense

Search This thread

tin2404

Imagine this : ....Surreal Sun made of shinny polished steel glows while moving across display,aluminium clouds and stars shows up brightening liquid metallic pond below,Moon glowing and rain made of titanium start falling blowing aluminium leaves across screen....massive freezing metallic snow starts to glow and fall through display....

Because of its complexity and lack of my knowledge, but needed for Salvadore Dali Aluminium suite,I decided to open thread in a first place for "Weather cheffs and modders" to see where I lack,and to make it much more perfect as it should to be.
Preview of some weather events ;

4eb88500manila.png
0fed33bemanila.png
10c401e2manila.png
5b7ae367manila.png
21e6c617manila.png
6724e621manila.png

You can download weather cab below, install it,test it, bring any solution,and you can deinstall it if you whish.
Before installation you need to dissable Sense and after installation reset device !
When you deinstall,original weather will show up again.This is done little bit "fuzzy" to get liquid effect ( take a look on Sun rays and below Sun on first image attached here where back rays look like liquid metallic water.It is not static ! It is dynamic and flows when Sun moving accross.).On the other hand,I need help about Snow effect because I can't find manila file corresponding to little fluffy snowballs.
Below are preview images..Any bug report and solution is more than welcome.

DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN REDIRECTED HERE !

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,592
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 680
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 524
  • Screen05.jpg
    Screen05.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Screen06.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 417
  • Screen08.jpg
    Screen08.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 761
  • Screen09.jpg
    Screen09.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

SirMcFrosty

Apr 12, 2008
www.gnc-clan.de
i have one question tin... may be you can help out.

do you have any information/knowledge or ideas if and how i can control the animated graphicparts (sunrays, rain and so on)? my creations try to get to the point where i have only a complete static weather (later on also the weather tab which has no animated sunrays and so on)

it would be really helpfull if you could share a bit of your knowledge about the weatherpart (in my case sense 2.5 (2016) WVGA)
i hope there is a possibility to do things like that without any CHT or such

thx in advance

tin2404

i have one question tin... may be you can help out.

do you have any information/knowledge or ideas if and how i can control the animated graphicparts (sunrays, rain and so on)? my creations try to get to the point where i have only a complete static weather (later on also the weather tab which has no animated sunrays and so on)

it would be really helpfull if you could share a bit of your knowledge about the weatherpart (in my case sense 2.5 (2016) WVGA)
i hope there is a possibility to do things like that without any CHT or such

thx in advance

I am still work on that idea for my Caleidoscope Sense UI.Theory is to use g sensor to control weather aplication..Sun rays,clouds and other elements become fluid as you move device..
I have stopped with developing by now, because I focused on Dali Caleidoscope,and it is a lot of learning yet,but when I collect files I do share here..so,stay tuned !
;)

SirMcFrosty

Apr 12, 2008
www.gnc-clan.de
I am still work on that idea for my Caleidoscope Sense UI.Theory is to use g sensor to control weather aplication..Sun rays,clouds and other elements become fluid as you move device..
I have stopped with developing by now, because I focused on Dali Caleidoscope,and it is a lot of learning yet,but when I collect files I do share here..so,stay tuned !
;)

ah sad... so you know which files are responsible for the graphic/picture itself but not which will control the movement of these graphic(pieces). sigh
would be to easy to think that they just used some animated gifs... they dont use commands to have hardware acclerated animations i would say - otherwise it would be faster - and no typical pic formats like gif. so damnit how do they do it? a kind of pic where the pic movement itself is controlled via parameter or so i would think. but still i wonder about the sunrays... why does it take so much power and it looks still more like a full effect from something out of GL or Dx.... hmmm

if i would have a clue where to search. but all these manila files have just weird names and numbers and i dont know if there is existing a kind of known-manila-files-list floating around on the net... may be you know such? ;)

tin2404

manila files for weather are in QTC png format.I do not have files here right now, but it will be wise to post it here.
animation behavour is controlled by executive manila mode9 file which corresponds to behavour....Te PROBLEM is that this file is NOT THE SAME for all ROMs...I belive it can be changed.Iam looking what manila mode9 file is aimed for animated effect...It is not that complicated as it appears.
Manila mode9 file controlls behavour of static png animations and that can be changed.(if you have noticed only LEFT behavour movement of weather events are possible) but bigger problem is to make graphic fluid.Therefore,it is possible to ADD graphic manila files for very slight fine animation and do some manila9 programming.
That is what I do right now.

About weather graphics...Search function of this forum was allways helpfull to me.:)
there are a lot of them here on forum so it could be no problem to find it without searching device...Bigger and advanced task is to ADD additional files to weather events and to make them fluid...So,thats why I called it MAGNET-O-SPHERE Project...Quite a task.but it will be looks smashing on my Caleidoscope.

Last edited:

Smellie2

Apr 25, 2010
Is this weather app. still available? I really like it, but the link puts me through to the theme thread and I don't see it there.