[RECOVERY LOCKED] Safestrap Recovery v3.71/v3.72 [2014-04-02 KK Beta]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
*** DISCLAIMER ***
I work on projects that may brick your device. Don't sue me, hate me or try and kill my dog if that happens. I will feel bad the community will feel bad and hopefully we'll find a way to get you going again. But, the very nature of my projects involves a certain amount of risk taken by YOU. And by using the projects that I work on, you've accepted that fact.

WARNING #1: CURRENTLY THERE IS AN UNKNOWN ISSUE WHERE IF YOU HAVE ENCRYPTION ENABLED AND INSTALL SS IT BOOTLOOPS. IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SAFESTRAP FOR NOW.

USEFUL LINK OF TW ROMS:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

CURRENT PROJECT STATUS:
v3.72 (NB1): Beta testing, no rom-slots
v3.71 (MK2): Debugging some rom-slot issues
v3.65 (TW4.2): Stable

WHAT IS SAFESTRAP?

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. The goal is to avoid touching your primary system (I'll call this "stock" system) and only flash or make large changes to another place on your phone that Safestrap treats as a "2nd system" (in this case, it's a series of virtual ROM slots located on the internal emmc area: "/sdcard"). Once installed, you will see a "Splashscreen" giving you the option to hit "menu" to enter recovery. The recovery portion of Safestrap is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.0 (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here. The additional features I've added to TWRP are mostly located under the "Boot Options" menu:

1. Here you can create virtual ROM-slots (2 on the S4 due to partition size and internal space) for flashing ROMs. These ROM-slots allow for 3 different sizes of /data partitions: 1GB, 2GB and 3GB. NOTE: The bigger you make the /data partition the less room you will have to make other ROM-slots.
  2. You can activate a new ROM-slot by choosing the slot you wish to make active and then selecting the "Activate" button. Once active, you will see the "rom-slot#" up in the top of the screen shown in green. If you make the "stock" ROM active, then you can see it in the top shown in red.
  3. Once a ROM-slot is active, all actions you would normally perform using TWRP are directed to that ROM-slot. For example, "Install" to flash a .zip, backup and restore.

For more information you can read up here:
http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

HOW DO I INSTALL SAFESTRAP?

1. Requirement: Root
  2. Requirement: Allow APK install from Unknown Sources
  3. Download the Safestrap APK
  4. Find the APK using a Filemanager tool and open it on your device, then click "Install".
  5. (If updating from an existing Safestrap you might be warned that this will over-write the existing installation. Click the "Yes" equivalent to this message.)
  6. Once installed, open up the Safestrap application as you would any other app.
  7. Agree to the disclaimer that you won't try to sue me and hunt me down with a rifle if you manage to break your phone..
  8. Then use the "Install Recovery" button. You should see the current version down in the lower left corner of the window. And the "Status:" should say "Installed" when you're done.
  9. From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
  10. That's it for the installation! Read below for a brief overview of Safestrap Recovery v3.x

HOW DO I ENTER RECOVERY?

During each reboot a splashscreen will be displayed showing whether the device is running a rom-slot or on the "Stock ROM".
Press under the button shown on the screen to either enter "RECOVERY" or "CONTINUE" booting.
By "under", I mean on the touch key portion of the front display on either side of the center button.

HOW DO I UPGRADE SAFESTRAP?
  • Push the APK up to your sdcard.
  • Boot back into the "stock" rom-slot.
  • Go into your old Safestrap app and use the "Uninstall Recovery" button
  • THEN, open a "file explorer" of some sort (even TW "My Files" will work)
  • Browse to where you pushed the APK
  • Click on it and install like normal
  • Once installed, open the APK
  • Grant SU access
  • Use the "Install Recovery" button
  • All set, now you can reboot and re-activate whatever rom-slot you were using

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • [v3.72] ROM-SLOTs aren't supported yet
  • [v3.72] "Reboot Recovery" doesn't work in the APK?

NEW TO v3.72:
  • TWRP 2.7.0.x update for the base recovery. This includes vibration support, backup time/date fixes and more.
  • ROM-SLOTs now have a 16gb size limit (vs 4gb previously) [THEY DON'T WORK YET IN KK THO SO BE PATIENT]

DOWNLOADS:
CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE USING AN AT&T SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 (NOT THE ACTIVE MODEL)

MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE UPGRADING TO v3.7x FROM v3.65 THAT YOU USE THE "UNINSTALL RECOVERY" BUTTON IN THE v3.65 APK BEFORE INSTALLING v3.7x.

NOTE: USE ONLY ROMS THAT MATCH UP WITH YOUR TOUCHWIZ VERSION. IF YOU'RE ON MK2 THEN ONLY USE ROMS BASED ON MK2 AND IF YOU'RE ON MF3 ONLY USE ROMS BASED ON MF3

FIND YOUR STOCK OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION BELOW AND USE THAT FILENAME:

FOR USERS OF NB1:
USE 3.72+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72.apk (updated 2014-04-02)

FOR USERS OF MK2:
USE 3.71+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTEATT-3.71.apk (updated 2013-12-27)

FOR USERS OF MF3 (TW4.2):
LATEST FILE: Safestrap-JFLTEATT-3.65.apk (updated 2013-11-15)

Main XDA Downloads Page
Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)

ALSO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL MODULES .ZIP THAT MATCHES YOUR BUILD # (FLASH THIS AFTER ROMS):
MF3: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=508
MK2: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=3275

HOW TO MANUALLY REMOVE SAFESTRAP:
[ INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR PRIOR TO v3.65. REMOVE VIA APK FOR v3.70+ ]

Enter adb shell from your pc:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh.bin /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh
rm -rf /system/etc/safestrap
rm /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
ln -s /firmware/image/q6.mdt /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
mount -o remount,ro /system

As of version 3.6x, Safestrap Recovery is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.x. For more on TWRP you can visit their website: http://www.teamw.in/

WARNING: Safestrap is heavily modified to be "Safe" for your device. Do not download TWRP from their website and expect it to work the same way. Also TWRP does not support Safestrap, tho some issues that may come up will be TWRP dependant, please try and contact myself or look on the forums for your device for answers before hunting down TWRP people. They won't be able to help w/ Safestrap specific questions.

This thread is a development ONLY thread.
For discussion go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428254

XDA:DevDB Information
Safestrap Recovery v3.71 (JB) / v3.72 (KK), a Tool/Utility for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Hashcode, DeesTroy & TeamWin

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.71
Stable Release Date: 2013-12-27
Current Beta Version: 3.72
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-02

Created 2013-09-18
Last Updated 2014-04-02

Attachments

• background-nonsafe.jpg
    background-nonsafe.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 148,346
  • background-safe.jpg
    background-safe.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 146,673
  • ss-3.50-01-main.jpg
    ss-3.50-01-main.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 147,460
  • ss-3.50-02-choose-romslot.jpg
    ss-3.50-02-choose-romslot.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 145,638
  • ss-3.50-03-create-romslot.jpg
    ss-3.50-03-create-romslot.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 143,838
Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Reserved

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Bluetooth remote control isn't working on rom-slots.

CHANGELOG:
[2013/11/13] TWRP updates
[2013/11/13] "toolbox" binary / symlinks in recovery fixed
[2013/11/11] Uninstall from the APK fixed
[2013/09/17] /sdcard mounting bugfix
[2013/09/17] Hijack improments to support default rootfs files
[2013/09/17] ROM-slot image creation bugfix for size > 2gb
[2013/09/12] Much improved block device handling
[2013/09/11] Bugfix in script translation
[2013/09/11] hijack / init.rc tweaks
[2013/09/11] Bugfix for display lag / buffering issue (WIP)
[2013/09/10] Adjust "ROM-slot" display in UI
[2013/09/10] /data/media handling changes
[2013/09/06] custom twrp.fstab files
[2013/09/06] /data/media handling changes

Last edited:

Andrew149

Jul 17, 2010
Modesto CA
Add the MF3 kernel module .zip to the "Downloads" section.
http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=680#downloads

Keep this on your SD card and flash it to the ROM-slot AFTER flashing a rom.

This will update your kernel modules to match the MF3 kernel and restore function to: wifi, bluetooth, gps etc.

WIFI WORKS!!!!!!!! and so does everything else...

Hash can i backup my stock rom to the external sd card and than delete it so i get my 10gigs back? is that safe?

sykoj82

Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, NH
Graviton Rom works on SS... no issues at the moment ...what else are other users using?

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Can I flash performance mods zips only on slot 1 like killjoy or flyon mod etc? Or no because the stock kernel doesn't have init.d support?

Edit: as long as you flash to slot 1-4 everything will be safe. .. currently using darth stalker rom and that has init.d support, no issues at the moment. :)

Last edited:

jan g

Mar 27, 2012
san juan
HI

Graviton Rom works on SS... no issues at the moment ...what else are other users using?

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Can I flash performance mods zips only on slot 1 like killjoy or flyon mod etc? Or no because the stock kernel doesn't have init.d support?

HELLO GREETINGS GUYS, GREAT JOB, I HAVE A DOUBT REGARDING THE SAFE ROMS SUPPORT STRAPS, AND ROM VERSIONS
1 - VERSION 4.3 SUPPORT? SS
2 - VERSION 4.2.2 SUPPORT? ROMS SUPPORT IS SS
3-THEME CAN FLASH MOD, ECT ..,?
* FINALLY HAVE MANY ROM Pacht LOKI LOKI IS DEVE install AFTER THE ROM OR NOT ONLY THE MODULE MF3? SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH I AM USING GOOGLE TRANSLATOR .. THANKS ..

HOLA CHICOS SALUDOS ,,GRAN TRABAJO,TENGO UNA DUDA EN CUANTO LOS ROMS SOPORTE PARA SAFE STRAPS,Y VERSIONES DE ROM
1- 4.3 VERSION SOPPORTE?SS
2- 4.2.2 VERSION SOPPORTE?SS CUAL ROMS SOPORTE
3-SE PUEDE FLASHEAR MOD THEME, ECT..,?
POR ULTIMO MUCHOS ROM TIENE LOKI PACHT SE DEVE INTALAR EL LOKI DESPUES DEL ROM O NO SOLAMENTE EL MODULO MF3 ? DISCULPEN POR MI INGLES ESTOY USANDO GOOGLE TRADUCTOR..GRACIAS..

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find a clear answer and I want to make sure of this before I try.

My "stock" ROMs are always CM-based 4.3 ROMs (haven't used TW in awhile). I got my S4 when it was still MDL so my qfuse isn't blown - so my intended use for this is only for the additional ROM slots. I have gathered that, at least for now, the only ROMs we can flash to the additional slots have to be TW or GPE 4.2.2. But my question is, does my primary ROM also have to meet that description? Or can I keep my 4.3 AOSP ROM as my primary?

dtruong23

May 19, 2010
AT&T Error

Hello,

I flashed the GEP rom to Rom Slot 1 and now I am getting an error that says Kernel Fail; System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest AT&T store for help. There is a yellow triangle.

I followed the instructions, but now have a hosed phone unless I can somehow restore the backup of my stock rom.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks for your efforts.

sykoj82

Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, NH
Hello,

I flashed the GEP rom to Rom Slot 1 and now I am getting an error that says Kernel Fail; System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest AT&T store for help. There is a yellow triangle.

I followed the instructions, but now have a hosed phone unless I can somehow restore the backup of my stock rom.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks for your efforts.

Oh no...I hope I don't see that. I wish you luck! Was your phone encrypted to begin with?

Does anybody know why it would say this? Now I'm hesitant to flash anymore roms.

Last edited:

sykoj82

Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, NH
Phone was not encrypted. I might have to take it in to AT&T or Best Buy Samsung Experience store. The phone gets into Download Mode, so at least that still works.

Wow...so far I flashed 2 different roms...I haven't tried the one you flashed...good luck to u... I'm definitely scared to flash any more roms...but you are 100% positive slot 1 was activated before flashing right? Thats the only thing I can think of that "stock" was activated..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DISCLAIMER ***
    I work on projects that may brick your device. Don't sue me, hate me or try and kill my dog if that happens. I will feel bad the community will feel bad and hopefully we'll find a way to get you going again. But, the very nature of my projects involves a certain amount of risk taken by YOU. And by using the projects that I work on, you've accepted that fact.

WARNING #1: CURRENTLY THERE IS AN UNKNOWN ISSUE WHERE IF YOU HAVE ENCRYPTION ENABLED AND INSTALL SS IT BOOTLOOPS. IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SAFESTRAP FOR NOW.

USEFUL LINK OF TW ROMS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616221

CURRENT PROJECT STATUS:
    v3.72 (NB1): Beta testing, no rom-slots
    v3.71 (MK2): Debugging some rom-slot issues
    v3.65 (TW4.2): Stable

WHAT IS SAFESTRAP?

Safestrap is a Bootstrap / Recovery for locked bootloader phones. The goal is to avoid touching your primary system (I'll call this "stock" system) and only flash or make large changes to another place on your phone that Safestrap treats as a "2nd system" (in this case, it's a series of virtual ROM slots located on the internal emmc area: "/sdcard"). Once installed, you will see a "Splashscreen" giving you the option to hit "menu" to enter recovery. The recovery portion of Safestrap is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.0 (a touch based recovery) and you can perform .zip installs, backups and restores here. The additional features I've added to TWRP are mostly located under the "Boot Options" menu:

1. Here you can create virtual ROM-slots (2 on the S4 due to partition size and internal space) for flashing ROMs. These ROM-slots allow for 3 different sizes of /data partitions: 1GB, 2GB and 3GB. NOTE: The bigger you make the /data partition the less room you will have to make other ROM-slots.
    2. You can activate a new ROM-slot by choosing the slot you wish to make active and then selecting the "Activate" button. Once active, you will see the "rom-slot#" up in the top of the screen shown in green. If you make the "stock" ROM active, then you can see it in the top shown in red.
    3. Once a ROM-slot is active, all actions you would normally perform using TWRP are directed to that ROM-slot. For example, "Install" to flash a .zip, backup and restore.

For more information you can read up here:
    http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

HOW DO I INSTALL SAFESTRAP?

1. Requirement: Root
    2. Requirement: Allow APK install from Unknown Sources
    3. Download the Safestrap APK
    4. Find the APK using a Filemanager tool and open it on your device, then click "Install".
    5. (If updating from an existing Safestrap you might be warned that this will over-write the existing installation. Click the "Yes" equivalent to this message.)
    6. Once installed, open up the Safestrap application as you would any other app.
    7. Agree to the disclaimer that you won't try to sue me and hunt me down with a rifle if you manage to break your phone..
    8. Then use the "Install Recovery" button. You should see the current version down in the lower left corner of the window. And the "Status:" should say "Installed" when you're done.
    9. From there you can reboot and you *should* see a new splash screen during the boot up. While this is showing you can enter Safestrap Recovery using the [ menu ] button.
    10. That's it for the installation! Read below for a brief overview of Safestrap Recovery v3.x

HOW DO I ENTER RECOVERY?

During each reboot a splashscreen will be displayed showing whether the device is running a rom-slot or on the "Stock ROM".
    Press under the button shown on the screen to either enter "RECOVERY" or "CONTINUE" booting.
    By "under", I mean on the touch key portion of the front display on either side of the center button.

HOW DO I UPGRADE SAFESTRAP?
    • Push the APK up to your sdcard.
    • Boot back into the "stock" rom-slot.
    • Go into your old Safestrap app and use the "Uninstall Recovery" button
    • THEN, open a "file explorer" of some sort (even TW "My Files" will work)
    • Browse to where you pushed the APK
    • Click on it and install like normal
    • Once installed, open the APK
    • Grant SU access
    • Use the "Install Recovery" button
    • All set, now you can reboot and re-activate whatever rom-slot you were using

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • [v3.72] ROM-SLOTs aren't supported yet
    • [v3.72] "Reboot Recovery" doesn't work in the APK?

NEW TO v3.72:
    • TWRP 2.7.0.x update for the base recovery. This includes vibration support, backup time/date fixes and more.
    • ROM-SLOTs now have a 16gb size limit (vs 4gb previously) [THEY DON'T WORK YET IN KK THO SO BE PATIENT]

DOWNLOADS:
    CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE USING AN AT&T SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 (NOT THE ACTIVE MODEL)

MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE UPGRADING TO v3.7x FROM v3.65 THAT YOU USE THE "UNINSTALL RECOVERY" BUTTON IN THE v3.65 APK BEFORE INSTALLING v3.7x.

NOTE: USE ONLY ROMS THAT MATCH UP WITH YOUR TOUCHWIZ VERSION. IF YOU'RE ON MK2 THEN ONLY USE ROMS BASED ON MK2 AND IF YOU'RE ON MF3 ONLY USE ROMS BASED ON MF3

FIND YOUR STOCK OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION BELOW AND USE THAT FILENAME:

FOR USERS OF NB1:
    USE 3.72+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72.apk (updated 2014-04-02)

FOR USERS OF MK2:
    USE 3.71+:BETA Safestrap-JFLTEATT-3.71.apk (updated 2013-12-27)

FOR USERS OF MF3 (TW4.2):
    LATEST FILE: Safestrap-JFLTEATT-3.65.apk (updated 2013-11-15)

Main XDA Downloads Page
    Mirror 1 (Goo.im)
    Mirror 2 (Crackflashers)

ALSO DOWNLOAD THE KERNEL MODULES .ZIP THAT MATCHES YOUR BUILD # (FLASH THIS AFTER ROMS):
    MF3: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=508
    MK2: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=3275

HOW TO MANUALLY REMOVE SAFESTRAP:
    [ INSTRUCTIONS ONLY FOR PRIOR TO v3.65. REMOVE VIA APK FOR v3.70+ ]

Enter adb shell from your pc:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    mv /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh.bin /system/etc/init.qcom.modem_links.sh
    rm -rf /system/etc/safestrap
    rm /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
    ln -s /firmware/image/q6.mdt /system/etc/firmware/q6.mdt
    mount -o remount,ro /system

As of version 3.6x, Safestrap Recovery is now based on TWRP 2.6.3.x. For more on TWRP you can visit their website: http://www.teamw.in/

WARNING: Safestrap is heavily modified to be "Safe" for your device. Do not download TWRP from their website and expect it to work the same way. Also TWRP does not support Safestrap, tho some issues that may come up will be TWRP dependant, please try and contact myself or look on the forums for your device for answers before hunting down TWRP people. They won't be able to help w/ Safestrap specific questions.

This thread is a development ONLY thread.
    For discussion go here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428254

XDA:DevDB Information
    Safestrap Recovery v3.71 (JB) / v3.72 (KK), a Tool/Utility for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Hashcode, DeesTroy & TeamWin

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.71
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-27
    Current Beta Version: 3.72
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-02

Created 2013-09-18
    Last Updated 2014-04-02
    Working on the VZW S4 update to safestrap for 4.3 support (selinux).
    As soon as its decent, you can expect a new update here as well.

Sorry its taking a while. None of this has ever been done.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    Reserved

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Bluetooth remote control isn't working on rom-slots.

CHANGELOG:
    [2013/11/13] TWRP updates
    [2013/11/13] "toolbox" binary / symlinks in recovery fixed
    [2013/11/11] Uninstall from the APK fixed
    [2013/09/17] /sdcard mounting bugfix
    [2013/09/17] Hijack improments to support default rootfs files
    [2013/09/17] ROM-slot image creation bugfix for size > 2gb
    [2013/09/12] Much improved block device handling
    [2013/09/11] Bugfix in script translation
    [2013/09/11] hijack / init.rc tweaks
    [2013/09/11] Bugfix for display lag / buffering issue (WIP)
    [2013/09/10] Adjust "ROM-slot" display in UI
    [2013/09/10] /data/media handling changes
    [2013/09/06] custom twrp.fstab files
    [2013/09/06] /data/media handling changes
    **Updated** Safestrap-I337-KitKat-v3.75 w/Working ROM Slots!

**No Mirrors Please** All precautions, limitations, and known issues stated in the OP still apply! Proceed to install and use at your own risk!

Current Version:
    [11/15/2014] - Safestrap-I337-3.75-KitKat-A03.apk [NB1/NC1/NI1/NJ4] - Requires that you have BusyBox installed (make certain that you open the BusyBox app after downloading from the Play Store and actually install BusyBox!).

Instructions:
    1. Uninstall previous Safestrap recovery version using the Safestrap app "Uninstall Recovery" function.
    2. Uninstall the previous Safestrap app from your app drawer.
    3. Go into SuperSu settings and "forget" the previous Safestrap version's root privileges.
    4. Place the new Safestrap-I337-KitKat-3.75.apk onto your sdcard or extsdcard.
    5. Install the new Safestrap-I337-KitKat-3.75.apk.
    6. Locate and open the new Safestrap app from your app drawer and press "Install Recovery." Done!

Previous Versions:
    [11/11//2014] Safestrap-I337-3.75-KitKat-A02.apk [NB1/NC1/NI1]
    [10/19/2014] Safestrap-I337-3.75-KitKat-A01.apk [NB1/NC1/NI1]
    [Initial Release] Safestrap-I337-3.75-KitKat.apk [NB1/NC1/NI1]

Changelog:
    vA03 - [Current Version] Resolved issue where the Safestrap app would "force close" or fail to install after OTA updates. Setting SELinux to permissive is no longer required.
    vA02 - Failed! - resolved "reboot from rom slot bug.
    vA01 - Added Surge1223's feature setting selinux to permissive upon install and eliminating the need for the SELinux Mode Changer app.
    v3.75 - Initial Release - Enabled ROM Slots.

Disclosures/Known Issues:
    1) When powering down from the ROM running on a ROM slot the phone will hang. You must long-press the power button to shut down the device. I will debug as time permits.
    2) Backups made with earlier Safestrap versions will not restore. You must make a new backup using v3.75.
    3) Per Hashcode......."the system size is now not adjustable on 4.3. Samsung put in a verification that has issues if the partition size changes too much. So I opted to keep it exactly the same as stock."

This is a Development Thread! Therefore, please do not post comments related to ROM specific issues, favorite ROM's, that weird rash that won't go away, etc., in this thread. Please use the following thread in the General section for non-development related discussion: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/updated-safestrap-i337-kitkat-v3-75-rom-t2904854

Credits:
    @Hashcode
    @Surge1223 - vA01
    Add the MF3 kernel module .zip to the "Downloads" section.
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=680#downloads

Keep this on your SD card and flash it to the ROM-slot AFTER flashing a rom.

This will update your kernel modules to match the MF3 kernel and restore function to: wifi, bluetooth, gps etc.