Super Zombie Pro Run PostMortem , some marketing tips for new developers to android

Search This thread

Mr.HB

May 31, 2014
play.google.com
Super Zombie Pro Run was a game that was really a game/ app. Yes Super Zombie Run Pro had a basic highscore run game but its strength was not the game but a short stories section and free streaming movie's section. After being downloaded 86 times , the focus was clear when Bulgaria got 60% of the downloads.
That lead to a clear picture of where to target marketing efforts visiting Bulgarian facebook groups and tweeting making sure the include the countries hashtag #Bulgaria #BulgariaGames .After focusing marketing efforts toward Bulgaria Super Zombie Pro Run reached the highest point it would ever reach in its peak Top 100 in the 78th rank of the action chart in which it made $26 in AD revenue the 4 days it stayed on the top 100. While it was short lived the experience definitely helps pave the way towards better marketing in the future.
In hindsight more effort should have been put toward the game itself rather than thinking the full package would be enough. If it hadn't been rushed Super Zombie Pro Run would have done much better. Thanks to Aye T and Notifymob for helping along the way.

Google Play Link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zombie.app

Any questions you have feel free to ask!!

top_1010.png

Last edited:

TheGTS

Jul 11, 2013
New York City
Super Zombie Pro Run was a game that was really a game/ app. Yes Super Zombie Run Pro had a basic highscore run game but its strength was not the game but a short stories section and free streaming movie's section. After being downloaded 86 times , the focus was clear when Bulgaria got 60% of the downloads.
That lead to a clear picture of where to target marketing efforts visiting Bulgarian facebook groups and tweeting making sure the include the countries hashtag #Bulgaria #BulgariaGames .After focusing marketing efforts toward Bulgaria Super Zombie Pro Run reached the highest point it would ever reach in its peak Top 100 in the 78th rank of the action chart in which it made $26 in AD revenue the 4 days it stayed on the top 100. While it was short lived the experience definitely helps pave the way towards better marketing in the future.
In hindsight more effort should have been put toward the game itself rather than thinking the full package would be enough. If it hadn't been rushed Super Zombie Pro Run would have done much better. Thanks to Aye T and Notifymob for helping along the way.

Google Play Link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.zombie.app

Any questions you have feel free to ask!!

top_1010.png

Hey bro you're download link isn't working.

Mr.HB

May 31, 2014
play.google.com
So, targeting Bulgarians gave your app more installs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok at 1st I targeted worldwide and when most of my downloads came from Bulgaria , then I focus all my marketing resources towards Bulgaria. I rather have had an english speaking country because thats my language but I went with the country that downloaded my app the most. One big error I made was not localizing the description when I was ranking high, I forgot all about it till it was too late.

Last edited: