Unoffical thread for everything somehow related to samsung galaxy gio

Search This thread

UtCollector@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2011
Hi, Im Frank. Im Dutch. I like getting to many days older lol.. 34 years jong. Still feeling as good as ever:p I just dont like spending lots of money on a phone. Sow the GIO is great. Bought at the AH shop;) Why buy a big SG3 that is big as hell.

RonninDAMN

Oct 8, 2011
Kraljevo
www.google.com
Hi, I'm from Serbia! :)
I'll be 18 in 15 days, high-school student, love Android, love my Gio.
And yes, I was always scared of flashing custom Roms, so I was using KIES and updating my firmware.
But I was kinda addicted to see new roms, so I flashed a lot of them.
I'm currently on DroidGiov2.2, but that ICS Layouts patch isn't working for me, so I'm a bit sad. :)

LordJeremy

Jan 7, 2012
Rotterdam
Since everyone is introducing themselves, I will do the same!
I'm Jeremy, high school student, live in the Netherlands and I'm 15 years old.
The gio is my first android phone which I bought in 2011 in March.
I've been following this thread since July 2011, and I like the people around here!
Best of luck to you guys with porting/making roms, I'll be testing them happily :p

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
Hey people!
Well im from pakistan but i live in Bahrain and im 13 and im proud to have my first smartphone Galaxy Gio. When I first bought this phone i dared not to root or flash any roms but later on after a month buying this phone i had the courage decided to root this phone and flash rom and yes i have maclaws CM9(i think so)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda premium

zivgt2

Mar 6, 2012
Hi everybody!
I brought my Gio about 18 mouths ago, used stock Froyo for a long time,
and then upgraded to stock GB, which just made my Gio slow and laggy,
so I found XDA, then tried to root at first, so I could install some tweaking apps,
afterward I tried flash Phiexz's kernel plus Adrenalin Engine, very fast and smooth and fully functional indeed, although it always takes very long time to get root permission, but since I am just a forum reader I haven't try to learn how to tweak my Gio myself.. :p
then I tried Maclaw CM9 RC1, acceptable for daily use, but something happened so it's abandoned. :eek:
Now I am using Erikcas's lastest CM10 with V6 supercharger, also good for daily use despite limited function camera , I overclock it to 883mhz to make it a little more responsive, but it just make me headache to do a full wipe for a new release every several days...
I am now considering a more stable release, either Erikcas's CM9 or one of the CM7s here. ;)

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
Hi guys :D
Tyk to xda, in my college think that im a super-hacker for change my rom almost every 2 days xD. Even,i teach to others to enter this full comunnity . So i wanna say ty x).

Enviado desde mi GT-S5660 usando Tapatalk 2

GeekyKitty

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys. 22/F from Canada.

I'm sort of an intermediate when it comes to android. So far I've put Litening 6.1 on a GSII, CM7 on my Gio and CM9 on my LG Eclypse.

I wish there was more on the forum for people who are just getting into rooting and flashing new ROMs and stuff. It seems like as soon as you click your way into a developer forum it's all terminology and jargon and everyone just assumes you know exactly what they're talking about. I really hope to see more detailed how-tos and stuff in the future. I'd love to learn more about this but when I have to spend 10 minutes googling every 3rd word someone says, it gets a bit tiresome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteragent5

Evaldas.

Aug 26, 2012
Kaunas
Could someone helping me with setting up account with erikcas JB build?
I try to make exchange account, but after i put my details in and hit next, i get message "Couldn't open connection server"

i log in with [mymail]@gmail and password for mail.
Tried installing gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :)
    Just set up this thread to let ppl take a LITTLE break from the roms and stuff , and chat a litte bit about out lives, our age and stuff or how we think of android or your experience of android :)
    Sent from the GUN in my pants:)
    Wow, first person out of asia !
    Yeah man, seeing so many people with android just refusing to learn smmth abt android, although their phones can be as good as sgs II just makes me feel indigant n jealous, lol

Sent from the GUN in my pants:)
    Hey guys! Good news. My bricked phone is back to life! :D Thanks to Samsung customer service. I don't know how they managed to do that. It was literally dead. I'm so happy I can use it again I really LOVE this phone!

Anyway, I'm gonna ask a couple of question before I mess up with it again.
    First, they've installed Gingerbread on it. I'm going to back up this ROM in case I need it in the future. How can I do this? I read I should use Nandroid Backup for that right?

Second, as I've said in my last post, after installing GioPro (before bricking the phone) recovery menu was gone! (I upgraded from stock froyo to GioPro v1.4) what would have possibly gone wrong in the process? I mean other users had access to recovery menu while I didn't. I need recovery menu for installing other languages so having it is a must for me.

And finally, I'm going to install Cyanogenmod ROM, initially I wanted to use Particle but it seems there are some issues with wifi connectivity. Generally it seems to be very stable by now. Any suggestions/advice before I start flashing?!
    Thanks!

For the giopro prob, I tink maybe u shud try 1.2/1.3 den upgrade to 1.4. When I download 1.3 last time it was okay. U shud try cm7.2 , really stable and good, and s2e FINALLY working now. U can just install from stock, BUT u shud ask more people as I'm not a pro :)

Sent from my GT-S5660 using XDA Premium App
    I think I like our forum mod a lot :D the quote "the andyharney solution, ban both, open beer, problem solved" :cool: very cool huahahahaha exactly what I do to my staff when they give me problem :D

fantastic stuff @ maclaw's cm9 thread, like it so much it makes me feel that reading the whole zeppelinrox V6 600+ pages thread kinda worth it :D

keep it up keep it up :D:D:D

Thanks, I didn't realise I had a small fan club ;)
    I try to be fair in all cases, and like to think I was approachable.
    And I'm 15 :cool:
    Btw here's a announcement: in a week the lemmingROM for the gio will be released!
    Overview:
    -CM7.2 compiled with phiexz device profile
    -lemmingkernel: Precise overclocking with many gouverneurs
    -Lemmingsettings, nicer looking settings ;D