Search This thread

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
Hello Guys,

Well some brief details first,

Device: Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Root: Yes

What I wanted To Achieve:
TWRP as Recovery (Guide Used: www.technostall.com/samsung-galaxy-s-advance-i9070-install-twrp-recovery/ ) (Failed Badly Here)
Custom ROM (Didn't Reach This Stage)

Current Phone State: No Battery Charging Icon only a round Loader (Switched Off Mode), No Download Mode, No Recovery Mode and Stuck at Boot.

What Can I try: I have No Idea... :( .. Posted here to know this...

After Flashing twrp with Odin, everything went good.. Like Odin Showed Success and Green.. I Disconnected phone when it rebooted but it won't won't won't move ahead of boot screen... Waited for more than 15mins, removed battery and restarted again kept it to boot till the entire battery drained but no use. Now don't know whether it is charging or no.

Kindly help.

Important Info: The phone belongs to my sis, help me before she kills me... :p :fingers-crossed:

Update: Entered Download mode once, only once and unfortunately my currently at my office with no softwares n drivers at hand...

Awaiting Help...

Last edited:

jfreak27

Apr 2, 2013
Nagpur
Why would you follow such a tedious guide to get TWRP, when you can just flash CoCore kernel with twrp? Well now just try to get into download mode and flash stock jb again.

Reactions: ginzon

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
OK guys thx will try CoCore kernal... I am able to get into Download mode sometimes so guess will flash Stock Firmware from sammobile...

After Stock Firmware=>CoCore Kernal=>Custom ROM

Hope this time it goes right...

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
OK guys thx will try CoCore kernal... I am able to get into Download mode sometimes so guess will flash Stock Firmware from sammobile...

In the future look for guides here on XDA, not on some third party sites... You have all explained here, just look good and read.

For future - do not flash GB kernel over any other ROM than on STOCK. Do not flash CM kernel over Stock JB, do not flash stock or CoCore kernel over CM based ROMs.

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
In the future look for guides here on XDA, not on some third party sites... You have all explained here, just look good and read.

For future - do not flash GB kernel over any other ROM than on STOCK. Do not flash CM kernel over Stock JB, do not flash stock or CoCore kernel over CM based ROMs.

Hi,

Thx for the info..

Well the future one went a bit in air.. Guess I'll have to read more to understand more.. Will do that..

Till then can you tell me whether Flashing EHNDROIX V on Stock Firmware with Cocore Kernel will be good?

Thx a lot...
@all
Thx for replying..

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi,

Thx for the info..

Well the future one went a bit in air.. Guess I'll have to read more to understand more.. Will do that..

Till then can you tell me whether Flashing EHNDROIX V on Stock Firmware with Cocore Kernel will be good?

Thx a lot...

@all
Thx for replying..

You can flas it. Maybe without CoCore too. From stock recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013

Well but they didn't mention we can do that with stock recovery so not sure about it..

Can you help me with CWM recovery if there's any for this phone, I found a temporary one but don't know it would be helpful or no... I've used CWM earlier on a phone...

CoCore if is hassle free then will go with that.. Coz another run dunno how it would turn out to be... :cyclops:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Well but they didn't mention we can do that with stock recovery so not sure about it..

Can you help me with CWM recovery if there's any for this phone, I found a temporary one but don't know it would be helpful or no... I've used CWM earlier on a phone...

CoCore if is hassle free then will go with that.. Coz another run dunno how it would turn out to be... :cyclops:

Yes, with CoCore you will get CMW, permanent one.

Reactions: TPD-21

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
Flashed Stock ROM and CoCore Kernel Successfully... Charging the phone now its hardly 15%.. Then Custom ROM...

Thx a lot guys..

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013

I have installed the ehndroix v ROM... They have Superuser built in, so no need for SuperSU.. Thats good..

Now when I use Titanium BackUp, it says the su binary is outdated.. So where to get the new su binary from? how to confirm what version it is and how to update? I know Superuser is not into this, its just a management tool.. So how do I get about it?

Thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I have installed the ehndroix v ROM... They have Superuser built in, so no need for SuperSU.. Thats good..

Now when I use Titanium BackUp, it says the su binary is outdated.. So where to get the new su binary from? how to confirm what version it is and how to update? I know Superuser is not into this, its just a management tool.. So how do I get about it?

Thx in advance

If TB is working then no need to update it...

Last edited by a moderator:

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
Ok Thx.. Yes it seems to work.. Like it verified the backups and restored it too.. atleast it started the installer and I did install..

BTW seems all the features I use are working n this Firmware.. However is there a better option than Nova Launcher, I tried GoLauncher but didn't like it much compared to Nova....

Also I found FM Radio missing in this firmware and also the default Music app.. I installed default Music one from F-Droid and also one from PlayStore but where do I get a tuned in Radio? All are internet based... Spirit FM is very expensive... Can you help me to find the stock one for this...
Thx in Advance..

One Learning, since I'm new to Android (correct me if wrong), Dalvik cache can be cleared at will if you want to force android to rebuilt the apps cache for faster loading.. Right?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Ok Thx.. Yes it seems to work.. Like it verified the backups and restored it too.. atleast it started the installer and I did install..

BTW seems all the features I use are working n this Firmware.. However is there a better option than Nova Launcher, I tried GoLauncher but didn't like it much compared to Nova....

Also I found FM Radio missing in this firmware and also the default Music app.. I installed default Music one from F-Droid and also one from PlayStore but where do I get a tuned in Radio? All are internet based... Spirit FM is very expensive... Can you help me to find the stock one for this...
Thx in Advance..

One Learning, since I'm new to Android (correct me if wrong), Dalvik cache can be cleared at will if you want to force android to rebuilt the apps cache for faster loading.. Right?

There is no other FM radio for CM based ROMs. Only Spirit FB, and there is free version too. Look on XDA for developers thread.

You can clear Dalvik cache, and it will rebuild after reboot. But there is cache already, so I think it will not speed up loading more.

ginzon

Apr 29, 2013
Ok so guess, won't be doing the wipe frequently...
Will search xda for Spirit Free...

Last question:
Which launcher do you suggest?

Thx..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash firmware

<----- Click Thank Its Easy
    That guide got little problem , flashing twrp using odin is for gingerbread, in jelly bean use cocore kernel for twrp and i also got same experience with you but i get into download mode and flash frimware http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29206 again to fix it .Download the file first and try go into download mode anywhere and flash it ,if cannot go to phone repair shop
    Why would you follow such a tedious guide to get TWRP, when you can just flash CoCore kernel with twrp? Well now just try to get into download mode and flash stock jb again.

Hi,

Thx for the info..

Thx a lot...

@all
    Thx for replying..