Flashing stock rom with broken screen? ODIN?

Search This thread

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
Can anyone help me ?

i need to return my phone but currently have bobcat rom installed on it..............

Anyone help me install stock rom with no access to the phones screen what so ever as its broken.

Thanks.

Oh and how would i know its all done afterwards?

Chalao

Oct 2, 2013
Can anyone help me ?

i need to return my phone but currently have bobcat rom installed on it..............

Anyone help me install stock rom with no access to the phones screen what so ever as its broken.

Thanks.

Oh and how would i know its all done afterwards?

If you cannot see on your screen what's going on as it is broken, flashing stock via Odin seems to be your best bet. You should be able to find the right one for your country on sammobile.

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Turn off phone then boot into download mode (power+volume down)
Give it a minute then press volume up.

Connect to Odin.

Put .tar image in PDA section and press start.

It will say pass in Odin when it's done.

That's it, easy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
really? how long would i know before its done? and if i just put a sim in afterwards would it ring with out all the setup? just so i could check its working?

The screen is broken so it would cost me £150 to repair or sell it for £80 to recycle site as it is but with out custom roms.

or sell it on ebay for maybe £100?

Im now trying to find the right tar file thing!

the phone was a EE provided one but i unlocked it so should it be flashed with BTU or just the EE firmware which is I9505XXUAMDD for and old one or I9505XXUFNC4 for a new one.

thought it would be better on a old firmware knox purposes as this phone is pre knox

Last edited:

Zaraee

Mar 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
really? how long would i know before its done? and if i just put a sim in afterwards would it ring with out all the setup? just so i could check its working?

The screen is broken so it would cost me £150 to repair or sell it for £80 to recycle site as it is but with out custom roms.

or sell it on ebay for maybe £100?

Im now trying to find the right tar file thing!

the phone was a EE provided one but i unlocked it so should it be flashed with BTU or just the EE firmware which is I9505XXUAMDD for and old one or I9505XXUFNC4 for a new one.

thought it would be better on a old firmware knox purposes as this phone is pre knox

i don't think that will be a problem if it is to repair your screen..it'll be a problem when you send to repair your phone software.

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
Mazumma will give me about 60 for it. But would imagine it needs stock firmware

Sent from my HP Slate 10 HD using Tapatalk

Gavin01

Apr 17, 2006
Hi sorry to keep posting but can anyone help? i dont know what version i should be downloading and flashing?