[Q] Porting a KitKat ROM. Several Issues Encountered.

Search This thread

TekGadgt

Aug 8, 2012
Ok, I have a Nexus 5. I have been trying to port (Zip style, not Source) the CM11S build for the OnePlus One. I used the 20140615 CM11 nightly build as the base, but it keeps getting stuck at the boot animation. My issues are that I need to know how to activate ADB Debugging through the build.prop so I can get a logcat on first boot (while it's stuck on the boot animation). Also, once I can get a logcat, I would love some help debugging my port. I will upload a copy of my Zip in it's current form, if anyone has any advice, feel free to pass along some advice.

My CM11S Port (AndroidFileHost)

TekGadgt

Aug 8, 2012
Yeah you can adb pull the db and use sqllite to edit it on a pc and push it back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.
search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

TekGadgt

Aug 8, 2012
search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

I got the adb over recovery issue sorted out, now I just need to figure out why when I use adb logcat, I get /sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also, if I try to save the logcat to a file, adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt, I get Access is denied.